Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steve inwood

** UIAutomationCore.dll ** This is the correct file

What "CTD" Is ?
Crash To Desktop - A situation that occurs for no apparent reason causing FSX to stop working and your desktop to be displayed!

As Steve pointed out, this fix is for if you get a CTD (Crash to Desktop) when interacting with the menus in FSX

Hi GUys !I do have CTD only when i use FSpassengers! After 30-40 min i always have a CTD! Can this be the problem? Thanks

where do you put it ? in the fsx folder?
Just drop the file in the Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder Main root folder..I will strongley advise that everyone that is running FSX on windows 7 to use this...

Lucky you fixed, I never menage to solve mine even on drop UIAutomationCore.dll of vista version on the main FSX folder.

I just followed REX instruction on their forum and removed those file, never seen any issue since then (over a year and a half ago).

I just followed REX instruction on their forum and removed those file, never seen any issue since then (over a year and a half ago).
Removed what the win 7 uiautomationcore.dll files you mean .. ???

You should never ever delete system files m8 that is my thoughts anyway.. the reason that the vista version of the uiautomationcore.dll file is used is to prevent FSX from using the win 7 one and that does stop the menu CTD'SYou guys at PMDG can you shed any light on this Please...I would not delete any system 32 or syswow64 files..

I did once remouve the w7 system 32 or syswow64 files and had blu screen all the time so this is not the solution

Is this the standard vista version that's usually used for fsx? I tried this fix a few weeks back and it worked suprisingly well.

well, that is what recommended in the REX forum posted by the REX DEVs.I deleted those files and I have no issues.

Deleting the actual Win7 system files is something you should never do - I have no idea why their devs would say to do that. Those files aren't just for FSX, other programs could potentially use them and then fail to run or crash when they don't find them there. Putting the Vista version in the FSX folder forces it to use that instead of the Win7 version - that's all you need to do.

Deleting the actual Win7 system files is something you should never do - I have no idea why their devs would say to do that. Those files aren't just for FSX, other programs could potentially use them and then fail to run or crash when they don't find them there. Putting the Vista version in the FSX folder forces it to use that instead of the Win7 version - that's all you need to do.
And what to do if it dosen't enough?

Hi All. Please excuse my ignorance on this. I have experienced some CTDs when using menus so want to make this change. When I search for the UIAutomationCore.dll file I find it in:ComputerWinVista©WindowsSystem32. Despite the Vista reference on my hard disc I use 64 bit W7. Whe you make reference to dropping the file into the FSX folder, what does that mean given where it currently appears to be?Thanks for any adviceJohn Gilbert

Hi All. Please excuse my ignorance on this. I have experienced some CTDs when using menus so want to make this change. When I search for the UIAutomationCore.dll file I find it in:ComputerWinVista©WindowsSystem32. Despite the Vista reference on my hard disc I use 64 bit W7. Whe you make reference to dropping the file into the FSX folder, what does that mean given where it currently appears to be?Thanks for any adviceJohn Gilbert
Hi John... All you need to do is download the version i have uploaded at the thop of thie thread and drop it in your main fsx root folder thats it . This will tell Microsoft to use that one instead of the win 7 one dont worry about the one's in win7 they are for the system and MUST NOT BE TOUCHED!

SteveThanks for the response. I'm going to prove my ignorance again! Becasue I use W7 I seem to have various bits of FSX all over the place. Could you point me in the direction of the "fsx root" folder.CheersJohn