Sign in to follow this  
V1VrV2

List of Outstanding Issues/Bugs?

Dave,

Your comments are most interesting on setting the minimum_on_ground_beta to a negative value. What value did you set it to be? Is what you are hearing then the rmpREV.wav file (true Beta sound) or are you getting that file mixed with the whine file + (the full reverse position sound)?

Any chance the Majestic Dash-8's independent sound engine gauge could be ported to the C90B?

Russ

Dave,

Your comments are most interesting on setting the minimum_on_ground_beta to a negative value. What value did you set it to be? Is what you are hearing then the rmpREV.wav file (true Beta sound) or are you getting that file mixed with the whine file + (the full reverse position sound)?

Any chance the Majestic Dash-8's independent sound engine gauge could be ported to the C90B?

I didn't change that value because I liked the more realistic ability to control taxi speed. There's no harm in playing with it if you like. If you make that value very low, you'll find that the RPM might suddenly jump on touchdown because the blade pitch changes from beta_min to to minimum_on_ground_beta. Any time the blade pitch is negative, you should hear the reverse sound and the turbine sound but no other prop sounds.

Re: Majestic's sounds... I wish!! :acute:

thanks Andy for the help for the weather radar,i will try and let you know

nice flights!

Pierre

I'll try it again, but the autopilot did not caputre the localizer when I used heading hold to intercept the approach course for ILS 17R at KSDF. I was able to arm both HDG and APPR, but the plane blew threw the localizer without so much as a twitch from the autopilot. Everything on the HSI and the EFIS looked correct and the autopilot annuniator indications showed the AP was operating.

Larryav8r - Did you get this resolved? i have the same problem with the A/P to capture ANY VLOC mode (with RXP 430 v1.6). The EHSI CDI indicates everything as it should but the A/P will blow right through the CRS selected. Hmm. Let me know what you have come up with.

Benjamin.

Benjamin Van Eps

Larryav8r - Did you get this resolved? i have the same problem with the A/P to capture ANY VLOC mode (with RXP 430 v1.6). The EHSI CDI indicates everything as it should but the A/P will blow right through the CRS selected.

Hi Benjamin,

I haven't tried a coupled approach since I made that post. I wasn't using the RXP 430 at the time, but I've since installed it along with the two C90 updates. I'll give it a go again tonight and let you know what happens.

Benjamin,

I tried a coupled approach at KCMI using the RXP 430. Autopilot captured the localizer and glideslope perfectly. Now, I haven't downloaded the lasted version of RXP yet. When I do, I'll try it again. If you haven't downloaded the C90 updates from Carenado, you should. I'm betting that's where the problem lies and not with RXP.

hello Andy 1975 and all pilots,

Just for info ive change in the fsx.cfg the value as you told me(12) but no results !! my weather radar is always so black !!! no clouds !!

it has work one time, i was surprise during the flight and stop again and black always...

thanks for the idea and help you gave me

i think its a bug .. no chance solution...

does it work for other pilots?

have nice week end

Pierre

I know this is out of sequence but is SP2 cumulative. If not I cannot locate SP1 to download. A link would be appreciated.

I know this is out of sequence but is SP2 cumulative. If not I cannot locate SP1 to download. A link would be appreciated.

It is cumulative, yes. I'm not aware of any location for downloading SP1/SP2 outside of the Carenado "my account" section on their website (which seems to presume you purchased through Carenado - not sure what you do if purchased elsewhere).

Reference link here

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

Pierre

I also am having problems with the WX radar.....it worked prior but now the entire screen is just black; all other parameters of the Avidyne seem to be working fine. It is dark both in VC and 2D.

cheers,

Gmac

Ground handling! I have the Caronado Baron it has great handling in the air and taxing. The C90 is very bad. Nearly unusable. I would bet just a tweak in the aircraft.cfg would fix this. texerrn

I would like to add an item but would ask that others verify. My flights in the C90B are longer in length than those I take in the A36 and C210. I like to dial in my flight planning, including time over distance and fuel burn. My flight planning tool is very accurate for my other aircraft and I have the C90B dialed in for speed, but I have been having issues dialing in the fuel burn for my flights in the C90B. Yesterday I may have noticed why. I flew from eastern Maryland to Chicago Midway and cruised at 26,000 for well over 2 1/2 hours. My CAS was in the low 150's with IAT of -27C and calculated TAS around 232 to 235. I have been adjusting my flight planning tool based of the values I read from the pop-up text when I pointed my mouse at the Fuel Flow gauges on the main panel. Since doing that I have noted I am burning more fuel than plan.

For yesterday's flight I was reading from the FF gauges in the neighborhood of 211 to 215 PPH at cruise. X2 that indicated an hourly burn of 422 to 430 PPH. When I took readings each 30 minutes apart from the Fuel Quantity gauges (pilot's left hand) I calculated from the readings that the fuel load was decreasing at the rate of more like 450 to 455 PPH. That's approx a 6% variance between the two indicators of fuel use. Overall yesterday I burned between 175 and 200 lbs more than plan. The variance at cruise was about half of that, so seems I am still struggling with climb and descent burns as well. Again, I have been working from the gauges.

Maybe my background with a virtual airline is haunting me a bit here. Does anyone else do realistic flight planning for their C90B flights? If so, what has been your experience? I use the flight planning (without filing of course) at fltplan.com and at AOPA.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Ground handling! I have the Caronado Baron it has great handling in the air and taxing. The C90 is very bad. Nearly unusable. I would bet just a tweak in the aircraft.cfg would fix this. texerrn

I find the C90 the easiest aircraft to taxi, just use the beta range to slow her down. It's a joke taxiing this thing with the "F2" and "F3" keys and "." for brakes.

David DD

I use pedals. I have numerous Caranado products all seem to taxi well. At least as well as any default or other payware. The C90 is a noticeable exception. It is hard to taxi. I like it overall. If the Baron can be manageable then the C90 should be as well. I have spend a lot of time in the King Air and this behavior is not even remotely realistic. The ground handling needs to be improved before I would recommend this product. texerrn