What addon do you use?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. What addon do you use?

• ASE + REX
    • AS2012
    • AS2012 + REX
    • REX
    • Others

Hello!I need help ...Actually i have ASE and REX2.0 in FSX.I'm thinking to buy AS2012 and uninstall REX. What about? Is AS2012 better? Opinions please ....

Edited by jose88

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Hello!I need help ...Actually i have ASE and REX2.0 in FSX.I'm thinking to buy ASE2012 and uninstall REX. What about? Is ASE2012 better? Opinions please ....
Hi there im currently running Rex & ASE so i'm quite happy at the moment not sure what the new Essentials is going to bring so i'm holding off for any major revamp until that is the case.. Regards Steve

I have ASE, AS2012 and Rex.I use Rex for all my textures, except for all the cloud textures, which I use as2012 for and for weather generation. I also replace the cirrus_overcast03 file with the original from default FSX so I can get the indication of the low visibility back.JB

Edited by Buzz313th

Never heard of ASE2012.I only use AS2012 ;)
Hahaha sorry, my mistakeEnviado desde mi Galaxy Nexus usando Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Nothing payware, just HDEv2. Looking and working perfectly (At least from my point of view.).The reason I didn´t get such an addon till now is that I don´t wanna download 3+ GB. It´ll take hours. But maybe I´ll change my oppinion one day. AS2012 looks very compromising. :(

As2012 only for me I Love it other than the incorrect ATIS at Destination as far as eye candy i like it much better because the weather updates and loads with out the annoying Sky Flash i had using REX

As2012 only for me I Love it other than the incorrect ATIS at Destination as far as eye candyi like it much better because the weather updates and loads with out the annoying Sky Flash ihad using REX
The small sacrafice I made to get accurate atis, is to use the standard depiction mode. I don't get the low frame rate stuttering that bad, since I run AS2012 on a networked computer.Tried ASA,ASE, REX, FSMETEO and FSX Weather Injection and so far AS2012 in standard depiction mode is the most accurate generator I have used.JB

AS2012.I was previously a user of ASE + REX OD.AS does everything I need and loads textures faster then REX does.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

As2012 only for me I Love it other than the incorrect ATIS at Destination as far as eye candyi like it much better because the weather updates and loads with out the annoying Sky Flash ihad using REX
The Sky Flash was probably because you were using Standard Mode in ASE. When you use that it causes the sky to flash whenever ASE updates. Using Direct Weather Control eliminates this. Both ASE and AS2012 work best with DWC.

Forgot to mention I do get the sky flash. So another small sacrifice.;)Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB

AS2012 is the Bee's Knees. Thermals feel right in light GA aircraft and the NGX meshes well when using DWC mode. It's light, it's simple to use (though the graphics menu is clunky). Zach approves...

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules