Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kosta

Forum Font

I don't know if it's only me, but forum fonts have changed. Is it something I did or is it server side? The forum listing is still the same old, but when I enter a forum, like FSX, Flight etc, it's a different font.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No, Srdan, I too noticed that the font has altered. I'm glad you posted because I was beginning to doubt my sanity! Must be the new update that took place at 17:00 GMT

Same here, especially for the list of users reading a topic thing.

Agree...I've seen it too. Would love to to have the old one back.

Hello

Same here

Forum listing is the usual font but when I enter a forum it changes to a mono spaced font.

I vote for a period of stability in the forums, since Tom retired from work he has my head spinning with all the tweaking of the forum software.

Although I'd prefer the older font, I have no problems with the new one. However, I see the vertical spacing is lost. I mean, try to see an old topic with a fs9.cfg posted. Now appears just a big paragraph with no line breaks. I don't know if this is related.

Best regards from Colombia,

Luis Miguel

Take the 2012 Demographic. You will see that the font changed in anticipation of the demographic that there are a lot of old dudes in these here forums. Including me. :LMAO:

I haven't a clue what caused the change... but will look into it.

First I thought it was something I installed. I guess not.

First I thought it was something I installed. I guess not.

Ditto. This thread saved me from starting to search system restores ;)

Ditto. This thread saved me from starting to search system restores ;)

Word Not Allowed saves the day once again! Yaaaaayyyy!!! Just%20Kidding.gifJust%20Kidding.gifJust%20Kidding.gif

I believe everything's back to normal now, right?

I don't think anything ever changed, but if you say so... :Nerd:

No it's no different, I'll show you a couple of shots to compare. Some sub forums are using Arial which was how things used to be everywhere up until around about when the new advertising panes were added recently.

Arial.jpg

Now some sub forums are using Verdana in the indexes and its quite a stark difference to me, it also looks to be a couple of points bigger too.

Verdana.jpg

As we go through the various changes and mods that we are incorporating, there are going to be perturbations that we'll eventually work out. Please, just take a deep breath and bear with us, okay? If every little nuance of change gets a forum post with 20 people distressed by it, then I am either going to stop reading those posts entirely, or we are going to stop trying to improve the system.

I have no issue with the fonts, or its size.As long as something is legible to me, that is all that matters. I just commented on noticing the change.

Did the system alter anything on the presence of paragraphs? Using the search feature and reading some older posts, the text often is compressed to one single line instead of nice and easy to read paragraphs.

I first thought that the folks might have posted that way, but this isn't the case I guess. Take some older Bojote posts for example. Me says the 'speeches' in the PMDG section also show a layout change, means that they were most likely posted with paragraphs but lost some of them.

Here's one 'single line' post as example. http://forum.avsim.n...50#entry1935123

Thanks for taking care. Helps some reader's eyes for sure. :Hypnotized: