Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

What % of the 777 project is complete?

I can most certainly understand and respect your position, but I happen to agree with RSR on this topic. Maybe if CS had been like AirSimmer and said "Hey, we need some money" then I probably wouldn't feel that way. As stated previously, I did not like my CS experience so giving them the benefit of the doubt is a bit difficult for me. The PNFL (that should be trade marked!) plan, at best, is an odd practice in my opinion.

Oh, I'm not saying I disagree with him (I don't totally agree, but he does have a point). I'm just saying it's not the role of developers to say things like that about other developers--that and the fact that they broke their own rule about not mentioning competing products. If the public wants to say they disagree with it, then they should (but they should say it in the general forums or on the forum of the company in question, not their competitors who can't do anything about it). If the criticizing developer is wrong, just being biased, then it's a very immature and pointless thing to do. If the criticizing developer is right in what they're saying, it's just rude. For instance, there are some companies that everybody agrees don't make good products, but you don't see superior companies spending their time putting them down.

I'm personally not happy that CS released the 777 so early (though not for the same exact reasons, and I don't mind as much as some). I've been dying for a T7 since CS announced the exterior, which is why I went ahead and purchased it as soon as it came out. What I didn't know is that, while it works pretty well, I can't save and load flights, so I would have to do the full 14-hour flight in one sitting. So if it takes CS an absurdly long time to come out with v1.0, I'll probably get the PMDG version, too (my idea was to purchase whichever came first).

So I have no problem with customers voicing their opinions (not that I agree with them, I feel that some people are missing a few facts, but I'll try and keep that out of the PMDG forums), because it's the customers who decide which companies are going to be most successful. However, when the developers themselves come into the debate, it just causes useless mudslinging.

Surely these two statements are a tad contradictory?

Haha! You're right. That came out wrong. That first statement was meant to show that I enjoy both equally, but (objectively) PMDG does make higher-quality products. :wink:

Guys, it's called competition. You see it everywhere, from Chevrolet's stupid ads showing that the Silverado can get 1 more MPG than the Toyota Tundra to Aleve's ads saying you only need 2 capsules a day compared to 100 with Tylenol.

I have changed my opinion from when I first jumped in on this topic. Robert and unnamed user were probably just joking around, as each company joked on the competitor's faults (PMDG being slow at developing and CaptainSim releasing unfinished products).

Didn't look like joking to me.

Looked like sucker punches at each other's face.

I also agree that maybe PMDG should have just left comparisons to CS products alone in their forums, as they originally wrote.

PMDG seem to time their products rather badly. NGX was released few months after ifly, most likely costing them customers. Now the t7 has pretty much done the same thing.

PERHAPS they were thinking that no other company was anywhere near close to them when it comes to product quality etc so they took their time and are being proven wrong.

I await the firing squad....

What % of the users of the CS T7 that knock PMDG will become owners of the PMDG T7 when released? ..........

costing them customers. Now the t7 has pretty much done the same thing.

Some, but only a minor few. It's the same case with the 777. Just becuase something is released before something doesnt mean all the customers are going to run to that. Poeople Know and Understand PMDG's level of complexity in a Product, and people will stand by that, and its accuaracy. I dont think ther is one person who was set to buy the PMDG 777 thats now moved on, gone with the CS777, and stuck with it, and no longer going to buy PMDG's product....

I think this thread leads to nowhere. Its up to the customer anyway. If you wanna buy the CS, buy the CS, if you wanna wait for PMDG, wait for PMDG. Its not like any of them forces you to buy their product.

I think this thread should be locked. It's useless to argue on here!

Yep, the market is the market. Competition is the key, and who knows one of the unknowns may just turn out the best of a particular marque.

Thoughtless loyalty and mindless a really excited user have nothing to offer except aggro, and Boeing v Airbus is a great topic, but as a simmer I want to fly whatever is in the sky.

I find it hilarious that we are still fighting about this, here out of all places (and I'm surprised by PMDG's actions too). Just thought I'd mention this though. One 777 has already shown a lot of what it can do, while the other has only shown us visuals. If anything, argue when the playing field is level, lots of the claims are somewhat unsupported, they are assumed based on past information that does not directly go in-line with this current product. I support both sides, and probably will buy from both, happily too. I just find it stupid that it starts with the people trying to prevent this from happening here in the first place.

When one can play with a working model from one, and look at pictures from another, I think I make my point clear, the argument is pointless. Wait until we can see something to make a big deal over this...

Yeah "assuming based on past information", what you actually mean is PMDG is yet to release a substandard product and CS... well I think it's pretty clear from the preceding discussion. What you're asking is for people to consider the possibility that CS makes a better T7 than PMDG - which frankly is about as likely as me becoming Chief Rabbi (and I'm not even religious.)

If I may be candid for a moment. I picked up v0.2..........And it is what it is, and for me right now, is doesnt work for squat, BUT, they have made their customers well aware that their will be issues.....to which their are many........and as time goes on those issues will be resolved (maybe). Are they looking for customers money before hand, to aid with financing this thing, probably, Does this bother me.....not really, I was planing on buying both T7's anyway, and for CS to sell me an unfinished product for around $23 (american dollars, not euro) less that when the job is done, Its still $23+/- less than I would have paid, for a finished product, so if it sits in the hangar, and I do nothing with it, then that's just it, It sits there waiting to be finished and I saved a couple of bucks in the long run. For RSR to comment or "bash" CS is akin to Pepsi and Coca-Cola going at it, its business and It was an opinion made. Do I care that RSR bashed CS.....no....Do I care that CS retorted.....no. I have been 100% satisfied with everything that I have bought from PMDG, and am around 70% happy with CS. I will not even begin to go into the debate of which company is better, but I will say that compairing the two is like compairing a Jaguar to a Honda. They both work, and are relieable, but one is just much...MUCH better. I will let you decide who is who. I own, fly, and enjoy products from both companies.....I just happen to enjoy one more than the other.

To whom ever gets rattled by my opinions, understand that they are simply MY opinions. I am not writing this to bash one company over the other. I am simply offering my two cents. To anyone that currently owns products from both compainies, you will understand what I am talking about.

I am simply offering my two cents. To anyone that currently owns products from both compainies, you will understand what I am talking about.

Excellent post Tim. Couldn't have said it better. :Idea:

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

I second that!

I personally think their comments were a bit out of line considering the flight sim community generally is void of that type of thing, but I think you have laid out the issue clearer than anyone else. Nicely done!

Based on the release date, I will plan my 777 simulator time. I have a cruise out if Miami in late March. I would love to visit the flight school there and get 2 hours inthe 777 sim. I would need 1-2 months of PMDG 777 experience before I pay the $1,000 to fly at the flight school. So for me, a December 777 release date (or earlier) would make or an ideal vacaton. But I know it will be here "whenever" and I will check back every week to see if it is out. Though an email via a mailing list would be nice so I don't have to check every week.

Paul Gugliotta