Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

Captain sim 737-200 Base pack has been released

Oh, a big and resounding YES!This is very simple thinking on Captain Sim's part; "JF have released now, and there is some cash floating around, and it would be nice to have some of that huh?"I hate this CS way of doing business; imagine awaiting a new car and being told "good news the chassis is ready but there is no engine or wheels yet .... but would you like to pay for the chassis now, and just keep it in your garage?".To be honest I thought the 727, 757 and 767 was a pretty, but unispiring addons, with poor sound and even poorer, unconvincing FDE ........ and this 'experimental' release just pushes me straight to MilViz's door.............
Yup. And I've purchased this thing. It's empty, terrible, and un-finished. Yes, I was warned. No, I'm still not happy. The VC does look nice, though.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Ok I bought the Cs737 and I think it's beautiful.Of course it's got some bugs but that I knew of.Support has been very responsive.I'm happy.
Are they paying you to say that? Please tell me you are at least getting a discount.

Well, I wouldn't purchase a product until it is 100% complete. I only have one CS aircraft (the 707-300), and it is awesome. Fantastic 3D model, great sound effects, superb flight characteristics, a detailed cabin (if you are interested in stuff like that), and probably the highest quality VC that I have ever seen.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If you buy an Exterior Model from Captain Sim, e.g. B-52 BUFF Exterior, when the B-52 Driver was released, to get your 9.99 Euro discount, you needed to purchase the B-52 Driver Upgrade.Although the Upgrade version has everything that the B-52 Driver has, you need to have the B-52 BUFF Exterior Model installed to be able to install the B-52 Driver Upgrade. This applies to every time you want to install the B-52 Driver.This following is from the page where you select to buy the 737-200 Base Pack upgrade:

The upgrade is applicable only to previously purchased the 737-100 Exterior Model version 0.1 or 0.2 (before 06MAR2012) or 737-200 Exterior Model 0.3 (after 06MAR2012).In both cases file name must be csx730_0X00.exePlease make sure the csx730_0X00.exe is installed on you computer before the Base Pack Upgrade installation. Otherwise you will not be able to install the Base Pack Upgrade.
I think that last line, that I underlined, in the quote, should be in BOLD print so that it stands out much better so people don't discard required files.I don't think that Captain Sim quite understand the complications they have caused by switching from the 737-100 as the Base Pack to the 737-200 as the Base Pack. In my opinion, Todd has a valid point about having purchased the 737-100 (which he never wanted and now no longer needs) because he had to, just so that he could use the 737-200. How many others are in that position?For me this isn't a problem because I wanted and bought both the 737-100 and 737-200. And I always keep a backup of every downloaded file from the time of purchase onwards. I have them all backed up on CDs or DVDs. Just in case I might need them.Mark

I don't think that Captain Sim quite understand the complications they have caused by switching from the 737-100 as the Base Pack to the 737-200 as the Base Pack. In my opinion, Todd has a valid point about having purchased the 737-100 (which he never wanted and now no longer needs) because he had to, just so that he could use the 737-200. How many others are in that position?
So the moral of the story is: Don't buy unfinished products. I for one have been burned doing this. Regardless of that knowledge I possess, I went against my better judgement and purchased the CS737 Base pack. Now I've got a -200 collecting dust.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

If you purchased a product which would apply a discount later on, why would you discard it.Ron

Ron Service

Hey Zack, little confused here. You said you just purchased the base pack. So what is included or what is missing? Reading the CS webpage says it comes with a flightdeck (does that mean a VC?), sounds, ... wait a minute. Just went back to the site this morning. So they have greyed out the sounds and the FDE. So for the base pack you get just the VC that's new? Seems like everything else was already the on the 9.99Euro model?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

So the moral of the story is: Don't buy unfinished products. I for one have been burned doing this. Regardless of that knowledge I possess, I went against my better judgement and purchased the CS737 Base pack. Now I've got a -200 collecting dust.
I'm flying the 737-200 Base Pack (Stage II) quite a lot and I'm providing feedback with issues. I'm hoping that this leads to a better product at Stage III. If doing that isn't for you, just wait until the finished product. That's what I would do if I didn't want to be involved in the Community Involvement Program.Those who bought the 737-200 (before 6th March 2012) had to buy the 737-100, because 737-200 Expansion Model was pretty useless without it. 737-100 Exterior Model required was there in black and white on the product page for the 737-200. This isn't the case after the 6th March 2012.Mark

Those who bought the 737-200 (before 6th March 2012) had to buy the 737-100, because 737-200 Expansion Model was pretty useless without it. 737-100 Exterior Model required was there in black and white on the product page for the 737-200. This isn't the case after the 6th March 2012.
The problem is if you bought the 100 alone you would have paid 29.98 (9.99 (737-100) + 19.99 (Base pack with discount)) and you end up with both the 100 and 200. Now if you bought the 200 expansion at the time. you would end up paying 39.97 (9.99 (737-100 - required puchase) + 9.99 (737-200) + 19.99 (Base Pack with discount)) and still end up with the 100 and 200. So you're being penalized for buying the 200 external model early, that is replaced with the one in the base pack, and no longer needed.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I'm flying the 737-200 Base Pack (Stage II) quite a lot and I'm providing feedback with issues. I'm hoping that this leads to a better product at Stage III. If doing that isn't for you, just wait until the finished product. That's what I would do if I didn't want to be involved in the Community Involvement Program.
Right. Didn't I basically just say that I regretted the purchase because it wasn't for me?

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

The problem is if you bought the 100 alone you would have paid 29.98 (9.99 (737-100) + 19.99 (Base pack with discount)) and you end up with both the 100 and 200. Now if you bought the 200 expansion at the time. you would end up paying 39.97 (9.99 (737-100 - required puchase) + 9.99 (737-200) + 19.99 (Base Pack with discount)) and still end up with the 100 and 200. So you're being penalized for buying the 200 external model early, that is replaced with the one in the base pack, and no longer needed.
That is the problem that I brought to their attention. They replied with nothing but rudeness and began to delete any response I attempted to make after that. I have been debating this since it happened and have come to the conclusion that I am done with them.

Gents,Thank you all for the discussing our new product. Just a few comments to clarify:

Are they saying that those of us who purchased the 737-200 exterior before March 6th get no discount??? If I am misunderstanding something then all is well, but if I bought this exterior model for nothing....you have to be kidding! Can someone please clarify?
Our bad. All the confusion is because of the -100-200 model switch in the base pack on the 06MAR2012. Of course, everyone elegible will receive the 10 Euros discount. We ALWAYS honour the promises we made.To put it simple, if you got the csx730_0X00.exe - you got the discount. Sorry for the mess.
This is going to turn out to be a very expensive addon.....The base was €10The expansion is €30So €40...still no sounds, still no FDE...and the price is starting to entre NGX territory..
We are very sorry for the intruding into the holy "NGX territory", but the total is 30 (or 20 with the discount).Sounds (and other stuff) are coming as FREE updates.
But now they're doing "stage releases"?! First it was the block system... Then the external-only T7 and 73'. And now a "stage system".
Hitech is all about innovations. Thanks to the "block system" many people got the completed CS757 YEARS ago. After that our 727, 767, 707, B-52 have been released in STEPS, all completed. So what exactly is wrong with step by step releases please?
I'm tired of these guys....I bought their 777 month ago and still today not a single news on a VC release or progress.....
I've told you, people do want to see progress! :) But we go further, we give a chance not just to see the progress, but buy and use it before 1.0 release. 737 only for now.
How on earth is this disrespectful to it's customers? They are upfront about it and you have a choice! They could have you wait until the whole thing is finished, and you won't see anything until it's done (Step III). You still have that option, just wait. But if you want what they have now, you can do that also. This gives the customer more options not less.
Thank you very much!
I think I may have the right file installed, but it is sort of confusing. I am not sure why they have chosen to present the information on their website in this manner.
What wording would you recommend please? I'd happy to update the web site info to make it 100% clear.
So for the base pack you get just the VC that's new?
With all due respect "just the VC" is a thousands of hard working hours of highly qualified designers, programmers and backoffice.
Right. Didn't I basically just say that I regretted the purchase because it wasn't for me?
Zach,no problem, if the STEP II condition doesn't fit your needs, please contact our support and we'll give you a refund. Next time please read the product description carefully. See you after the 1.0 release :)

Gents,Thank you all for the discussing our new product. Just a few comments to clarify:Our bad. All the confusion is because of the -100-200 model switch in the base pack on the 06MAR2012. Of course, everyone elegible will receive the 10 Euros discount. We ALWAYS honour the promises we made.To put it simple, if you got the csx730_0X00.exe - you got the discount. Sorry for the mess.We are very sorry for the intruding into the holy "NGX territory", but the total is 30 (or 20 with the discount).Sounds (and other stuff) are coming as FREE updates. Hitech is all about innovations. Thanks to the "block system" many people got the completed CS757 YEARS ago. After that our 727, 767, 707, B-52 have been released in STEPS, all completed. So what exactly is wrong with step by step releases please?I've told you, people do want to see progress! :) But we go further, we give a chance not just to see the progress, but buy and use it before 1.0 release. 737 only for now.Thank you very much!What wording would you recommend please? I'd happy to update the web site info to make it 100% clear.With all due respect "just the VC" is a thousands of hard working hours of highly qualified designers, programmers and backoffice.Zach,no problem, if the STEP II condition doesn't fit your needs, please contact our support and we'll give you a refund. Next time please read the product description carefully. See you after the 1.0 release :)
Thanks for your response, I am no longer confused. There were folks in this forum, such as myself, that were concerned that they would not receive a discount even though they pruchased the early texture packs. It appears per your response that this is not the case.Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Just to play devil's advocate here for a bit....I'm having trouble reconciling the following:

Sounds (and other stuff) are coming as FREE updates.
with the following text copied from http://www.captainsim.com/support/cip.html
No guarantees, as we all live in very fragile world. Step I release does not guarantee Step II release, and Step II release does not guarantee Step III release. All three releases are separate products with no promise or pre-payment. You pay for exactly what you get.Captain Sim has no record of any projects dropped after Step I release, but we want to be 100% honest saying that everything is possible. Even if we will drop a project at any Step there will be no refunds.
You're asking people to, shall we say "invest" in your product but at the same time admit you may decide not to complete it in which case there will be no refunds. That is the problem some people have with the concept of releasing a product in "blocks", "stages" or whatever you want to call them. I understand you wish to do this to keep the revenue flowing in whilst you are completing the development.However, I think the more sensible among us will prefer to wait until your product is complete and functioning as advertised before we had over our credit card number.