Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

What % of the 777 project is complete?

come on... Do you guys need to be so aggressive?Although i laughed with Kyle's post, off course he isn't asking the exact value, just an estimate... I was also curious when i saw his post... To give you an example that i'm sure everybody here relates to: If you're in a flight in FSX, and you're somewhere in cruise, you can have a look at your progress on VATSPY or something and have an IDEA of your % of progress... And neither VATSPY nor FSX have a % counter... Try to understand they're question and not be agressive... I feel like i'm affraid of posting something without everybody starting with those replies...

thanks for the support! I knew people would probably hate this post, but what you wrote was a better way of phrasing what I was trying to get at.

I was looking for a ball park range like 50% or 75%, as Im sure they know a figure of where the product stands. I was never expecting 93.5% or something precise. I never would have even posted this if I had realized they had given an offical post just a day earlier. oh well

What is the % chance my microwave burrito is going to be nice and soft in the middle, and rock frickin hard at the ends after 3mins? Probably higher than the completion % of the T7 at this point. Lol

Oh help, what a dump question seriously... Yea, PMDG has a %-counter. They press "calculate'' and see how far they're ...

For a company that makes addons as meticulously as PMDG does, a % calculator in their development project plan wouldn't actually surprise me. :)

I would say PMDG know exactly what % they are complete.

It's the exposing of it, that is the bad idea that can cause a stir if fan calculations and estimates don't match their own.

That's actually 2.0036%

Roughly 2.004%. We talked about this Kyle, get your formulas together.

Dang. Messed up the function call...

Kyle Rodgers

come on... Do you guys need to be so aggressive?Although i laughed with Kyle's post, off course he isn't asking the exact value, just an estimate... I was also curious when i saw his post... To give you an example that i'm sure everybody here relates to: If you're in a flight in FSX, and you're somewhere in cruise, you can have a look at your progress on VATSPY or something and have an IDEA of your % of progress... And neither VATSPY nor FSX have a % counter... Try to understand they're question and not be agressive... I feel like i'm affraid of posting something without everybody starting with those replies...

Well said Francisco. I have said it before on the forums, if you haven't got anything good (or nice) to say, then don't say it. Be constructive or otherwise go get a life.

So how would you feel to be on a fight that was 90% complete? Do you think "almost home" or do you get that dispairing "almost made it" feeling?

So how would you feel to be on a fight that was 90% complete? Do you think "almost home" or do you get that dispairing "almost made it" feeling?

On an FSX flight or as passenger?

What is the % chance my microwave burrito is going to be nice and soft in the middle, and rock frickin hard at the ends after 3mins? Probably higher than the completion % of the T7 at this point. Lol

Currently eating a microwave burrito. Ends are "rock frickin' hard". Almost puked the burrito up laughing when I read that. :LMAO:

It's funny how many rag on the guy who asked the question FOR asking the question. Meanwhile this topic sparks interest and conversation, which is why we are all here.

Gents-

We can't really give you a percentage of completion, because we would have to convene a subcommittee in itself just to decide what units we are measuring with. Systems completed? Lines of code? Switches operable?

Knowing this crowd- that debate would keep you guys going until LONG after release.

So while I cannot tell you what percentage is completed- I can tell you that we are way beyond v0.2. :LMAO: (Okay- cheap shot- but how can you resist with such low hanging fruit? LOL)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Nice to hear! Wish you took pre-orders, before my wife sees me with the credit card and threatens life and limb!!

I can tell you that we are way beyond v0.2. :LMAO: (Okay- cheap shot- but how can you resist with such low hanging fruit? LOL)

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

I can tell you that we are way beyond v0.2. (Okay- cheap shot- but how can you resist with such low hanging fruit? LOL)

Very hard to resist!

But they too are way beyond v0.2...they are now up to v.0.201...yes..they are now "Service packing" their dot releases! :Doh:

While this may sound like they are being attentive to their customers (and in reality they are)....they are also delaying their final release by taking up resources recompiling, packaging, testing (well...hehe) dot releases, and now Service Packs of those dot releases!

While I'll never fault a company for listening to, and being responsive to their customers, they should ONLY do that in a development cycle when it does not affect the actual progress of the product. Sure, if the software company had a dedicated packaging/service department that the developers just handed the code over to, then they got right back to development while the packaging department handled the recompiling. packaging and uploading, then that would be fine. But I don't think any software company not of an "MS", "Adobe", "Oracle". or "HP" size would have an actual, dedicated department like that. Especially in the micro-world of flight simulation product development.

I wonder if anyone over there will figure that out and tell their test pilots that they could get a lot more done if they didn't have to service pack their dot releases? :Thinking:

Regards,

Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg