Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

A Minority Report

The fact is that the most enthusiastic beta testers have extra content.

Like I said, I don't know if I have more, or less content than other beta testers. I really don't know. I know this, from the first I noticed hints, that later turned into proofs, that there is something very interesting here. <- That, by the way, is a real understatement!Kind regards,

LOL, there was a guys here in these forums (just can't remember who the guy is right now) who was giving clues about what Flight will be, pay as you go etc.....he got laughed at, but he was right....he gave more clues as to how Flight beta was not the full version ....got laughed at again....now I'm sure the same guy is reading these post and thinking...."What the heck, let them think that this is all new stuff they just discovered, stuff that was not told to them before"..... :(

I can't help but notice that the only people who are very enthusiastic about Flight in this forum are those who have been given more content to test
I'm enthusiastic - and I have no content other than what is being provided to the general public. Why am I enthusiastic? Because everyone will have a chance to try this for free - hopefully the ranks of our "niche community" will grow. Some may be hardcore, some may be casual, some may buy nothing, others will want to purchase whatever is provided. However it works out, MSFlight is another option for us - I feel great that FSX was NOT the swan song of any attempt at a PC flight offering from Microsoft. In my math, that's a plus, not a minus.I may not be a "hardcore" flight simulation enthusiast, but I've paid my dues...and I'm happy (yes, enthusiastic) that Microsoft is having another go at this.

I can't help but notice that the only people who are very enthusiastic about Flight in this forum are those who have been given more content to test. I am just not sure what came first, the enthusiasm or the reward, more content.Now don't get me wrong, I am not questioning your sincerity, but one has to look at the facts. I wonder what the view of the rest of the beta testers is, especially the ones that don't have this content. Could it be that they can't say, because they would be tagged as haters and eventually silenced one way or another, not to mention their chances of getting this new content.
nice try :(

Like I said, I don't know if I have more, or less content than other beta testers. I really don't know. I know this, from the first I noticed hints, that later turned into proofs, that there is something very interesting here. <- That, by the way, is a real understatement!Kind regards,
You sound so damn enthusiastic, that even I have difficulty remaining objective. :(

Some people have the main island and 2 planes, while others have all the islands and 5 planes.Other than that, the program is the same.

It is instead a brand new (or more properly reverse it to NEW BRAND) and refreshing representation on the magic and fascination of flight that will win hearts and minds of both newbies addicted to gaming and oldtimers addicted to flight simming like me.
People, you've got to listen to this man.May I add that I have a feeling that MS might be doing a splendid job on their goal of making virtual flying more accessible and easier to jump into and learn to newbies..... This, in the grand scheme of things, can only be welcomed for the hobby - regardless which sim anyone in the AVSIM crowd personally prefers. And it has been said before, there is no law saying that you may only have one sim installed.
for I don't know what others have.
There is a way to look others over the shoulder. You won't see *what* they have, but..... Edited by nbz

You sound so damn enthusiastic, that even I have difficulty remaining objective. :(
That's the stuff Atilla! Turn that frown upside down! LOL :( Anyway...if myself and others who see it the same way are wrong, you're going to have the time of your life chasing us down and humiliating us all over the internet up one side of the FS world and down the other! If the prospect of that sweet revenge does not keep you grinning with anticipation and delight, nothing will! :Drooling:Kind regards,

Hey guys, I'm a flight beta tester and i've been playing flight sims since the first flight unlimited and CFS1. I don't really care to be a member of this forum, However i had to start an account to address these posts. Just thought wanted to address these posts.

I can't help but notice that the only people who are very enthusiastic about Flight in this forum are those who have been given more content to test. I am just not sure what came first, the enthusiasm or the reward, more content.Now don't get me wrong, I am not questioning your sincerity, but one has to look at the facts. I wonder what the view of the rest of the beta testers is, especially the ones that don't have this content. Could it be that they can't say, because they would be tagged as haters and eventually silenced one way or another, not to mention their chances of getting this new content.
The extra content is not an extra 4000%, but rather an extra few percent. For some, it's exactly what they want, other couldn't care less.As far as those who aren't liking the beta being labeled as haters, that is false. Flight Beta Discussions are filled with many many opinions of the game, and all input is appreciated.
Insinuating that the extra content is a reward to make people happy, just means that when you buy the game and receive this content......you will be happy.Stephen, I read the full thread and I must say your posts have been great. Hopefully people will keep an open mind.

Hey guys, I'm a flight beta tester and i've been playing flight sims since the first flight unlimited and CFS1. I don't really care to be a member of this forum, However i had to start an account to address these posts. Just thought wanted to address these posts.The extra content is not an extra 4000%, but rather an extra few percent. For some, it's exactly what they want, other couldn't care less.As far as those who aren't liking the beta being labeled as haters, that is false. Flight Beta Discussions are filled with many many opinions of the game, and all input is appreciated.Insinuating that the extra content is a reward to make people happy, just means that when you buy the game and receive this content......you will be happy.Stephen, I read the full thread and I must say your posts have been great. Hopefully people will keep an open mind.
Thank you very much! Thank you very much...

...whoever you are! See you in the skys!Kind regards,

There are significant advances in many aspects of FLIGHT, some of which will blow everyone's socks off regardless of how much they detest and resist FLIGHT now! IMHO FLIGHT is (thankfully) not an incremental continuation or even a restart in the tired old MS flight simulation franchise. It is instead a brand new (or more properly reverse it to NEW BRAND) and refreshing representation on the magic and fascination of flight that will win hearts and minds of both newbies addicted to gaming and oldtimers addicted to flight simming like me. Is it perfect? No, but some primary flight simulation parts are already nearly so! And the very best part is...drum roll please... :( ...the best is yet to come.
This is very encouraging Stephen. Thanks.

Hello all,Just my two cents about all these topics:Microsoft could keep the idea to offer the base sim for free and welcome third party developers (upon SDK licensing, paid or free) to offer their products as DLC at some kind of central "Microsoft Flight Network Store". The offered content could be free or paid, in which case Microsoft would keep a percentage per sell. This way they could earn continuous revenue and please a broader audience.Planes, scenery, utilities... even Vatsim or IVAO could be included as an "APP" (in case of a network like vatsim would be more an APP gateway).Developers could keep developing for hardcore simmers and ALSO (meaning new opportunities) creating new products for occasional players (new Flight missions) or even entry level mission tutorials aiming to convert occasional players into possible hardcore simmers. Current developers would also benefit from reaching a broader audience through Microsoft channels. New people could enter the hobby.There are a lot of ways to please hardcore simmers and newcomers using this centralization scheme. It is a way to increase community control and not to loose a big market for other promising simulators like X-Plane.I don´t see Flight or Microsoft really hurting developers... maybe distributors... But that is another subject.Regards,

Edited by neodigital

Developers could keep developing for hardcore simmers and ALSO creating new products for occasional players
There is no general law stating that it requires, in principle, two separate products to offer a rendition of a specific aircraft suitable for both groups.

I can't help but notice that the only people who are very enthusiastic about Flight in this forum are those who have been given more content to test. I am just not sure what came first, the enthusiasm or the reward, more content.
Well, that just isn't factual. As it happens I am modestly enthusiastic, but have only the Big Island and the two aircraft to play test with......by the time the beta is over I'll likely have seen every bloody tree, bush and blade of grass on that island, as I've now started exploring the area around the airfields on foot! :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.