Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

MS donates a free plane to all of us: P-51 Red-Tail

The Microsoft Flight team is proud to announce our partnership with RED TAILS! We'll be offering a free RED TAILS P-51 Mustang to celebrate the recent release of RED TAILS on DVD, Blu-ray and digital download.

RED TAILS tells the high-flying epic tale of the Tuskegee Airmen, the first African-American combat unit to serve in World War II. Check out www.Facebook.com/RedTails to learn more.

I have problems understanding the sentence : are they offering a P-51 in red tail livery to ALL players ?

On steam she said, when asked if it was a whole plane or a paint job for the existing one, she said "free plane"

Why would it be? I believe they already confirmed a deluxe plane would come with Alaska.

Ok I just saw the message from Delafina. Quite nice move from MSF :Peace: , I hope for new paint schemes for "the most used plane in the game" the Maule soon too :Party:

Yeah even one of my passengers commented on that... "don't you have anything besides blue?" "umm, i have a gold one" " *cough* " Just%20Kidding.gif

Well, it looks like I will be able to get a few more aerocaches and achievements now.

I'm even more glad now that I resisted buying a warbird just to get them.

Is this not just another paint scheme for those that all ready own the P-51? Making a total of three.

I am not sure if there will be two P-51s in the hanger, or if it will be in the paint scheme page. I do know from a post by Delafina that those who haven’t purchased the P-51 will get this plane. I assume they will not get the original paint schemes.

So........ when is this all happening. I usually speak English well (I hope so, since I am a native) but this whole thing seems kind of unclear.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I didn't catch a "delivery date" either.

I am not sure if there will be two P-51s in the hanger, or if it will be in the paint scheme page. I do know from a post by Delafina that those who haven’t purchased the P-51 will get this plane. I assume they will not get the original paint schemes.

Really? When I started Flight the other day, was sure it mentioned on the loading screen it was just a paintjob for it. Either way, I won't be installing, got to stick with my principles of not accepting a plane with no cockpit, don't want to give MS the wrong idea, LOL.

Nice gesture for those that have it though.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Wednesday MS announced a new paint scheme which should be available for download. Apparently they suddenly came up with another idea: they decided to give everyone a free P-51 with the Red Tail paint scheme. When that will happen no one knows yet. It's also not known yet what will happen when you have bought the P-51 already (if it will show up as a seperate plane or if you just get an extra paint scheme). Time will tell.

All in all it's a nice gesture from MS and it gives you an opportunity to find out what everyone is talking about on this forum :wink: and if you like it or not.

I cleaned this topic up a bit which meant I had to remove more then half of the posts... I also had to remove some (very few) 'good' posts because they were related to 'bad' posts. Please try to keep it friendly and positive from now on. Any negative remarks will simply be removed without notice. Apparently some people like a bit tougher moderation: I tried to be fair and keep it peaceful, but well, that clearly failed (I'm only human :wink: ). If you have something to say about this, PM me and don't post it here, please!