Sign in to follow this  
mr340

Why Do You Love FSX ?

You guys imagine if they bring out SP3 For FSX in Which they would allow Directx11 100% full in FSX. But i can't say that will happen. All we can do is hope an say maybe they will . Because right now they say Directx10 can work for fsx but it is just a preview mode an it doesn't work for all aircraft dow. Imagine if the bring out directx11 would be full not preview.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

maybe soon you never know :(

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

I love flight sim because, as said before by another user, being a licensed pilot, its way too expensive to continue on flying IRL, especially with a child/mortgage/motorcycle payment/truck, car payment etc. etc. so in a nutshell fs fills a void, and does a great job at it.I would MUCH perfer to fly IRL again, but it is just not going to happen unless the lotto comes my way, its just no justifiable for me to spend 500$+ for a few hours a month to fly only to stay "proficient" at best.When it comes to FS, I can purchase say an add-on aircraft, and use it over and over again without any added cost, except of course hydro, which in itself is starting to get super expensive LOL

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

The other day I was landing the Captainsim 727 at JFK Rwy 31L just around sunset with real weather. It looked AMAZING with Manhattan behind the airfield. Even my wife was like "WOW!" when she saw it. Then I showed her how you can walk back into the cabin and take a window seat and watch the landing as a passenger would. She was impressed.

David Norman Paul

I love FSX because of the variety. I can fly (currently ~40 different in my collection) GA in and out of large airports with commercial traffic, but then I get to hop from small strip to small strip in PNW, or in the Rockies (KDEN to KASE) or around the Eiffel Tower, or in Sitka, Alaska, or Cuba or....you get my point. THE EXPLORATION FACTOR.Then I can fly a jet or a historical airliner (DC-3, Constellation,md-82/87, 707,727, 737,747,757,767,a319 , a320, a330 a340) in one of my favorite modern liveries (United, Singapore Airlines, Southwest etc) or a historical livery (TWA, Ozark, Delta, Continental etc) and recreate modern flights or those from decades long gone.And, I get to do it with amazing scenery from UTX,GEX,FTX,FlyTampa,Aerosoft,TileProxy, REX or AS2012. And then there are amazing utilities like FS Commander, G-Plan, GFX, Radar Contact, Ideal Flight, etc etc... The possibilities are endless....largely because this is not just a software product but a simulation platform.

You guys imagine if they bring out SP3 For FSX in Which they would allow Directx11 100% full in FSX. But i can't say that will happen. All we can do is hope an say maybe they will . Because right now they say Directx10 can work for fsx but it is just a preview mode an it doesn't work for all aircraft dow. Imagine if the bring out directx11 would be full not preview.
FSX SP3 = P3D:http://www.prepar3d.com/You can use it for about $10/month or pay 500 bucks to get it for good. I don't use it myself...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

FSX SP3 = P3D:http://www.prepar3d.com/You can use it for about $10/month or pay 500 bucks to get it for good. I don't use it myself...
Not yet. I've been using it for a month now and see no significant improvements in terms of graphics and performance. The P3D v2 which might become the FSX SP3 equivalent is still in development and will be for some time.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

NGX, Orbx and FSDT are whay I love FSX. Oh yea, the A2A Cub too!Rob

Orbx, A2A and Carenado, but I have never thought of it as a 'game' for some reason!Frog

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

There's just too much to detail about why I absolutely love FSX and simulation flying. Everything's that been said is a start, but the anticipation of relaxing, opening a flight, picking from so many machines that all have their individual flying characteristics, and going anywhere in the world is a "high" that is incomparable. Wherever I REALLY travel in this world, I have either been there in FSX or will go there when I return.When my Wife and I have traveled to Italy, South Africa, Ireland, London, Hong Kong ( and the infamous Checkerboard approach), Japan and Alaska....I seem very well informed....thanks to Microsofts' FSX (and all the sims that came before it). If I read about any flights in the paper, or hear of flights that have gone wrong, I feel that I must re-trace that flight. I still remember the flight of JFK Junior, and his late take off from Essex County, N.J., and his attempt to land in Martha's Vineyard LATER than he had planned. Such an unfortunate incident, but totally able to be re-flown with the EXACT weather in FSX. Things become clearer and understandable.Now, my absolute favorite flying involves ORBX and the Pacific Northwest and Rockies area. How can I possibly describe the experience. I can't...you have to experience it for yourself.I can't imagine missing the enjoyable hours upon hours that I've flown this simulation. It is NOT a game; it is as real as it gets....and it's only getting better.Stan

Edited by spilok

For all the reasons already mentioned, but one over-riding one.... the people I have met and the friends I have made through this hobby. There is simply no substitute for flying with a group of people you would never have met, from all parts of the world, and sharing your experiances with them.

Jay