Sign in to follow this  
shortspecialbus

Are you sure about that?

I'm having the same problem with the windows heat :s You are not alone :)

I had this problem this evening. Numerous checklist calls were declared "are you sure about that?" even though they were set. Also in the same flight when saying to the FO "set altitude one five thousand" the altitude display on the mcp would just keep going up past what I'd asked. Same with heading too.

Gavin Price

I had this problem this evening. Numerous checklist calls were declared "are you sure about that?" even though they were set.Also in the same flight when saying to the FO "set altitude one five thousand" the altitude display on the mcp would just keep going up past what I'd asked. Same with heading too.
Guys,This appears to be the solution to most of the issues.... make sure this is set in your FSX Settings Menu.. 2D cockpit must be enabled by default!Also, for speech, if you get a "runaway" with the autopilot phrase, use the voice command "CANCEL LAST COMMAND" to stop it.Double check with the Green Bar that your speech system heard you properly.2d.JPG

Does the plane have to be loaded into the sim in the 2D view? As well does the default plane have to be loaded into the sim and then once at your departure airport change to ngx?Or does just this 2D box need to be checked with a default plane in the free flight screen when fsx loads and you can then select the ngx with the vc?

Eric 

Does the plane have to be loaded into the sim in the 2D view? As well does the default plane have to be loaded into the sim and then once at your departure airport change to ngx?Or does just this 2D box need to be checked with a default plane in the free flight screen when fsx loads and you can then select the ngx with the vc?
Eric,Yes, the plane have to be loaded into the sim in the 2D view

Eric,Does the plane have to be loaded into the sim in the 2D view
That is what I asked, does it? And which one, default or ngx?

Eric 

Guys,Please check the box as shown in the screen shot.That will load all FSX aircraft by default into the 2D cockpit.Loading directly into a VC can cause issues with other aircraft and addons, not just the NGX and FS2Crew.

Enabled 2D view, did not solve the clickspot issue.Sadly I do not have time to test the FO problem since I am off to work.

That is what I asked, does it? And which one, default or ngx?
Yes, the plane has to be loaded into the sim in the 2D view.Just select this option in FSX.2d.JPG

Hi Bryan,SP1c, yes. External hardware I have quite a bit, although most of it is disabled via various means. I have the Saitek Switch Panel, but I'm not starting SPAD so it shouldn't be seen (and in fact doesn't seem to do anything without SPAD running.) I also have the Saitek Radio (same deal with SPAD,) Saitek TPM (configured through FSUIPC and nothing enabled for the NGX,) CH Throttle Quadrant (spoiler set through FSUIPC, Throttles set through FSX itself due to weird issues with FSUIPC and the NGX throttles.) Also a CH Yoke and Pedals, configured with FSUPIC.The switches in the cockpit are in the correct position.-stefan
Hi Stefan,I can not over emphasize the need to cycle your hardware controls before your start your FO (Run PF). I have numerous external hardware components across several client servers and I was experiencing the "Are you sure about that?" on occassion during beta. I found cycling all my key hardware at least once before launching the FS2Crew FO eliminated all of those negative responses from the FO. (Well unless I actually did not correctly set something, LOL). The cycling of your fuel levers and running up your throttles, reversers, spoilers and making sure they are in the correct detent was my solution as a heavy hardware user (frustrated home cockpit builder) to eliminate my issues. Easy peasy . . . just make sure your hardware switch/throttle/reverser setting match that which you see in the sim. :Smug:JoeGood luck . . .

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Hi Joe,Thanks for the tip! I've actually been unable to reproduce the problem at all. And, as mentioned before, all of the saitek hardware is effectively completely disabled by not running SPAD. If you're not familiar with SPAD, it's a replacement for the saitek drivers which makes the hardware much more programmable. If SPAD isn't running, the hardware isn't running at all either because no drivers are loaded. SPAD works in place of the saitek drivers, not with them, so it's really the same as not being hooked up. I still suspect that in my case it had to do with poor timing on a fs2crew pause.-stefan

Hey guys, I might have made some progress on this one. I found that having the NGX as the default flight airplane seems to cause this. Also I had this happen once when not starting 'fresh' withFSX, but starting with an aborted flight. Not sure if this will help any of you...Regards,George