Sign in to follow this  

Don't get this

http://www.fs2000.or...flight-on-final

Everything it offers you can get for free elsewhere (like on Avsim) or is utterly useless. I am surprised Microsoft allows stuff like this to be SOLD by a third party...! What's the fun of being lined up with an Aerocache...? Who wants to pay to see the 'Delta' (also known as UFO) fly...? 'Scenic adventures'...? Probably simple savegames above point of interest. I like our own Freeware Adventures a lot more then: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/369585-user-challenges/ :wink: And I already downloaded all aproach charts from Airnav...

Microsoft will buy that company sooner rather than later.

The simple fact to publish a 3rd party add on is outrageous to the core Flight philosophy and that company must be erased from the Earth surface before some others try to do the same shame.

Missiles are ready to be fired from Redmond secret bases and MS lawyers are already at work to study a plan B.

I agree. This "news" making it on the front page is a very sad day for Avsim.

Seriously?

" includes over 130 pre-saved flight situation" ?

Lining up your plane in the general direction of the aerocache along with hints, to help you advance your career as a pilot in Microsoft Flight?

So these folks have gone in, made notes on finding the aerocaches and completing missions, saved a bunch of flights in certain situations, and are going to package and sell it as their " First Expansion for Microsoft Flight"?

Am I understanding this correctly, and will folks actually buy this product?

Wow...

Mark - I don't think so. Think what an expensive precedent that would set. MS are more shrewd than that. It's not an addon, so it is not trying to break MS's control of its own product. They will just ignore it.

Instead of an addon - it's more an "alongside" :Thinking: .

Regards

Frank Jones

I might buy it, just for the approach plates and landing setups, why not, its almost free.

I might buy it, just for the approach plates and landing setups, why not, its almost free.

I also have a couple of old FSX saved flights still lying around on my hard disk. For $5 they could be yours. And for another $5 I will throw in some free FAA approach plates.

Interested? PM me!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that you may need to buy a few third party FSX addons to make full use of all the saved situations...

Has anyone noticed that the DELTA UFO looks just like the Press any key to continue pointer, also the Exit Game pointer? This not for me, been there done that.

<br />This "news" making it on the front page is a very sad day for AVSIM.<br />

Really? Tell us more. Why?

You are essentially giving publicity for some crap-ware made by people who are trying to ride piggy-back on Flight's success.

You have a news editor. Call me old fashioned, but my understanding of an editor's job is (among other things of course) to decide which news make it into the "paper" and which not. The release of this particular product should not be mentioned anywhere IMO.

This is just aerocache.com for a price, surely? As Jeroen says: the charts are all publicly available..If you have any good FSX builders (FSC; FSB; Aivlasoft EFB; FSK2etc etc) all the plates are in there anyway.

This is news, just not very good or interesting news (for most of us, anyway)..Anything to do with flight simming on the AVSIM page is news imo..One persons news is another persons fish and chips wrapper as they say here in Blighty :)

Just ignore it and it will go away (or not - by next week there'll be a host of copy-cat "addons" offering "walkthroughs" of Aerocaches :lol:)

J

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Just an opinion, but really, so what? If somebody wants to package all this and try to sell it, good for him, or rather good luck! If others don't want to buy the pack, good for them. If Avsim wants to include all news about our hobby on the Front Page, very good for them.

Does it really matter? The information is now out that all those charts are available for free to everybody. Is it worth getting upset? Is it really that important?

Best regards.

Luis

Just ignore it and it will go away (or not - by next week there'll be a host of copy-cat "addons" offering "walkthroughs" of Aerocaches :lol:)

That's excactly the problem. If other "developers" find out that you can get a plug here on Avsim for this kinda stuff, they might decide it'll be worth a try. They won't know before how successful their undertaking will be (or do you think fs2000 will remove the download from their site just because it doesn't sell well?).

And soon there will be stuff like this everywhere. And some people may actually spend their hard earned cash on it because they don't know any better.

EDIT:

And that offer for my saved FSX situations is still valid. Although I guess I'll have to lower my expectations regarding its market success now since no one seemed to care yet.

You are essentially giving publicity for some crap-ware made by people who are trying to ride piggy-back on Flight's success.

You have a news editor. Call me old fashioned, but my understanding of an editor's job is (among other things of course) to decide which news make it into the "paper" and which not. The release of this particular product should not be mentioned anywhere IMO.

AVSIM in the past has given publicity to what some would describe as "some crap-ware made by people who are trying to ride piggy-back onFS9/FSX's success."

The fact that this product has been released is news. It isn't the news editor's job to decide on the merits of a product or to suppress the facts.

And some people may actually spend their hard earned cash on it because they don't know any better.

If they don't know any better they need to read AVSIM LOL...Let them, Tom...worse things have happened..remember: a fool and his money are easily parted :)

And also, this is how the "rich ecosystem" that is the FSX addons market started; with a few "cr*p" addons..A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step..and don't start on the Flight is a closed-system thing...so was FSX until the SDK came out..

J

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg