Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

ORBX Lancair v1.3 - Released

Sweet, wasn't expecting that! Can't wait to see new rain effects because the old ones were a bit rudimentary.Edit: Here is the installer's complete list of changes.List of changes- Corrected airport frequencies page of gns430's- Improved rain animation and optimized- Corrected ec100 click spots disappearing behind lighting polygons- Corrected radio popup click spots- Minor modeling optimization- Chronometer reset fixed- Sandel bearing pointers fixed- Orbx 430 standby frequency contrast fixed- Darker baffle rubber under engine cowling- Added Orbx ADF to RXP option.- Radio lighting adjusted- Added cabin lighting illumination effect- Adjusted CP popup for better readability- Added option in Control Panel to choose realistic Garmin or Arial GNS fonts- Minor grammatical improvement to the User Guide- Version number updated in FTX CentralNew features- Added cabin fog parameters ( cabin humidity greater than 50% will accumulate fog during raining conditions but engine power will dissipate it )- Added windscreen icing effect (only apparent during extreme structural ice)-Added the following 2D popups to Orbx loadout -GNS430s (Shift +2 or mouse click on LCD) -Bendix/STEC (Shift + 3 or mouse click on LCD) -SN3308 (Shift + 4 or mouse click on LCD)-Added the following 2D popups to RXP loadout -RXP pack -SN3308

Edited by Valcor

thanks got it

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Thanks for the HU. I wished I had more time to test the things like the new visual icing feature. A nice plane, once again got better.

Amazingly the Lancair got, from very nearly everyone, a 5 out of 5 in a poll on it's release. That is 'perfect'. :( Yet since, there has been 2 patches and a pop up GPS which was NEVER going to happen! Perhaps now it's worth 4.5 out of 5. :(

Edited by Ron Attwood

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I don't know if I just failed before 1.3, but when running two RXP units with just replacing the Orbx gauge entries, the thing works and looks much better now.I ran the empty panel preset before, which lead to the known flat VC radio stack and the 'other' night lighting. Now, the installation looks way better (fully 3D) and the lighting also works and fits into the picture. So at least for the folks running twin or single 430 RXP units, this may come in handy.The clickspots in the VC got a bit wonky in 1.2, not they are fine though. So the Sandel, GPS and the AP comes up as expected.I think I've liked the rain effects in 1.2 some more since now you have bigger raindrops and less. But this may have helped performance or something since they are stating about an optimization there. It still is a nice addition to a GA plane though, so big thumbs up of course. The icing seems to be done with static raindrops, which is nice.I've added a screenshot, if it helps. But I doubt the impression on a static picture fits to the one when the thing is moving. :( It's way better then. The bigger 'drops' are the ones on the windscreen, from the Lancair, the rest just is the FSX snow in front of the plane.rainoo.th.jpgrain2o.th.jpgHighly sophisticated test flight there. :(

Edited by CoolP

I think I've liked the rain effects in 1.2 some more since now you have bigger raindrops and less.
Bummer, I was hoping fixing those big raindrop effects was what they meant by "improved rain effects." IMO, these ones are way oversized. Oh well, still a great plane and you can toggle them off. I patched it yesterday and will take it up this weekend.

Is it only for me or the download cannot be completed due to an unkwnown error?? quits at about 80% and states that the download has been completed but the files are incomplete for installation... tried in 2 different computers ( even in OSX ) 

I would really much appreciate another download link from you guys. Thank you very much in advance!

Greetings

Give them a shout over at Orbx forum. That's the place to go.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.