Sign in to follow this  
philipe

AI weird behaviour on ground

Just wanted to say that I am really enjoying VOX ATC - ease of set up, immersion and general handling of AI once in air. However, I have noticed a few issues on the ground and wondered if these were normal and whether other users get them as follows:1. If I get too close to another aircraft when taxiing it often vanishes completely (I assume this happens to other users?); and2. I also get some of the AI on the ground getting lost i.e. the odd aircraft wanders off the taxipaths. This may be an AFCAD issue and I have only really noticed this at add on airports (this is where i tend to fly through) but I have removed the duplicate AFCAD from the Mytraffic folder (using the freeware scruffy duck tool). Does anyone else get this issue/are there other AFCADS I need to delete?Thanks in advance - for information I use FSX with Mytraffic 5.4 for aircraft.

on point #1 - same thing happens to me so you are not alone - I'd also like to know if this will be fixed?Never seen #2 happen to me.

the only thing I some times get is the AI plane lines up and waits but never gets clearance to take off...it is just stuck there.I just go in front of him on the RW and then ask Vox clearance to take off, it always works for me.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Thanks for your replies. I have also noticed aircraft getting stuck at end of runways and not taking off but mainly while watching from top down view to check AI is following the taxiways etc.

As for point number 1, I think that is something the developer added to prevent AI aircraft crashing into your plane and causing FSX to end, even if you had 'AI collisions' allowed.Point 2 sounds like there are multiple AFCADs present.Chris

One of the slightly annoying things I see with AI traffic (and I use UT2) is landing planes areWAY OFF, I mean they're coming in nearly at ground level, or touching down before therunway threshold, its bizarre! Another one is often planes are generated at strange locationsin the airport.Even so the traffic load seems to be handled better by VOX than the builtin ATC, and I reallylove the lighted taxi path to and from the runway, just that makes me overlook the quirks.Still, one day I would love to see an ATC package that I don't end up having to kill part waythru a flight due to some obnoxious stupidity or other :)

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

The one thing about Vox is that if you run into a problem in mid flight, you can disable then restart it and it should pick you back up at the place you're at. Did that sentence make any sense? :/

NAX669.png

I have the same issue with some aircraft landing well short of the threshold however I can live with that.One mildly annoying problem I've found recently is starting up, listening to the ATIS, getting the rw in use, getting taxi instructions to it, heading off down the taxiways only to find some ai airliner heading the opposite way towards me down the taxiway intent on using the opposite rw blum.gif Even if you avoid them you end up getting clearance to take off in the face of them coming the other way at you! This might be just me but another one I seem to be encountering is ATC not getting a first transmission, or at least not replying to it. When I repeat the call, I then get a response straight away, but that sometimes leads to multiple threads where two different controller voices (on the same frequency) try to direct me at the same time. Amusing at first, like yesterday when I tried a MATZ penetration at Shawbury and the 'two' controllers fought over themselves to get me to make the TRPACER call over and over again! Nothing I could do other than disable vox and start again. Anyone else had a similar problem at all?Cheerskevin

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I think Vox ATC is great and adds greatly to the Sim experience but it would be even better if the Al Aircraft could be more reliable. The other day i was getting ready for take off from Coffs Harbour and to my left an Aircraft was doing cartwheels down the taxi way. There is some bizarre behaviour on those taxiways sometimes. I've also witnessed Traffic taking short cuts across grass to get to the active.I do think if the developer could sort the Al issue, Vox ATC would be hard to beat as there will always be the odd issue here and there with software and sometimes ATC not responding correctly (if at all) due to user fault.

Kind Regards

Simon.

The one thing about Vox is that if you run into a problem in mid flight, you can disable then restart it and it should pick you back up at the place you're at. Did that sentence make any sense? :/
I use this every now and then.

Joel Strikovsky

Yep Vox v6 is great, far better than default FSX atc, but it does have its quirks from time to time :) Does anyone know if it supports VRPs? I keep on being told to join the circuit overhead at EGGP which is a total no no in rl....K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I disabled "Holding" on Vox, so I don't get that.

Joel Strikovsky

I noticed long ago that VOX doesn't seem to understand that 10R is the SAME as 28Land so on :( So while giving clear for takeoff on one, it might be allowing some otherplane to cross the runway. As a programmer this doesn't seem to me to be that hardto prevent, but oh well :Peace:If you don't have the traffic turned off in FSX core you see more weirdness I believe, byturning both that and UT2 completely off issues seem fewer. VOX itself seems to bepretty good about what types of aircraft it creates anyway.

it's not a Vox issue, it's your Airport AFCAD that was designed badly.Vox reads the AFCAD and execute the RW in use based on weather and your Airport AFCAD details.

Joel Strikovsky

Ah, interesting, don't know much about the data structure of an afcadand accessing it. Seems clear most of them are too simplistic though.Guess I should invest in more payway airports (which I would assumefix things?) but just haven't until now.