Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

A Minority Report

I can't say that I feel manipulated, just curious. So I guess if I'm not the target market, I'm still responding the way Microsoft wants me to!
I think that Microsoft must be pretty happy about what is going on on this forum. Hundreds of posts about FLIGHT. Not all good that's true. But lots of discussion and top of everyboyd;s mind. I watched a documentary this evening about how Apple keeps everyone in the dark to the last minute and is then indunated with customers wanting to buy stuff from their new shops. Sure we are being manipulated.

I think that Microsoft must be pretty happy about what is going on on this forum. Hundreds of posts about FLIGHT. Not all good that's true. But lots of discussion and top of everyboyd;s mind. I watched a documentary this evening about how Apple keeps everyone in the dark to the last minute and is then indunated with customers wanting to buy stuff from their new shops. Sure we are being manipulated.
Semantics, true, but to me being manipulated means taking unfair advantage of me in some manner. Microsoft has the info, there not telling me everything which increases my curiosity - I'm being marketed, not manipulated.Of course, that could be me trying to make myself feel better!

Good insight, that explains a lot. To be spoken about, good or bad, means one is popular, thought about. You are correct about Apple. Microsoft is doing an Apple type approach.

The difference is that Apple makes state of the art products, while Microsoft to a large extent play catch up. Also, MS has talked warmly about the FS community - past and present - and one has to wonder if giving the silent treatment is the best way to bond with customers and build a loyal following.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I reread the NDA and yes, I think that I can legally say that I am Beta testing FLIGHT. Although I cannot describe what is in the program I will say that I have received a number of revisions and updates that may, or may not be the same as other beta testers, for I don't know what others have. There are significant advances in many aspects of FLIGHT, some of which will blow everyone's socks off regardless of how much they detest and resist FLIGHT now! IMHO FLIGHT is (thankfully) not an incremental continuation or even a restart in the tired old MS flight simulation franchise. It is instead a brand new (or more properly reverse it to NEW BRAND) and refreshing representation on the magic and fascination of flight that will win hearts and minds of both newbies addicted to gaming and oldtimers addicted to flight simming like me. Is it perfect? No, but some primary flight simulation parts are already nearly so! And the very best part is...drum roll please... :( ...the best is yet to come.Kind regards,PS: Don't you dare call me a FLIGHT ###### or your computer may mysteriously catch the most evil case of st-st-stut-stutters that you can imagine! :(

Sounds good to me! :(
That's the stuff Jeroen! Your computer will now run smoother and faster than greased lightening! :(

I reread the NDA and yes, I think that I can legally say that I am Beta testing FLIGHT
I reread your post and all I can say is - GOOD. Your posts seem to be well thought through before placing hand to keyboard - you are of both the "old school hardcore" and "let's get some new guys in" mentalities - and you have a good sense of humor. Other than myself, I can't think of a better person to be a beta tester!

I reread the NDA and yes, I think that I can legally say that I am Beta testing FLIGHT. Although I cannot describe what is in the program I will say that I have received a number of revisions and updates that may, or may not be the same as other beta testers, for I don't know what others have. There are significant advances in many aspects of FLIGHT, some of which will blow everyone's socks off regardless of how much they detest and resist FLIGHT now! IMHO FLIGHT is (thankfully) not an incremental continuation or even a restart in the tired old MS flight simulation franchise. It is instead a brand new (or more properly reverse it to NEW BRAND) and refreshing representation on the magic and fascination of flight that will win hearts and minds of both newbies addicted to gaming and oldtimers addicted to flight simming like me. Is it perfect? No, but some primary flight simulation parts are already nearly so! And the very best part is...drum roll please... :( ...the best is yet to come.Kind regards,PS: Don't you dare call me a FLIGHT ###### or your computer may mysteriously catch the most evil case of st-st-stut-stutters that you can imagine! :(
I agree with everyting you said, Steven! Hope my laptop will run now smoother too :( Edited by rodger

I agree with everyting you said, Steven! Hope my laptop will run now smoother too :(
Bless you my son... :LMAO:Kind regards,

I reread your post and all I can say is - GOOD. Your posts seem to be well thought through before placing hand to keyboard - you are of both the "old school hardcore" and "let's get some new guys in" mentalities - and you have a good sense of humor. Other than myself, I can't think of a better person to be a beta tester!
Oh oh! I sure hope I don't let you down! Thanks for the vote of confidence, whether deserved or not! That is far better than being branded with a big "F" on the forehead. :vava:Kind regards,

Wow! This is getting really interesting. But, I'm still not on board. Maybe the next topic may convince me to be more optimistic. :(

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I can't help but notice that the only people who are very enthusiastic about Flight in this forum are those who have been given more content to test. I am just not sure what came first, the enthusiasm or the reward, more content.Now don't get me wrong, I am not questioning your sincerity, but one has to look at the facts. I wonder what the view of the rest of the beta testers is, especially the ones that don't have this content. Could it be that they can't say, because they would be tagged as haters and eventually silenced one way or another, not to mention their chances of getting this new content.

I can't help but notice that the only people who are very enthusiastic about Flight in this forum are those who have been given more content to test.
The more content you see, the better judgement you can make about Flight.While you might not be questioning their sincerity, you are are certainly trying to stir up yet another conspiracy that somehow those with negative view of Flight will be suppressed.
, but one has to look at the facts.
What facts, do you care to elaborate?

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.