Sign in to follow this  
NM5K

I bet it smells good inside..

Is ADF no longer fitted to all new 737NG's or is it a customer option?
Hey mate.I don't know. I can only speak of the aircraft in my employers fleet.CheersAsh Frew.

So how much fuel does Boeing provide during hand over, bet it's not full like when buying a new car, lol.

I think you're right Albert... but I think there's a service centre a couple of nautical miles down the airway and I heard that If you bring your Woolworths shopping docket and flash your company I.D at em', they'll discount your final by 4 cents a litre. Cheerin'!Ash Frew.

Does anyone know why N1 was engaged on the MCP during the climb with VNAV also engaged? I'm confused because on FCOM2 4.10.3 it states N1 is automatically engaged during VNAV climb, isn't it unnecessary for the MCP N1 button to be lit?Devin Mack
If you read Tabs' tutorial carefully, he actually states that when you the engines spooled up and stable at 40% N1, that is when you engage the N1 click-spot and the VNAV is also engaged. Or that is how I have been doing it very successfully, so it seems that SW were doing exactly what Tabs recommended in his tutorial.

If you read Tabs' tutorial carefully, he actually states that when you the engines spooled up and stable at 40% N1, that is when you engage the N1 click-spot and the VNAV is also engaged. Or that is how I have been doing it very successfully, so it seems that SW were doing exactly what Tabs recommended in his tutorial.
Thanks Rick but what about 6:35 in the video when the plane was passing through FL260, you can clearly see on the MCP N1 and VNAV illuminated together. I can't recreate that scenario in the sim at all.Devin Mack Edited by dracer33

So how much fuel does Boeing provide during hand over, bet it's not full like when buying a new car, lol.
hehe! i was wondering the same thing. at 6 minutes into the vid you can see the gauges quite clearly and it looks nearly full???!cheers,-andy crosbyedit: sweet vid btw, thanks NM5K Edited by spesimen

Thanks Rick but what about 6:35 in the video when the plane was passing through FL260, you can clearly see on the MCP N1 and VNAV illuminated together. I can't recreate that scenario in the sim at all.
I get N1 and VNAV working at the same time on every flight. If you can´t, you´re doing something wrong.

Thanks Rick but what about 6:35 in the video when the plane was passing through FL260, you can clearly see on the MCP N1 and VNAV illuminated together. I can't recreate that scenario in the sim at all.Devin Mack
I have not studied the entire video, TBH, but the N1 would command the speed irrespective of the VNAV until the FMC kicks in and then commands the VNAV speed. In the USA, the TL is 18k so there is a distinct possibility that the aircraft was being taken to 18k by the N1 and from there onto the 26k. I may be entirely wrong in my assessment, so I stand to be corrected by the RW skips we have here.

Boeing doesn't provide any fuel. You pay for the fuel they load.If the fuel is cheaper at Boeing than it would be at your home base, tankering might not be a bad idea.

Great video, thank you! And what a cool guy (in black polo), showing the outside of the plane and doing the cockpit interview. And talking about great: Thank you PMDG for your beautiful VC, to me it felt as if the interview was taken in my living room :-)!Herman Nienhuis.

Herman Nienhuis

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Anyone else notice the Flap 1 takeoff? I guess it was a ferry flight / super-light...not sure how common Flap 1 takeoff is in the 737, I know it is rare in the 767. I never saw the PF hit the TOGA buttons, maybe the camera missed that or they were setting takeoff power manually as a procedure?? Also noticed they are using Single Cue FD.Southwest....just a little different than the rest it seems.

Anyone else notice the # 9 on the 39000 FT, on the attitude selector is a diffrant kind of 9 than we have on our Southwest plane.Jay

Edited by jayjay122

Anyone else notice the Flap 1 takeoff? I guess it was a ferry flight / super-light...not sure how common Flap 1 takeoff is in the 737, I know it is rare in the 767. I never saw the PF hit the TOGA buttons, maybe the camera missed that or they were setting takeoff power manually as a procedure?? Also noticed they are using Single Cue FD.Southwest....just a little different than the rest it seems.
If you watch at about 5.42 you will see what appears to be the PF engageing TOGA. Its just before the "Takeoff thrust set" callout.

I get N1 and VNAV working at the same time on every flight. If you can´t, you´re doing something wrong.
Steffen can you please post a screenshot of that because I can't have both the N1 and VNAV lights lit on the MCP. For some reason I think I have to see it to believe it.Devin Mack

By the way everyone, this is what I'm talking and have a question about.Devin Mack