Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

Best Freeware Airports?

Well about time you did Max, and then pat yourself on the back. :(
Great job you did.Ray
I installed Gran Canaria and it's brilliant. (Sim Giants?) Totally free pay ware ( if you know what I mean)
Howard, i just installed Gando and you are correct - it looks and feels like payware - great installer, big useful manual, lots of scenery there. I'm now off to see about the Project Canary memtioned a little further down the tread.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hey Ray, Tom, I'm going to check out the project Canaries too, sounds really cool!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

There is a lot of stuff on the net for Brazil sceneries Jose. If you search the net maybe you can find some. There are lots of hidden gems I discovered. Chille is available in its entirety (in photoreal) I think in the library here.Daniel
I've been waiting for the developer of Mega Rio for FSX to contact me, but it has been a year since we last communicated and the project doesn't seem to be finished. If someone knows how I can get a legit copy, please let me know.Thanks. Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Do they work well together with no patching of files?
Had no problems so far. I just put it below GCLP in the scenery library.
Hey Ray, Tom, I'm going to check out the project Canaries too, sounds really cool!
Have fun and happy landings!

In you scenery guys do you alway put the actual one you are flying on top and the destination 2nd or doesn't it matter? Cheers Wayne.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

No, I don't think so. I never touch the scenery library except when I'm installing new ones.

I've been waiting for the developer of Mega Rio for FSX to contact me, but it has been a year since we last communicated and the project doesn't seem to be finished. If someone knows how I can get a legit copy, please let me know.Thanks.
Hi Jose,I am planning on making some scnery projects. Maybe we can include Rio in my list?Daniel

Hi Jose,I am planning on making some scnery projects. Maybe we can include Rio in my list?Daniel
That would be fantastic!

Has anyone installed Project Canary successfully in FSX?It took 4 hours to download the installer. I ran the installer and installed folders into FSX, but there's no information on what goes where. If anyone has done it successfully, please share with care. Thanks!!!! :(

Has anyone installed Project Canary successfully in FSX?It took 4 hours to download the installer. I ran the installer and installed folders into FSX, but there's no information on what goes where. If anyone has done it successfully, please share with care. Thanks!!!! :(
Yes, agreed a long download time, and only for a small file too, but did not take me 3 hours,and have installed it without any hassles.Actually took off from there in the 737-800WL NGX. Superb airport. Thanks to whoever made the HU.

Hey Jose, it's been a long time since I installed that scenery, but check [FSX_DIR]canarysimreadme.pdf . I think I didn't run that xporter thing, just added the directories described on page 2 to my scenery library.Here's a screenshot of what my scenery library looks like:qyu3jr.pngNote that I put the Sim Giants GCLP above the Project Canaries entries. The Canaries scenery also includes GCLP, but it doesn't matter whether you disable it or not. I just noted a little better autogen and mesh around the airport when it was enabled.Hope that helps!

Yes, agreed a long download time, and only for a small file too, but did not take me 3 hours,and have installed it without any hassles.Actually took off from there in the 737-800WL NGX. Superb airport. Thanks to whoever made the HU.
Rick,Can you share where the folders go? It's not as easy as place in addon folder and activate in FSX. Thanks!
Hey Jose, it's been a long time since I installed that scenery, but check [FSX_DIR]canarysimreadme.pdf . I think I didn't run that xporter thing, just added the directories described on page 2 to my scenery library.Here's a screenshot of what my scenery library looks like:qyu3jr.pngNote that I put the Sim Giants GCLP above the Project Canaries entries. The Canaries scenery also includes GCLP, but it doesn't matter whether you disable it or not. I just noted a little better autogen and mesh around the airport when it was enabled.Hope that helps!
There are folders that go in other locations or combined. I will try again tomorrow morning.

Ola JoseFrom what I have been able to gather, this Project Canary has 3 files within the zipped file.One of the is the self-install for the Gando scenery or GCLP. The other 2 files are in the form of a D01 file extension for which I have no known software. But the self-installer file when executed does not place the folder it creates with the usual scenery sub-folders (which I'm sure you as an experienced scenery man who has given us so many HUs to new sceneries will know what they are made up of), in the usual place within FSX. Instead, it places it in the root. Rest is as per when adding a new scenery from within FSX. Just remember, it also has a Land Class folder.Now all I need is a piece of software to open those .D01 extensions...........

Try this Rick

1. Download and Install Windows d01 File Fixer.
  2. Click 'Start Scan' button to initialize the d01 file analysis.
  3. Click 'Fix Now' button to fix and open your d01 file.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Julian, there is only one word for you----ACE!!Muchos Gracias.