Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HawkDsl

Where are you flying your C90

To continue The Jet Prop thread CoolIP started... Now for the C90:

image1rp.jpg

2012513163647247.jpg

2012513163928587.jpg

2012513164248687.jpg

2012513171659590.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Easton, MD to Chicago Midway.

Chicago Midway to Kansas City Muni

Kansas City Muni to Denver Centennial

Denver Centennial to Portland, OR

Portland, OR to Boeing Field, Seattle

Boeing Seattle to Oakland, CA

Oakland, CA to John Wayne/Orange County, CA

Currently parked at KSNA

scaled.php?server=28&filename=n905ttksna.jpg&res=landing

Everywhere PilotEdge is operating and Orbx NW scenery.

Mostly scaring the cows, and chasing the cars up and down I-40 in middle Tennessee while learning this beast!

"My" King Air, N555XY (a RW locally registered C90A -cough- :) ), has been put into the rotation with N3217M, my turbocharged Carenado A36. So far, she's been doing a lot of flying out of my local airport (KLMO) in part testing the new scenery I'm developing for it and partially because now, even with "my work in progress" scenery, my local airport is vastly improved over the MS interpretation of it and a lot more fun to fly out of. Add in my recent purchase of the Reality XP GNS430 and I'm LOVING it - haven't touched my NGX in a month! :D

I'm a midwestern and Rocky Mountain flyer predominately with the C90.

SLN-HYS-GRI (Kansas and Nebraska, where I grew up)

LMO-ASE-LMO (Local trip)

LMO-CYS-LMO

LMO-ISN-LMO (ISN is quite a boom town these days, in fact, our local airport charter operation is often transporting oil workers there in their Merlin)

LMO-VEL-APA -- where she is parked now

Overall, enjoying the heck out of this airplane!

fsx2012041822564700.jpg

Hi folks,

I did allready looots of hrs in the C90B ... this showcase is the flight from Vienna LOWW (Aerosoft MegaAirports/FlyTampa) to Lugano LSZA (Flylogic) via Klagenfurt & Verona south of the Alps.

Parked on GA Ramp in Vienna , checking the last items before runup:

C90_01.jpg

On FL200 , heading to VOR Klagenfurt:

C90_02.jpg

C90_03.jpg

South of Verona heading to Lugano:

C90_05.jpg

Descent to Lugano:

C90_04.jpg

Having her save and secure at Lugano Airport:

C90_06.jpg

Happy flying and I will keep posting if you like!

After fighting 3 versions of Windows Video Maker (I tossed my Pinnacle studio by mistake :Doh:... The Windows LIVE one is a POS.. I'm seeing a trend with "LIVE" products :Thinking: ) Here is the flight of the screen caps, in moving pictures.

How are you changing your cockpit viewpoint so freely and smoothly? Almost seems like you have an interface attached to your head.

I do! TrackIR and EZDok. Kind of a major pain to set up... you have to let EZDok take over all the views shortcut keys, and it has it's own views you can add, customize, etc. It takes a couple hours per new plane.. but it really gets you inside the plane like nothing else, and frees up your hands to fly the plane.

Got another clip on the way.. Ruff Weather ahead...

tempjn.jpg

I did this in real life, brother in the left seat... me screaming in the other... Grumman Cheetah in Atlanta GA. Thought I'd give it a go with the C90.

How are you changing your cockpit viewpoint so freely and smoothly? Almost seems like you have an interface attached to your head.

Most likely using TrackIR which is just that. An interface that attaches to your head. Very slight movements are multiplied and used to pan the camera around the cockpit. It really adds a lot of realism to flying the sim because you can look around window struts etc. Love mine.

On FL200 , heading to VOR Klagenfurt:

C90_02.jpg

C90_03.jpg

South of Verona heading to Lugano:

Descent to Lugano:

C90_04.jpg

WOW :Hypnotized: Wich addon do you use for the mountains? They look so real....

WOW :Hypnotized: Wich addon do you use for the mountains? They look so real....

Hi there,

that is GEX Europe , UTX Europe, Scenery Tech Europe Landclass , ActiveSky 2012 .... and I use FS Global 2010 Mesh for the mountains. The deep shadows giving contrast to the mesh / mountains are produced by SHADE for FSX and my custom edited enb-series-mod.

Thanks a lot, i have almost the same setup, i think i have to give "Shade" a try...

and....maybe you can share your ENB Mod with me?

Well, back to the topic. Here are a couple of captures from 20,000 ft above Paso Robles, California, from my flight late yesterday from KOAK to KSNA, followed by another image during roll out after landing. That long narrow strip of land in the second photo is the Morro Dunes Natural Preserve, which defines Morro Bay.

c90ovrkprb1.jpg

c90ovrkprb2.jpg

c90ksnaroll.jpg

Well, back to the topic. Here are a couple of captures from 20,000 ft above Paso Robles, California, from my flight late yesterday from KOAK to KSNA, followed by another image during roll out after landing. That long narrow strip of land in the second photo is the Morro Dunes Natural Preserve, which defines Morro Bay.

Very nice - I really like that livery! My wife and I were just out in the Paso Robles/SLO area this time last month - nice to see it from the air in FSX! :Just Kidding:

Very nice - I really like that livery!

That is one of Kevin's liveries. I repainted his with my own custom colors. That cinnamon red is common to all the aircraft in my hanger.

Flight from Orange County/John Wayne (KSNA) to Denver Centennial (KAPA) last evening. All photos taken from FL250. Note the very strange scenery anomaly in the second shot as I neared Thermal VOR (TRM) E of Palm Springs. Don't know if it was supposed to be the Salton Sea or what?

My nest flight, today, will be from Centennial to Chicago Midway and will be less photo-eventful!

Palm Springs desert floor:

PSP1-L.jpg

The anomaly near Thermal, CA:

OVR-TRM-VOR1-L.jpg

Over Grand Canyon Airport on J128:

Valle1-L.jpg

Sunset nearing Blue Mesa (HBU) on J128:

SunsetHBU-VOR1-L.jpg

Dusk breaking out from over Rockies to Denver area at 12,000 ft. Note the higher aircraft and contrail in the distance:

DenverPlateauDusk-L.jpg

I love those anomalies.. sometimes I'll go back, and they'll be missing/normal. Did a landmark tour, and devils tower was a spike once.

Hi all,

needed to get to a Beechcraft service with my C90B.

As my money is a bit gone at the moment, as I had to also buy a B200 :rolleyes: I needed to get to a cheaper good maintenance center ... so I flew up to Sindal / Denmark from Nuremberg.

Nice little airport done by VIDAN-Designs, it is rather cheap and the service on my C90B was excellent :lol: .

Sindal1.jpg

Sindal2.jpg

Sorry for warming this post up again ... it is just great fun! B)

Flight today in King Air C90 N903TT from Punta Gorda, Florida, (KPDG) to Grand Cayman Roberts International, (MWCR) on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands.

MWCR%20enroute_1-L.jpg

Over the Florida Keys at 18,000.

MWCR%20enroute_2-L.jpg

Watching the Florida mainland and the Keys fade into the distance...

MWCR%20enroute_3-L.jpg

Over Cuba without a permit. Sometimes the clouds are your friend...

MWCR%20enroute_4-L.jpg

And sometimes not! Tropical afternoon squalls close in. Gets choppy! My route forecast did not mention this!

MWCR%20enroute_7-L.jpg

A little relief from the stress during a break in the weather, accompanied by a splendorous late afternoon sun.

MWCR%20enroute_5-L.jpg

Breaking out below during the descent, as Grand Cayman comes into view in the distance.

MWCR%20enroute_6-L.jpg

On short final to Rwy 26 at Roberts/Grand Cayman International.

MWCR%20enroute_8-L.jpg

Shutting down and ready to relax with 84F degrees, surf, and some great rum as an early winter cold front approaches home back in Maryland.