Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NM5K

I bet it smells good inside..

One for the Southwest fans.. Another new 700 is delivered..Note the "new" RNP capable layout, which includes VNAV,and the PFD-ND display layout.Before they converted the "classics" to RNP capable, theyused the EFIS-MAP layout, and had no VNAV. The VNAVbutton on the old ones just had a blank covering it up.So they are running VNAV now, but I believe they still handfly all landings using the HGS. Note that they still use theanalog backup instruments, which would mean it's fail passiveinstead of fail operational if they were to do an autoland.I bet the leather aroma slaps you in the face when youboard that thing. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zmuM3lTUYA

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Me too,Watching something like that just shows the extraordinary level PMDG went to with the NGX

Yep.. My Southwest planes use that exact same cockpit. So everything looks realfamiliar. :)

Me too,Watching something like that just shows the extraordinary level PMDG went to with the NGX
exactly !

Fantastic video---one of the very best. To have the Chief Pilot(and a very Senior Pilot) of an established airline in the USA seen at the controls, doing the pre-flight,etc, and then impart how he got to be in the best seat in any office, was superb.Thank you for sharing. A gem indeed.

Good video:)) Wish we could get that new smell on pc; guess pmdg can simulate it all!! :(

Great video! Thanks. I'm making myself a nice clean repaint with that registration as we speak!

QuestionWhen arriving at the gate, do you have the apu running, then close the engines then connect power?Or do you just shut the engines, and thats it. wait for the power?

QuestionWhen arriving at the gate, do you have the apu running, then close the engines then connect power?Or do you just shut the engines, and thats it. wait for the power?
I think APU is turned on after vacating the runway. That's at least how I handle that. And at the gate I connect the generators and the air bleed prior to engine shut down.

FS2Crew flowsheet for the landing is as the PF turns off the runway, he is told by the FO who as part of his flow turns on the APU that the APU is available, and then, as part of the After Landing Checklist, the PF will ask the FO to put the APU on the buses. That gives enough power until the engines are shut-down and the Ground Crew can connect external power, after which the APU is switched off, thus saving fuel.That is at least the way I understand it.

fantastic video! really good quality camera as well! i wonder if new airplane smell, smells anything like new car smell...... :(

Southwest's SOP is to shut down #2 after vacating the runway and leave #1 running until ground power is connected at the gate so that they don't have to run their APU. Same with AirTran. Delta, Continental (United,) and American all run their APU's.

Cool video. Thanks for the link!On a side note.... A personal question I have....Does the flight deck of a new 737 have a similar intoxicating smell like a new car, or a new C182 you're picking up from Wichita?

Brilliant - great post/vid. Shows the outstanding job PMDG have done modelling the deck.

Brilliant - great post/vid. Shows the outstanding job PMDG have done modelling the deck.
Whcih makes the whole point of posters in other threads not asking as to what PMDG's developement progam is, or when the 777 will be off the decks, and so forth. Let them take their time just as they have done with the 737NGX, because as has been expressed within this thread, by all accounts, they have done an absolute pearl of a job replicating everything as per the real-lfe aircraft seen in this video bar the Weather Radar which is beyond the FSX boundaries.

NICE!!!! Thanks for sharing, the channel also has a nice selection of cool stuff, worth a watch

Great vid, we need more high def stuff like that :( I noticed that the engine start switches were still on CONT even at about 29k ft?? I always turn mine off as part of the after take off flows, however, revisiting the checklists I can't find anything to say that you should? (Apart from in the tutorial, which I think is where I got if from originally) Are there any implications with leaving them at CONT for a whole flight? I know they should be at CONT for TO and Landing (and certain high precipitation situations?). Did the pilots here forget to switch them off or is it normal to leave them on so long?? (about 7:15 in the vid) and then switched off at cruise alt (about 8:15 in the vid)Cheers

Southwest's SOP is to shut down #2 after vacating the runway and leave #1 running until ground power is connected at the gate so that they don't have to run their APU. Same with AirTran. Delta, Continental (United,) and American all run their APU's.
I'm pretty sure SWA keeps the engines running until they reach the gate, and then shut down the #2 and wait for ground power before shutting down #1. SWA doesn't utilize single-engine taxi in normal cases, but they will shut down an engine if the crew anticipates a long ground delay for whatever reason.

If anyone is interested, I've done a repaint of this plane. It's available on Avsim.http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=165355fsx2012-01-2613-32-34-19.jpg