Sign in to follow this  
Thruster

Flight Video from CES

Microsoft doesn't need to get a "green light" for a xbo360 version... It is already probably in the works.We did get screwed, and I do think it might backfire. Oh well, FSX still has legs.
No.

It looks like PilotWings but not as fun. Girl Gamers sure like it tho ;)I was hoping for something a little bit more realistic & with last-ability greater than a few hours.Microsoft are clearly trying to get a green light for a Xbox360 version & we(real simmers) got screwed.I'm 14, I love console games. But FLIGHT is confused software, is it a Simulator, is it an arcade game? Oh I don't think even the Developers know. Its just a hack.If they wanted it to appeal to kids more, they should have added guns.It'll backfire. It'll won't make enough $$ for the Microsoft suits to think its worth keeping the FLIGHT team around much longer.
I'm not just a girl gamer, but also a game modder, and an experienced flight simmer (my first MS sim was flying FS4, on my older brother's PC). I own FSX, X-Plane 9, DCS's Black Shark, Rise of Flight, and a bunch of older sims (that I inherited from my brother).I believe that Flight can eventually be just as much a simulator as FSX ... depending on what the released version is like, and how soon the DLC adds ATC (if it is not included in the free core sim). BTW: both are also games (FSX also includes some arcade "fly through the hoops challenges").So far what has been shown from CES, and the latest promotional videos has focused mostly on the "fun" arcade stuff. Personally I think this is a mistake, but MS has stated that one of the goals of Flight is to also attract gamers (which they probably feel is necessary in order to generate enough revenue to make Flight successful). And, when you think about it, this makes sense, as they already have us. Seriously, is there anyone on this forum who will not try out the free version of Flight?

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

What if there are actually two betas, with the one being leaked being the less feature rich. Is it possible that they are that clever? :(
You mean the public 'demo' -- right? ROFL. That's not anywhere close to a beta..which seems to be the norm these days. BF3 just did the same thing right before release.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

You guys really are pretty oblivious. They are showing the missions/challenges available, (in this video) NOT free flight, which lacks the arcade aspect.
You know what it's like to become so invested in something that you downplay the negatives and accentuate the positives-- even when the negatives greatly outweigh the positives? I mean, hey, if you're looking forward to Flight and can't wait to see what it has to offer, more power to you. But, with all due respect, you're coming off as a bit of a ###### and that does little for credibility.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

It's CES, a trade show. It’s noisy and everyone is competing for some attention.No one there is going to look twice at a freefight demo...as in, 'oooh this stuff is authentic!'A booth has maybe 30 seconds to make an impression.A brief challenge just might be enough to get 30 seconds of focused attention.And agreed the missions look pretty lame...so does all FSX's 'new user' stuff.None of it says much...good or bad.With Flight’s DLC strategy we can’t judge this game on content…the content is all TBA...the engine is free.So about all you a look at is this engine. That’s damn hard to do if you aren’t playing it.And if you are you’re under NDA.A lot of trade show demos are custom dead-end branches of the game specially made to show off certain features. Not saying that’s what the CES demo is (and I haven't seen it) but it’s the kind of information that’s not shared. An NDA doesn’t give you access to information.

It's CES, a trade show. It’s noisy and everyone is competing for some attention.No one there is going to look twice at a freefight demo...as in, 'oooh this stuff is authentic!'A booth has maybe 30 seconds to make an impression.A brief challenge just might be enough to get 30 seconds of focused attention.And agreed the missions look pretty lame...so does all FSX's 'new user' stuff.None of it says much...good or bad.With Flight’s DLC strategy we can’t judge this game on content…the content is all TBA...the engine is free.So about all you a look at is this engine. That’s damn hard to do if you aren’t playing it.And if you are you’re under NDA.A lot of trade show demos are custom dead-end branches of the game specially made to show off certain features. Not saying that’s what the CES demo is (and I haven't seen it) but it’s the kind of information that’s not shared. An NDA doesn’t give you access to information.
Yes true, but imagine if MS had instead set up a real cockpit as many simmers do, even with Fs9 running on the projections screens there would be a massive queue to try it out!vololiberista

Flyawaysimulations article states that they will not release whole Earth...
Where did they say that? Or are you referring to a different article than http://flyawaysimula...rosoft-studios/ ? Edited by pstrub

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Not another one. I am losing hope, not with Flight, but the community. Base conclusions on facts, or don't conclude anything. MS has been quite vague, and unresponsive... Lots of peoples opinions are being based on speculation, and also buIIsh*t (excuse my French) and rumours. That never gets anywhere, other than misleading people. Simply put: WE DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING JUST YET, HAVE PATIENCE, WAIT FROM WORD FROM MS.(I thought I would make that REALLY stand out, as some people are still reluctant to read, or take notice of this.)I'm not a fan-girl of Flight, I'm also disappointed in some areas, but I base my conclusions from information which I know is from valid sources (MS's website, some Flight articles, and seen gameplay of Flight itself), any other source I simply dismiss as being false, unless proven otherwise. There are a lot of uncertainties at the moment, THERE IS A LOT THAT WILL CHANGE OVER TIME, ANYTHING CAN BE ADDED AT A LATER DATE (from a reputable Flight article), this means anything I wish was included, or want to be included, could be added to Flight in the future, I will be patient for those things. I do not expect everything at launch, as its basically unfinished (compared to past titles), MS wanted to release it this way, as it is a wiser business decision, helping to prevent the game becoming stale, plus they can continuously add new content over time, keeping things fresh.Just be patient, we will know more soon enough. :)*btw, when using the term 'game' it is an umbrella term, it also includes simulation and racing games, and everything in-between. Do not twist my words. "A video game is an electronic form of play that involves interaction with a user interface to generate visual feedback on a video device" - the definition of the word "videogame", game is the common shorthand for videogame. Just being clear. :)
I'm not just a girl gamer, but also a game modder, and an experienced flight simmer (my first MS sim was flying FS4, on my older brother's PC). I own FSX, X-Plane 9, DCS's Black Shark, Rise of Flight, and a bunch of older sims (that I inherited from my brother).I believe that Flight can eventually be just as much a simulator as FSX ... depending on what the released version is like, and how soon the DLC adds ATC (if it is not included in the free core sim). BTW: both are also games (FSX also includes some arcade "fly through the hoops challenges").So far what has been shown from CES, and the latest promotional videos has focused mostly on the "fun" arcade stuff. Personally I think this is a mistake, but MS has stated that one of the goals of Flight is to also attract gamers (which they probably feel is necessary in order to generate enough revenue to make Flight successful). And, when you think about it, this makes sense, as they already have us. Seriously, is there anyone on this forum who will not try out the free version of Flight?
Indeed. I totally agree.
You know what it's like to become so invested in something that you downplay the negatives and accentuate the positives-- even when the negatives greatly outweigh the positives? I mean, hey, if you're looking forward to Flight and can't wait to see what it has to offer, more power to you. But, with all due respect, you're coming off as a bit of a ###### and that does little for credibility.
Give me a break please. All the negative talk around here, that's the way to go I presume? Being positive about something doesn't make you a '######'. As is said above, we don't know what the final product will be like. We don't know what the future of this new platform will bring. We are still speculating, just as before the release of the January news and the beta.If speculating with your glass half full makes you a ######, what does all this pessimistic speculation make you? Edited by Rimshot

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Give me a break please. All the negative talk around here, that's the way to go I presume? Being positive about something doesn't make you a '######'. As is said above, we don't know what the final product will be like. We don't know what the future of this new platform will bring. We are still speculating, just as before the release of the January news and the beta.If speculating with your glass half full makes you a ######, what does all this pessimistic speculation make you?
The very nature of "fanboyism" is to not tolerate anything that speaks ill of the object of affection, no matter how valid it might be. In fact, anyone who suffers from this becomes so personally invested in the success of the object of their affections that they somehow process any slight against that object as a slight against their very person.For all we know, MS Flight might end up being the bee's knees when the entire world is available, but at what cost? How much money in DLC will it take to get the whole world? As someone pointed out before, not everyone flies to all 25,000-odd airports in FSX, but if flying, say, from KLAX to EHAM requires me to purchase Microsoft Flight: SoCal, Microsoft Flight: Canadian Borderlands, Microsoft Flight: Journey Across the North Atlantic, Microsoft Flight: Old Blighty, Microsoft Flight: Northwest Continental Europe, and Microsoft Flight: Heavy Jetliners all at 10 or 20 quid a pop, the notion becomes a bit ridiculous.To any who are adopting a "wait and see" attitude, that's fine. Just don't take it so personally and react so snidely when someone else responds with a negative opinion based on the very same information available to everyone.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

I am not happy with that assessment, according to you,the "######" have to settle for the MS gives us because they give to us, and for example, those who live in europe, asia and africa have to put up and wait we sell the DLC turn if MS wants, because if we are not satisfied with what we have and be happy about it.As this is abad business policy is to impose the rules and change to a market that many people are not willing to buy something you may not give us the guarantees or the quality we are used by many marketing campaign or decision the highest levels ofMS exchange market type who want to impose.There are professionals who are dedicated to teaching others to fly and we enjoy a level of realism that comes with what is showing us now MS.Would have to wait and see how it goes the direction of the project, but there are many people who love aviation is not willing to swallow because if the constraints of acompany that is more for the benefits that the community be satisfied that much treat us ######. We can hope, but not forever, or at any price.

Edited by minoslas

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

The very nature of "fanboyism" is to not tolerate anything that speaks ill of the object of affection, no matter how valid it might be. In fact, anyone who suffers from this becomes so personally invested in the success of the object of their affections that they somehow process any slight against that object as a slight against their very person.To any who are adopting a "wait and see" attitude, that's fine. Just don't take it so personally and react so snidely when someone else responds with a negative opinion based on the very same information available to everyone.
The question remains what it makes you if you choose to become personally invested in the failure of the product. My point is that this attitude seems to be accepted around here, even when nothing is sure as xXArch_AngelXx has clearly explained. Why not ask the glass half empty guys around here to not react so snidely whem something positive is posted?

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

The question remains what it makes you if you choose to become personally invested in the failure of the product. My point is that this attitude seems to be accepted around here, even when nothing is sure as xXArch_AngelXx has clearly explained. Why not ask the glass half empty guys around here to not react so snidely whem something positive is posted?
The whole point of this forum is to discuss Flight. People call them as they see them. The half-full people wish for things that are not in evidence. The half-empty people point to the lack of evidence.I would think that it is far more valid to point out that we have no evidence of a lot of features than to point out that Flight can be made into anything MS wants.People mostly like what they see, the issue is what we don't see and for that the "positive" crowd has only wishful thinking so far.

Microsoft Flight: Journey Across the North Atlantic
I would skip that one, what would it show anyway? animated waves and cruise ships 38k feet below? :-)
We don't know what the future of this new platform will bring. We are still speculating, just as before the release of the January news and the beta.
yep. searching for new video footprint at youtube I cam across an FSX trailer. first half was all about the infamous oil rig rescue mission with a helicopter. never did this in FSX. guess few were outraged back then when they saw that, golden coins are just a similar approach to an exploding oil rig, just easier for the casual simmer and ultimately a teaser for the masses Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Yes true, but imagine if MS had instead set up a real cockpit as many simmers do, even with Fs9 running on the projections screens there would be a massive queue to try it out!vololiberista
I wish this were the case (well, substitute FSXI for FS9). I've paid a couple of extra dollars to ride in one of those cheesy (or is it queasy?) moving platform rides at one of the aviation museums (I can't be alone on this one). But, to your point, the line was long and all of us paid the piper (it was kind of fun, too).On that note, I've just told my kids that they'll have to pay their own way through college:http://www.redbirdflightsimulations.com/?page_id=62(now, THAT would have been a draw at the Microsoft booth)

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.