Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

Captain sim 737-200 Base pack has been released

Yup, that may be the case, but ISG's stuff is not merely autopilots as I'm sure you are aware, there are replacement gauges, PFDs and the like, which may have to be pop ups, but they would at least let you have a stab at flying a JT engined 737 with a more modern PFD, although of course you could simply do that with a gauge from something else. Nevertheless, I'm also thinking along the lines of doing maybe a 2D panel with the layout similar to the Advanced Cockpit.Al
True, for the visual cues. But not realistic I fear, as even in one of the 'pimped' 737-200s, the FMC and it's Nav command (whether derived from GPS, INS, IRS, etc) would still be slaved to the autopilot. But I hear what you're saying; it may still be good to get some FMCs into the 732, even if you'd have to manually control HDG to follow the Nav course. It is a shame that the CS 737 is using a custom AP is these respects; I can understand when PMDG do it, because they have to provide things like VNAV and FL CH, for which the FSX autopilot has absolutely no provision .............. but the CS 732 autopilot uses both lateral and vertical modes that are provided by the FSX autopilot, so I'm not sure why they've made their own ......... There will of course be a reason; quite possibly the CWS pitch mode, used for climb/descent, which I have to say works flawlessly in the CS 737, even now just at Version 0.6. :(

If there is an SDK for it, then it would be possible. This is one of the problems Multi Crew Experience sometimes runs into with its co-pilot add-on, whereby if any add-on aircraft is not using the default FS stuff, you can't verbally tell your virtual co-pilot to set a control. MCE's devs have got around it with some add-ons that have SDKs (the PMDG 747 is one I seem to recall), as indeed has FS2Crew with many FS add-ons, but it doesn't always happen. It is one of those occasions where the simpler FS add-ons actually prove to be more flexible for those who like to tinker about with stuff.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

CS didn't "get me to pay" for anything. I'm capable of making an intelligent decision to buy or not buy whatever I please. I'm baffled by how some fail to grasp the concept of free market, and disturbed by those who object to it.Very simply, CS basically says if you're confident this will be a quality addon when finished, and if you'd like a discount on the finished product, we offer our beta for your enjoyment and your feedback.
I am in no way opposed or object to free market. That's why I think it's more of a brilliant move by CS as there are people like you out there.Just as you can make an intelligent decision to buy or not to buy, I've made an intelligent decision based on products of theirs that I own, their reputation with past releases, that I do not wish to pay to be a beta tester for them.I sincerely hope you enjoy the product/testing. Hopefully it'll turn out to be a stellar finished product! Then I'll buy it.

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

Don't forget the 25% discount for . . . . people like me. :(

I've been thinking more about the awfully awkward poor function of the Heading Knob at present.....Ok, so CS are never going to give us the key assignments, so instead, let's have working mouse wheel (up/down, at a faster speed than present), and how about they add a 2D panel for controlling the Heading knob. (the aircraft has a number of them, eg for the A/P etc.... but as the Heading Knob is nowhere near the main AP unit on the MCP on this aircraft, there's no 2D for the Heading +/-)...... that would make the plane a lot more usable, as you could pop up the 2D and use your mousewheel to make more intuitive Heading changes. :(

What possible reason could CS have for not making switches and knobs mouse wheel functional?Insanity? Spite? I mean what else could it be? I find it so outrageously illogical.I think a petition is in order.

I am in no way opposed or object to free market. That's why I think it's more of a brilliant move by CS as there are people like you out there.Just as you can make an intelligent decision to buy or not to buy, I've made an intelligent decision based on products of theirs that I own, their reputation with past releases, that I do not wish to pay to be a beta tester for them.I sincerely hope you enjoy the product/testing. Hopefully it'll turn out to be a stellar finished product! Then I'll buy it.
It could go either way at this point.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

However, this current "beta" scheme is either comically lazy, or deceptively brilliant (I can't figure out which).
Same thinking here, at first. But that progress speed currently biases it towards the 'brilliant' side. However, I'll surely enter the game when 1.0 is there, which may be soon thanks to the work of all the testers.
It is a shame that the CS 737 is using a custom AP is these respects
I wonder about the reason too. I'd love to e.g. put in the Civa INS, so maybe they offer a compatible mode of some kind. The Simcheck A300 had a similar problem in the first versions and later added the option to drive the HDG bug externally, so Civa finally worked. The 707 introduced that Doppler/INS switch for this I think.However, when it just comes to the values to drive the custom HDG bug, maybe LINDA can help. You can monitor all the FSUIPC offsets and things with the tools included and there should be some command for the HDG change. True, a default FSX command would be easier of course, but LINDA is powerful and free.
I've been thinking more about the awfully awkward poor function of the Heading Knob at present.....Ok, so CS are never going to give us the key assignments, so instead, let's have working mouse wheel (up/down, at a faster speed than present), and how about they add a 2D panel for controlling the Heading knob.
The HDG bug knob is right in front of you. I don't know about the speed of the movement yet, but I have no problem operating it in the maybe similar behaving 707. Is it much different in the 737?And are the FO's instruments independent by the way? Asking because the coupled CDI readings are a downside on the 727 for me. I'd love to have independent instruments on both sides.

The HDG bug knob is right in front of you. I don't know about the speed of the movement yet, but I have no problem operating it in the maybe similar behaving 707. Is it much different in the 737?And are the FO's instruments independent by the way? Asking because the coupled CDI readings are a downside on the 727 for me. I'd love to have independent instruments on both sides.
It's not quite right in front of you, with your POV set for the correct pilot view over the glareshield. (It's not the same as the 707, it feels like you are closer to the glareshield, which feels right, but makes the HSI a little harder to access with the current lack of mousewheel support and horribly slow moving heading bug)......... Also, TrackIR my friend! ............I am almost sure the CDI's are not independent on this one either.

I just upgraded to .6 and I am quite happy with my purchase. Granted, I am no systems flyer and I purchase based on what's available at time of purchase. Not what is coming down the road... to me that is all vaporware despite all the good intentions. So if there are no more updates, I could be content. Granted, I have't tried the AP with my GoFlight MCP. But now I have a nice little "baby Boeing" for short hops. Also got my 731 upgraded too. Just need to break out the manual - come to think of it, is there a manual? Need to check the website. So can anyone tell me what that loud "bong-bong-bong" warning I seem to keep causing in flight? Is it some proximity warning or something? Hence why I need to find the manual.Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Granted, I have't tried the AP with my GoFlight MCP.
The AP is 100% not going to work with the your GoFlight :( ...it's a 100% custom internalized A/P that doesn't use FSX autopilot logic or key assignment bindings.I'm afraid for now at least (and probably permanently), you fly this bird entirely with the mouse. :(

Well that could be a small bummer. :(

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU

Gents,Thank you for your comments. Some of your concerns are already on the TO DO list. The best place to report the issues is this: http://www.captainsi...?board=737step2

But that progress speed currently biases it towards the 'brilliant' side.
The progress speed is probably because of the fact we work day and night to make the 1.0 that will please all fans of the 737 original series :)

So can anyone tell me what that loud "bong-bong-bong" warning I seem to keep causing in flight? Is it some proximity warning or something? Hence why I need to find the manual.
Check the packs are ON, I had the same thing and they were defaulted OFF

Jay

Thx, PIC007. Need to find that manual...