Sign in to follow this  
dighost

What "if" Flight is Hawaii only... what will you do?

:( Oh, the pain... Oh well, I'll bite. I'll buy it. Just because.

I wont buy it if my own country Denmark is not represented, and it has to be in great detail too with accurate roads and landmarks. If its only Hawail i have no use for it.
What a close minded statement.No sim on the market or really any addon for that matter provides what you are looking for... Keep dreaming.

Not close minded at all. Maybe his expectations on the level of detail of landmarks may be bit high, but sufficiently detail databases are available to provide accurate major roads globally. Many folks practise VFR flying in FSX currently using these features. Not an unreasonable comment at all.

If hadn't done Hawaii to death allready with Megascenery and Dillingham I'd probably buy it, but an Hawaii only flight sim would not be added to my almost complete FS collection... However I find it highly unlikely that Flight is Hawaii only, so I don't loose any sleep over it.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Buy it anyway, Looks to be great scenery with a couple of nice aircraft to fly.

Jack Cannon

What a close minded statement.No sim on the market or really any addon for that matter provides what you are looking for... Keep dreaming.
FSX does with a few addons,

At the end of the day, Flight will cost nothing more than a decent payware plane and scenery pack.Some of you may argue that Flight may not be as good as either which could be true but when compared to any addon's you can't deny Flight will offer tremendous value for money.So it seems sensible that even the sceptical amongst us could buy Flight as a Hawaii scenery pack with a few planes thrown in and just enjoy what it has to offer. Then move back to FS9 / FSX when desired.Theres no reason not to give Flight ago unless you're really really poor, and somehow with the rigs and software additions people talk about here that's something which I'll find very hard to believe.Cheers,Dave.

If you read the MS Flight 12/15 news update on MS site, Mt. Rainier is shown and mentioned, so its not Hawaii only...http://www.microsoft...udio_philosophy
Um, this article describes a real flight in a real airplane with the real Mt. Ranier in the background...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Um, this article describes a real flight in a real airplane with the real Mt. Ranier in the background...
Lol, i was thinking same thing. But maybe thats just a really really turned up settings Flight screenshot?

What will I do? I'll laugh at the people who insisted that it wasn't going to be Hawaii only. Then I won't do anything because I wasn't planning on buying Flight anyway. I'm having too much fun with X-Plane 10.

I would continue with FSX to 2018 (which I will do anyway), and then buy X plane 11.

I'll be highly entertained by the resulting indignant posts and reply's ----- will be LMAO (along with Ben)!!Then, after the gurus get it all figured out, I'll buy it --- just like everyone else here!

I'll be highly entertained by the resulting indignant posts and reply's ----- will be LMAO (along with Ben)!!Then, after the gurus get it all figured out, I'll buy it --- just like everyone else here!
Funny but wrong. So many stuck with FS9 and there could be a greater backlash against Flight. There's less disposable income these days for things that aren't up to par. I for one will stay with FS9 and start my migration to FSX. I'm confident now I can buy a fairly priced machine that will run FSX pretty nicely right out the box. I have little time these days for the tweaking game so waiting until now will prove beneficial. I'm hoping Flight will surprise us all but it's looking highly likely my 'bargin bin' copy of FSX won't go to waste.
So it seems sensible that even the sceptical amongst us could buy Flight as a Hawaii scenery pack with a few planes thrown in and just enjoy what it has to offer. Then move back to FS9 / FSX when desired.Theres no reason not to give Flight ago unless you're really really poorCheers,Dave.
Didn't we already attend this party? What your saying is worse than what many have had to do for the last few years. Grab a Cessna for low to the ground flying you choose FSX, for Airliner flying you choose FS9. Now fly around Hawaii and when you hit the scenery wall shut down the sim and move to FSX for the rest of the flight. You can have that scenerio...
well M.S. Have been guilty of doing some pretty dumb things, like closing aces and stopping development of their no1 game, i just hope that the brainbox who made that decision is no longer at M.S. after all who could give an someone like that respect? I cant see that flight will be just hawaii , it would be another shot in the foot and hopefully they wouldnt make another dumb decision with fsim.However if flight is not substantially better than fsx people will vote with their wallets and we shall all migrate over to prepar3d or something similar.
He's still there... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_BallmerBill Gates takes the credit for keeping Aces around for so long. I'm hopeful about Flight but the odds aren't in Common Since's favor...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.