Sign in to follow this  
jwhitt78

Carenado Cirrus SR-22

bought it.I'm a little disappointed.I did not expect a full g1000 simulation but this g1000 is like the t182t. :(

Does it have any impact on the frame rates? the G1000 on the 182 lost me quite a bit of performance with fps...

Also how is the flight model?

Thanks for your feedback

Rgds, Shaun

I am over glass cockpits in FSX...never enough features, always bad performance.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Is anybody able to use the alphynumeric keys for entries like waypoints or even "direct-to" airports? For me this feature doesn't seem to work :-(

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

Just tested it. There is a noticeable FPS impact on par with the T182T testing with AU SP4 out of YSCH. CAPS is not modelled which is not necessary but neat to have, and if ESDG can model it why cant Carenado? Have not attempted to input flight plans but I'm assuming it can only be done using the default MSFS flight planner or something like Plan-G.

Are we sure of that?

Once I get home from school I will confirm this! Unless somebody beats me too it.

Is the FDE made by the FDE Guru Bernt Stolle?

Don't think so. He's back at Milviz working on their KingAir 300.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Is anybody able to use the alphynumeric keys for entries like waypoints or even "direct-to" airports? For me this feature doesn't seem to work :-(

It is quirky.. but it can be done.

If you have the field highlighted, you need to turn the inner FMS knob until the cursor changes

to the current character position. At that point, you can enter, using the keyboard.

Why so complicated.. I do not know.

Bert

Why so complicated.. I do not know.

Thanks for your help, Bert. Quirky is right, but indeed: it works :rolleyes: .

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

Does it have any impact on the frame rates? the G1000 on the 182 lost me quite a bit of performance with fps...

Yes.Strangely enough this plane is harder on the frames than all the pmdg planes I have here.

Once I get home from school I will confirm this! Unless somebody beats me too it.

Ok cool, and also does the PFD have that stepped gradient effect on the blue half like their 182 has? That kinda bothered me a smidge.

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Yes.Strangely enough this plane is harder on the frames than all the pmdg planes I have here.

As much as I'm a Carenado fan, after finding a similar performance issue with their King Air 200, I think I'm going to skip the Cirrus. Every other Carenado aircraft has been great on the framerates--not sure what's changed with their two most recent aircraft but it seems like a pattern. I am still waiting for the TBM 850--maybe that will be better on performance.

The exterior model looks outstanding, but Carenado is known for that.

Regards,

John

Here's my take so far on the Cirrus SR22 (Overall I like it and am pleased. Feel free to keep reading...), I've been waiting a long time, and I had EagleSoft...but returned it. It just didn't feel right to me, IMHO.

Outside and inside looks really good.

Attention to detail and click-able hot spots, is good also. Like for example the HVAC fan works :-)

So first I did a quick check out. Touch and go's, Slow flight, Stalls, and step turns.

• Slow flight - good.
  • Stalls (approach - power off) - not good...would not break.
  • Touch and Go's - passable, but front end seems a little light to me..very sensitive.
  • Step turns - again front end seems light, turbo lag (not too bad), you'll need to adjust for

Cross country flights. I'm on my Europe tour. Have about 6-7 hours on the hobbs meter:

• PDF and MFD might seem basic at first, but it's has a little more feature
    • What I like about them:
      • Checklist - that's a great feature
      • TAWS and TOPO
      • Engine mapping and Mixture assist (That's a great feature)
      • Have not tried to enter a flight plan directly but keypad does work for going direct.
      • Night lighting...very nice and you can adjust the brightness on the nav lights, from low/med/high - again very nice.

[*]What I do not like or does not seem to work:

• Garmin has the inner and outer knobs and on the SR22 it's really hard to figure out which is which. Hot spots seems to differ between controls, COM/NAV and FMS
      • Landing light does not seem to reflect bright enough on the runway for landing. I would have thought that a center landing light would be pretty bright. I seems like it's a side landing light...because side mounting landing light do a poor job of providing runway landing lights. That's just from my experience.
      • My biggest complaint right now is the MFD and approach plates. I cannot seem to pull up any approach plates. Again, the click-able hot spots (inner vs outer) makes this really hard. And to top it off if you decide to cancel the approach request I cannot seem to get out of this screen.
      • Documentation seems to be lacking. Now, this is only my second airplane from them. Documentation seems to just tell you, the description of an item you might hover over. Doesn't really tell you how to use the item, or when to use it. Some grammar error also.

Overall I really like this product and after adding Opus camera view to it, it's really nice.

Please note It's easy to sit back and through darts when we(I) are(am) not the ones(one) developing the product, so I just want to say THANKS to Carenado, because I'm sure It takes a lot of effort to even produce a basic airplane, let alone a more advance product like the SR22. It might not before everyone, but real GA fans should enjoy this product, and with time the product should get better.

-Ray