Sign in to follow this  
smileybeaches

Blackbox Airbus

This is what I "Love" to read:

I see so many posts bashing the new PSS product, very likely without even owning it (some not all). I read people saying "oh God, Oh God...PSS was so bad products that I will make sure I don't get bit twice." And I can respond: ' How hypocrite can some folks be." Looooong before PMDG, Captain Sim, A2, FSL, I-Fly, Level D, and Wilco (and you name it), existed, there was PSS. That's right the inventors and creators of the Real Pro a/c...Then many years later came everyone else...And, everyone learned how to master their products after marveling at PSS. Yes, today there are a couple better developer. But how can I be so Hypocrite and say only bad things about PSS, only because now (Now, many, many years later), we have better choices? I is as foolish as say: "Ohh, the Concorde is such an old and out-dated a/c; I prefer an Airbus 380 or a Boeing 777-300.

Who do you think all of todays "big boys" learned fom? You got it.... PSS. How I loved (not liked, but LOVED), Airbus Pro, 777-300, The Concorde !!! Yes, PSS was the marvel of even when many had no idea where to sart. Then came the fall...why? We don't dont know exactly; we can only gossip. Todays Black-Box, may not be yesterdays PSS..Maybe it's only one guy of the many that formed that once brilliant team.

THANK YOU JUST-FLIGHT AND PSS !!!!

I assume you're joking? I'm not going into the history of it all but the fact they cut people off from products they paid for is enough to boycott them forever. As for the quality of the product they've just released one just has to read this thread to understand its not great.

I see so many posts bashing the new PSS product, very likely without even owning it (some not all). I read people saying "oh God, Oh God...PSS was so bad products that I will make sure I don't get bit twice." And I can respond: ' How hypocrite can some folks be." Looooong before PMDG, Captain Sim, A2, FSL, I-Fly, Level D, and Wilco (and you name it), existed, there was PSS. That's right the inventors and creators of the Real Pro a/c...Then many years later came everyone else...And, everyone learned how to master their products after marveling at PSS. Yes, today there are a couple better developer. But how can I be so Hypocrite and say only bad things about PSS, only because now (Now, many, many years later), we have better choices? I is as foolish as say: "Ohh, the Concorde is such an old and out-dated a/c; I prefer an Airbus 380 or a Boeing 777-300.

Who do you think all of todays "big boys" learned fom? You got it.... PSS. How I loved (not liked, but LOVED), Airbus Pro, 777-300, The Concorde !!! Yes, PSS was the marvel of even when many had no idea where to sart. Then came the fall...why? We don't dont know exactly; we can only gossip. Todays Black-Box, may not be yesterdays PSS..Maybe it's only one guy of the many that formed that once brilliant team.

How any of this is remotely relevant to this issue I don't understand. This developer, regardless of their background, are using dishonest practices. Plain and simple. Just because some of them might have had a hand in some great planes 12 years ago doesn't excuse the despicable behaviour they have demonstrated today.

Did they pay you to say all that?

Your blatant ignorance makes me wish I had some Clear Eyes to wash out what I just read.

Where's Ben Stein when you need him...

Well after BBS called me a liar saying that statement wasn't there, I emailed them back saying that yes it was there and it is still there. Here was the reply:

No sir, you did not.. 

The information was Not published until release of the product

Time to contact PayPal and other avenues.

Well after BBS called me a liar saying that statement wasn't there, I emailed them back saying that yes it was there and it is still there. Here was the reply:

No sir, you did not..

The information was Not published until release of the product

Time to contact PayPal and other avenues.

So they are refusing to process your refund?

Didn't they give the other guy a few pages back a refund offer because of the product not working correctly, yet they won't give you one? It's the same product?

Are they being selective about refunds? I mean if the product is defective...

They apparently are being selective on who deserves bi-weekly updates and who doesn't.

Be ready for FSL to come along and send these goons back underground to scheme on past glories.

These are worrying statements!

I'm dealing only with the current BBS, and not PSS; I don't have any knowledge of their history in this respect. Does any evidence exist to show that BBS are being selective with who gets an update?

In development, things aren't always linear, and it's often very hard to determine when something will be ready for release. Releasing something before its ready can cause more distress.

A key facet of customer service, however, is always to keep the customer informed, as this can often offset disappointment, at any price point, and especially so at higher cost levels.

Am I happy with my BBS Airbus? So far, it's 50:50, with a slight downward trend towards dissatisfaction, mainly due to the lack of operational systems. I believe that BBS have indicated that V0.54 will be better in this regard. This product has much potential.

Ultimately, the opinion of customers when expressed publicly (such as here) can make or break the future success of products and development endeavours, especially when there exists competition, be it a viable product or one in the pipeline.

I'll continue to be supportive, as support and encouragement are better motivational expressions, especially since I, and many others, have vested interests in BBS.

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

Looooong before PMDG, Captain Sim, A2, FSL, I-Fly, Level D, and Wilco (and you name it), existed, there was PSS. That's right the inventors and creators of the Real Pro a/c...Then many years later came everyone else...And, everyone learned how to master their products after marveling at PSS.

I think Eric Ernst and Dai Griffith might have something to say about that. They were making professional level stuff for FS98. Likewise Wilco's 767 Pilot In Command - a development of Eric Ernst's 757/767 and would later become the Level D 767 - was released in 2001 and had a feature list that was more advanced than anything PSS had at the time. As for PMDG, they didn't spring into existence with the 737NG - they were developing and releasing professional level airliners for Terminal Reality's Fly! long before that with their superlative 757/767 and 777IGW being released in 2000.

So I think it's a bit far fetched to say PSS created the professional level aircraft for FS.

As I said, PSS used to be my favourite developer and I've had a huge amount of enjoyment with their older products. However, they eventually came to represent - in my mind at least - everything wrong with the FS addon industry.

- If I remember correctly they were the first to start charging for individual liveries (although to be fair they stopped doing this after the 777).

- As far as I am aware they ran the only forum where posts had to be approved by a moderator before they appeared in the forum.

- Products released in an unfinished state with near showstopping bugs. CTDs when using the FMC... absolutely abysmal frame rates from the 757 VC on release.

- Listing features on product pages that were NOT implemented. Anyone remember how long we had to wait for the 757 fuel and load planners - even though they were listed as product features?

- Poor quality in many areas that did not live up to the "Professional" marketting tag. Remember the A330/A340 flight model? How it would slam into the runway on autoland? That had to be fixed with new flight models created by a customer. Remember the horrible 777 flight model on release? They had to hire Rob Young to make a new flight model for it. Exterior aircraft models that were far behind the curve, with better freeware being available.

- Pre-ordering customers unable to download the product because servers were overloaded - but still going ahead with the general release even though the server log jam hadn't cleared.

- Abandoning their forums and leaving technical support to one or two very kind volunteers, who it would appear themselves got fed up with PSS' antics in the end and quit themselves.

- Disappearing and leaving paying customers unable to install their paid for products due to the "online installers".

Where did it all go wrong? How did one of the best developers decline in such a manner?

I thought it was only pointsoftware that had a few bozos pimping their crappy software on here.And now this. Live and learn.

This thread has now become the subject of a large number of reports to administrators, coming in faster than new posts. THREAD IS CLOSED.