Sign in to follow this  
bliksimpie

Why carenado why ? please explain for once if you can

Well, let me add my 2c...

I think this has the potential to be a fantastic plane.. lets see what Carenado does in the Service Pack.

I have never liked their re-packaged FSX GPS, so the fact that I can have an RXP GNS430 working nicely

is good enough for me.

The fixes for some of the more obvious problems are already appearing in this forum, so we are on our way..

Yes, Carenado can be exasperating when products are released with obvious bugs, but we've been down this

road before, and I for one fly their airplanes a lot, and like quite a number of them.

Bert

Well I hope all of you have notified Carenado about the bugs you have found, so they can fix them... instead of simply whining and moaning about how horrible their products are in a public forum...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Well thanks for your inputs, sometimes it take a bit of other peoples view to see it more in perspective..

and as I said, all carenado product have been a pleasure to fly once it is over it's first round of fixes and absolutey YES this plane can be an outstanding plane end of the day. By no means I am saying I am not liking the plane, just a bit pee'ed of with the huge number of of small bugs.. I am in no way bashing a good plane, just the incompleteness of obvious stuff that should not have passed BETA.

So get it, it is going to outgrew is birth pains sooner then later (I hope because I can see potensial and a lot of it), whether carenado fix them or some other people here fix them.

Thanks Carenado for not including RXP Interagtion, I'll be sure NOT to buy any more of your Airplanes!!!!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

It does need work, I like alot of people have waited a wile for this and I do feel a little let down. It does have some good promis I hope they put the work in to sort out the issues raised ... but ... in the future I hope they spend a little more time in testing and evaluation. I would rather wait a month and get something which is more posished.

I think all developers are under so much pressure to get a product out either from their customers or their bank ballance. Things are changing, people want quality for their money and dont mind what its costs as long as it does what it says on the tin and works as good as it looks.

Rich

Guest Mik75

Hi there!

Since I have a day off from work today, and my further life isn't all too depending on the quality of a FSX addon, plus the fact that I had some 40 bucks to spend, I did it. Yesterday, after a lot of reading, I thought it would be better to stay away from the C90. But today I bought it. The lack of a beautiful King Air in FSX was the reason. What do I had to lose? I clearly was too obsessed by all the beautiful pics! ☺

And what can I say? I like it!!! I put in my RXP directly after the install (thanks to Bert!) and took her for a spin from Darrington to Seattle Tacoma over the stunning Orbx scenery. I am fully aware of the bugs that are present. But I am faithful that the forthcoming SP will take care of the most things. Yet, I cannot see a show stopper! But what I see and experience, is a wonderful atmosphere and the feeling of almost smelling the jet fuel. I love the Carenado Malibu, but this addon even takes it a little further. It is just my oppinion, and usually I am always looking for maximum realism. But the C90, combined with the RXP gauges over something like Orbxs PNW or Mailsofts Switzerland Professional, gives me total immersion!

I'll go back flying now!

Greets,

Michael

Actually I this was a certain buy for me [...] but concerning a turbine twin, I´ll stay with my RealAir...

Same here. I was keeping my fingers crossed for this release.

I said after the Baron that I wouldn't buy anything from Carenado until they got their act together with regard to testing and quality control...and then bought the Bush 185, Float 172 and 206 in their Christmas sale. D'oh!!! (I plead unmissable pricing combined with established i.e. patched models). I maintain a policy of Caveat Emptor with regard to new offerings, however, and I would give my right...well, a lot, for a decent King Air. But I'm not buying this, though. I can wait for the next sale.

Anyone who isn't happy with the Carenado attitude should, in my opinion, adopt a wait-and-see approach to future releases. If sales on release of new aircraft start to decline, maybe Carenado will get the message and take a less contemptuous attitude towards its customers. If everyone keeps ponying up their hard-earned as soon as something new is released, there will be no reason for Carenado to adjust its business model.

It's not that difficult. Pick good testers, give them good test scripts to work from, and maintain (and act on) a database of bugs that they find. Hell, even if there's genuinely no time to iron them all out before release, just include a list of known issues in a readme with an estimated date for patch release. That's a little more like customer service.

H

I love their stuff...works great for my usses!!! Looks damn real too :)

Simon

I'm waiting for the SP, and for once I've been able to hang back and wait. I've reached that point where no matter how pretty the screenshots, I won't buy before I'm confident that it works properly. Been burnt too many times by both Carenado and other manufacturers. I don't think I'm the only one who's fed up with this attitude in payware manufacturers.

Well, now that we all agree WE ARE the Beta Testing Team, can't we have our own badge (something like the VPA one above) with something like C90B Beta Tester,but without Carenado's name on it.

They have announced an SP coming out soon.

Well, now that we all agree WE ARE the Beta Testing Team, can't we have our own badge (something like the VPA one above) with something like C90B Beta Tester,but without Carenado's name on it.

+1

(10 CHAR)

Personally I don't think it is as bad as this post suggests. Actually, I am having a great time with it. I have to assume others are enjoying it as well since they are not posting how cool this aircraft is. Granted there are some items that need attention, just like every other addon I have ever downloaded (free or payware). I accept this as part of the flight sim experience. Carenado and some other developers care about their dedicated customer base. They have yet to leave me out to dry with a product that doesn't work. I look forward to the next offering from Carenado and will gladly continue to support their great products. As far as the customers being a beta tester... I would say the public always is when it comes to new products and services. Everyone has a different computer, settings and capabilities. It is this way with not just computer software...

Anyway... Way to go Carenado...

KJ