Sign in to follow this  
magnetite

Viewing approach charts as you fly

So I recently discovered approach charts for FSX which you can use. Now I have found a way to download them as a PDF file, but is there a convenient way to view them in FSX without the use of another monitor or external device?

Aside from opening adobe acrobat or your favorite viewer there miiiight be some way of loading them into the FSX checklists... but imho it's still opening a new window. I'm not familiar with how to do it but I'm sure the answer is in these forums. Maybe someone else can assist?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've started transferring the PDFs onto my iPad for the airports I frequent, works well, nice to have them at hand without having to switch screens/windows

Dean Stringer

Even real pilots are switching to electronic charts. I read about Alaska Airlines outfitting their crews w/iPads recently. That's how I use mine.

What are you using on the iPad for viewing and sorting PDFs? I could use iBooks, but it's lame when you start having more than just couple of charts. Something like folders would be cool...

how about this EFBhttp://www.aivlasoft.com/products/index.htmlI've just got it, and all I can is Wow, very good.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

What are you using on the iPad for viewing and sorting PDFs? I could use iBooks, but it's lame when you start having more than just couple of charts. Something like folders would be cool...
GoodReader, works perfect with dropbox, fast and easy to use, best app on my iPad :-)

I use an Ipad which is attached at eye level to the side of my monitor. I haven't downloaded any PDF's, which of course you can, but I have simply created a folder which includes links to various sites which each have a complete collection of charts! The Ipad is run on the wifi network, so I just pick which region and hey presto. At the moment I have complete coverage in the US, Australia, New Zealand and the UK... all on my Ipad! I have no sites with charts for Spain or Germany, so if anyone knows of such, please let me know, I'd be very grateful, cheers.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776