Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

JS41 - Come on PMDG we expect better!

Okay, had the JS41 a few days now, just done further testing.And all I can say is...Come on PMDG, play the game!On the runway at EGBB I saw 10 frames per second less than the NGX.I also have white flickering lines all around the PFD, GPWS switch and adjacent switches.I also got the texture coruption others have talked about. Huge triangles appearing.And not a single word from PMDG in regard to the service pack talked about so long ago.Sorry, but I'm quite disgusted and feel the product isn't worth the money I paid.No where near polished enough for a product that was released so long ago.I don't wish to upset anyone, but that's how i feel.

Edited by martin-w

I think they canned the SP for the J41. And as for the texture/white lines/triange things, if you read one of the first few pages of the tutorial it explains how to resolve that.I know everyone has their opinion, but it is a light version of what they normally do? Think on how the NGX (600-900) is around $100+ and the J41 is only $45...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

You mean the minimum resolution of 1280x1024 to avoid artifacts?It's in the introduction, not the tutorial.Yes, tried it, it was the first thing I tried. Didn't help.Doesn't matter if it's a "light" version, it should still have remaining issues resolved by a service pack.If it's true that the service pack has been canceled after being promised, I will ask for a refund.

So did you try running the "medium" VC. Apparently that is the fix. I spent 5 minutes searching that for you.Before you say that's unacceptable, that's the best you're going to get for now. If the lack of ice in the VC is a deal breaker, perhaps you should fly something else. Otherwise I agree, this issue should be addressed. I do however understand the nature of this sort of software, so realize it's hard to address an issue if the developer never experiences it.

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I also would expect some common courtesy on this, it's not like it hasn't been read by every PMDG employee. I would say though before creating all these new threads about it, it's better to keep it to one. You wouldn't hand in a petition one page at a time, would you? Not just that, but when you have many threads it will blow someones gasket and the only thing that ever comes of it is all of gets deleted, so in essence, more threads on the same topic goes against us, like peeing in the fan... Speaking of which.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

...I don't wish to upset anyone, but that's how i feel.
No, seriously, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel...

I've been flying her for a few weeks now, and loving every bit of it. I think she's a wonderful little bird, and worth every cent.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

I think she's worth every cent also. Not sure that has to do with what's being talked about. At least not with me it certainly isn't.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

So did you try running the "medium" VC. Apparently that is the fix. I spent 5 minutes searching that for you.Before you say that's unacceptable, that's the best you're going to get for now. If the lack of ice in the VC is a deal breaker, perhaps you should fly something else. Otherwise I agree, this issue should be addressed. I do however understand the nature of this sort of software, so realize it's hard to address an issue if the developer never experiences it.
Zach... thanks very much for your 5 minutes work.Yes, i am using the medium setting.Still the same issues in regard to the panel. As for mount Everest appearing through the cockpit window, it's a random occurrence each flight, I would have to test on a longer flight to check. that's the best you're going to get for nowThats the point though Zach, it's not the best for now, it's the best for all time if there will be no SP2.Hence we will be stuck with these issues, including the horrendously loud sound.

I also would expect some common courtesy on this, it's not like it hasn't been read by every PMDG employee. I would say though before creating all these new threads about it, it's better to keep it to one. You wouldn't hand in a petition one page at a time, would you? Not just that, but when you have many threads it will blow someones gasket and the only thing that ever comes of it is all of gets deleted, so in essence, more threads on the same topic goes against us, like peeing in the fan... Speaking of which.
True dan, as a moderator on another forum for many years I would agree.However, if a single topic is ignored by the developer, it encourages multiple topics to be created. When customers are ignored, they ask for a reply again, and again, and again. Customers gaskets get blown too, when they are repeatedly ignored.

...Sorry, but I'm quite disgusted and feel the product isn't worth the money I paid....
You have me wondering just what it is you were expecting for $44.95. All I can say is I would hate to be the waiter at any restaurant you chose to dine in. I can just imagine the conversation..."Waiter! This big mac does not contain the 14oz filet of Kobe beef and half dozen Galway oysters I was expecting, and this milkshake tastes nothing like a Château Pétrus 1961! I demand a refund!"P.S. go back and read the order form. No refunds.

Hence we will be stuck with these issues, including the horrendously loud sound. The garrett engines are known for being extremely loud I flew in a metroliner for a couple years which also had garrett engines, we had to wear earplugs under our headsets because of the engine noise.

You have me wondering just what it is you were expecting for $44.95. All I can say is I would hate to be the waiter at any restaurant you chose to dine in. I can just imagine the conversation..."Waiter! This big mac does not contain the 14oz filet of Kobe beef and half dozen Galway oysters I was expecting, and this milkshake tastes nothing like a Château Pétrus 1961! I demand a refund!"P.S. go back and read the order form. No refunds.
What I was expecting was a product that didn't have known issues with the VC, that forced users to use a high resolution, and thus suffer a reduction in performance.Which is of course a requiremnt that we don't learn about untill after the product is purchased. [Not that a higher resolution works for me, it doesn't]What I was expecting, was the absence of huge graphical anomolies appearing through the cockpit window.What I was expecting was properly balanced sound, or thereabouts.The cost of the product is irrelevant.You can expect limited features with a cheaper product, that's fine, understandable and perfectly acceptable, but not obvious and annoying graphical anomolies.
Hence we will be stuck with these issues, including the horrendously loud sound.The garrett engines are known for being extremely loud I flew in a metroliner for a couple years which also had garrett engines, we had to wear earplugs under our headsets because of the engine noise.
As stated previously in this thread...I am aware of that. But the pilots in the cockpit wear hearing protection, I don't. And I don't expect to have to wear ear plugs sitting in front of a PC monitor, and the rest of my family certainly wouldn't appreciate the din. Edited by martin-w

What I was expecting was a product that didn't have known issues with the VC, that forced users to use a high resolution, and thus suffer a reduction in performance.Which is of course a requiremnt that we don't learn about untill after the product is purchased. [Not that a higher resolution works for me, it doesn't]What I was expecting, was the absence of huge graphical anomolies appearing through the cockpit window.What I was expecting was properly balanced sound, or thereabouts.The cost of the product is irrelevant.You can expect limited features with a cheaper product, that's fine, understandable and perfectly acceptable, but not obvious and annoying graphical anomolies.As stated previously in this thread...I am aware of that. But the pilots in the cockpit wear hearing protection, I don't. And I don't expect to have to wear ear plugs sitting in front of a PC monitor, and the rest of my family certainly wouldn't appreciate the din.
I'm sure that you've considered they didn't "balance" the sounds for you specifically. They were created to offer a realistic sound suite. Either way, I surely hope you've also considered turning the engine volume down in FSX. :Doh:I've also given you the fix as it is now for the VC. You'll be missing icing effects... That's it. I understand what it's like to be irritated with a product, but your thread is mostly coming across (respectfully) as unrealistic and trollish. First it was the VC. Now it's the fact that the aircraft is too loud and your family doesn't appreciate it? Let's get a grip.You've been given the fix. You've been given a workaround for the sound. (lower the volume...) Let's move on. In the mean time, open a support ticket if you're miffed. Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules