Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Splitting the Topic - Perspective & History

So, that's it then?Since when have you been privy to Microsoft deliberations?
We have screenshots and promo videos of Hawaii.We have videos from CES.We had videos of the beta (one of many apparently)We have the MS press release of Jan 4.We have the statements from MS Flight lead in an interview stating focus is on small detailed areas.We have Tom's assessment.We have statements from Aerosoft, PMDG and OrbxAll of the above point to one thing...and thenWe have vague statements from people on this board that apparently contradict all of the above...and thenWe have your statement. What makes you think that MS is deliberating anything beyond what they have released so far?

From the Flight website:"Those looking to deepen their experience can purchase and download additional content that adds new aircraft, regions and customization options."Lets see what they are going to offer, before shooting it down in flames..

Bert

Lets see what they are going to offer, before shooting it down in flames..
We can't possibly be as sensible as that, can we?

We have screenshots and promo videos of Hawaii.We have videos from CES.We had videos of the beta (one of many apparently)We have the MS press release of Jan 4.We have the statements from MS Flight lead in an interview stating focus is on small detailed areas.We have Tom's assessment.We have statements from Aerosoft, PMDG and OrbxAll of the above point to one thing...and thenWe have vague statements from people on this board that apparently contradict all of the above...and thenWe have your statement. What makes you think that MS is deliberating anything beyond what they have released so far?
That's because some of those "vague statements" are being made by people who have some integrity.All the above in your list is dependent upon personal interpretation of the data. And NO ONE'S even seen the finished product yet.I've also viewed all the above. So why are my feelings about Flight so different than yours?Why have you made it your personal mission to attack Flight here? What do you hope to gain by Flight's failure? Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

From the Flight website:"Those looking to deepen their experience can purchase and download additional content that adds new aircraft, regions and customization options."Lets see what they are going to offer, before shooting it down in flames..
Unless what they are offering is target drones and a combat add-on :(

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

That's because some of those "vague statements" are being made by people who have some integrity.All the above in your list is dependent upon personal interpretation of the data. And NO ONE'S even seen the finished product yet.I've also viewed all the above. So why are my feelings about Flight so different than yours?Why have you made it your personal mission to attack Flight here? What do you hope to gain by Flight's failure?
By integrity you mean that you know how much to post without being given a timeout?As for my personal interpretation of the data, yes and about 95% of posters everywhere. Just check out the Flight Facebook page...and no, I do not post anywhere else except in this forum. I would hope that the people who wrote the MS press release and the Flight lead would know what they are saying and probably know what the finished product will be.Why are your views different from everyone else who has a negative view? That is a good question that I am sure many of us would like to know. In the face of my list above, you can discount everything, because you know better.I am not attacking Flight.I don't see why you think that. I don't think Flight is what some people think it is. I have nothing to gain from Flight's failure, but I fail to see what I gain from Flight's success.So, if you want to have a conversation about Flight's known features, let's have it. If all you can say is that you know better, but can't say, then don't jump on my posts. I know you are in the beta, you know better, but it does not help the conversation.

By integrity you mean that you know how much to post without being given a timeout?
No. That was not what I meant at all. Some people here gave their word and that actually means something to them.
So, if you want to have a conversation about Flight's known features, let's have it. If all you can say is that you know better, but can't say, then don't jump on my posts. I know you are in the beta, you know better, but it does not help the conversation.
If you actually believe that I'm in the beta testing, than why are you discounting everything positive that I post about Flight?And you are attacking Flight. I know an attack when I see one. Otherwise, you would be willing to give Flight a chanceFor some reason, it is quite apparent to me that you are doing your best to fan the flames of Flight's failure ... before you have even tried it. Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

I'm going to give the vague statements of the few a listen, especially when they are beta testers, don't (I'm assuming) work for Microsoft, and have nothing personal to gain from going against the core view that Flight is going to be a dismal product.I've read Arwen's posts over the last couple of weeks, and she seems very intelligent and well read, and I would bet that she has looked at the file structure of Flight in addition to the overall product and likes what she sees. So I for one am going to be positive here and give her the benefit of the doubt that she has seen something in the product that holds promise. Things that I, as someone who hasn't tried the product, haven't seen. Why else would she make statements defending Flight? She knows that she will be lambasted if Flight turns out like the majority thinks it will.Come on people....this argument is getting um.... STALE. :(

Then I guess we have nothing to talk about. The facts that we have are worthless and the fact's the beta testers have cannot be discussed.So, what is the point of this forum?

Edited by Attila

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.