Sign in to follow this  
Martin Harasimowicz

GSX Owners- Was it Worth It?

Depends what you like in your simming. If you like to jump in and fly and focus on operating the plane and don't care about nice sceneries other than to the extent they impact the look of take off and landing, then no it isn't worth it.

If you like to simulate being an airline captain complete with the pain of loading and unloanding people and luggage and fuel, then it's a nice addition. I like it.

It isn't perfect, and it sometimes gives me weird problems at other add-on airports, but as others have suggested it works great 90% of the time as a one stop shop.

I like the complete Airline captain experience.

Just bought it and flying online now.

The pushback feature was worth the money alone. So much more realism in emulating the airline pilot experience!

It has been for me. I really enjoy the additional ground activity around the aircraft.

You get:

a Marshaller

Belt loaders (or the Commnader loaders for wide bodies (dinosaurs we called them))

Catering trucks

Fueling trucks

A push back that puts you on the taxi line everytime (in my experience)

Simulated sounds of an aircraft being loaded (even if it is a bit repetitve)

Follow me vehicle

Free Updates

Works with almost all aircraft to varying degrees (check the official site for the list)

Works with all airports at no additional cost

So if you are a person who appreciates immersion of the whole experience then you should enjoy GSX.

Nice, I've seen a ton of videos on youtube and it looks amazing. I'm just curious on how it performs in FSX? Does it drain FPS?

Nice, I've seen a ton of videos on youtube and it looks amazing. I'm just curious on how it performs in FSX? Does it drain FPS?

No FPS hit that I have seen.

I really would recommend this add on to anyone intersted in extra immersion. As someone above note, even if you don't like the catering truck or baggage cart, the follow me vehicle and the push back always ending on a taxi way (using the AFCAD I think) would be fantastic reasons to get it. I know it's not exactly cheap, but overall I think its worth it.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

No FPS hit that I have seen.

I really would recommend this add on to anyone intersted in extra immersion. As someone above note, even if you don't like the catering truck or baggage cart, the follow me vehicle and the push back always ending on a taxi way (using the AFCAD I think) would be fantastic reasons to get it. I know it's not exactly cheap, but overall I think its worth it.

I second that.

It comes out to be pretty cheap considering it's usable at every airport in the sim.

NGX+Fs2Crew+Virtual Airline+Vatsim+GSX= The airline experience

I second that.

It comes out to be pretty cheap considering it's usable at every airport in the sim.

NGX+Fs2Crew+Virtual Airline+Vatsim+GSX= The airline experience

+TOPCAT+AS_weather for detailed winds and performance stuff :D Looking forward to what PFPX brings as well! That should be something!

Yep agree with all the above posts

Orbox sceneries and with fsdst airports with rex textures cant go wrong with gsx, yea PFPX looks good been in the pipelines for a long time hopefully they soon release it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I've had GSX for about a week now as well, and agree that it is a great addition to the experience and definitely worth the cost. The only shame is that you lose the ability to control the push-back by voice through FS2Crew. I really miss talking to the ground crew. If only those two add-ons could work together the experience would be perfect.

Amazing addon like everyone has stated

I would love to see better voices of the ground crew for starters

Also So that the trucks don't drive through the plane

Only little things that would be good to see fixed but I would defiantly recommend it!

An option in the 777 to pre book a gate and that would be an awesome feature like in real life how they can pre make sure their gate is free and ready for their arrival :)

Just my 2 cents worth.. Either way a+ addon

But you talk to the GSX guy. What's the difference?

In FS2Crew I can talk (through microphone - not by clicking) to the ground crew, rather than going through the menus. It's no big deal by any means, but it creates immersion just like talking to your co-pilot does in FS2Crew. Obviously the GSX pushback is otherwise superior, so I wouldn't use the FS2C pushback anymore despite it.

MCE interacts directly with GSX, so when i request pushback or catering or fuel etc, it automatically actions the GSX or AES menu and commands it into action, quite neat, i get to use both programs with the one command!

Thanks to all the +ve feed back here, pulled the trigger and bought it yesterday. One question left. As they are also offering 30% of their airports which runs out tomorrow, and the only 2 from the list that I do not have is Geneva and Fort Lauderdale. So, which of these two is the better visually, gates, etc where the newly-purchased GSX will be best effective?

Thanks for any suggestions, in advance.

I do not have Geneva, one of the three I myself do not have (that, KDFW, and Zurich), but I do have KFLL and it is very well done. FSDT has not done a major update on Geneva since its release, to my knowledge. Thus, KFLL is more recent and if you have all of their other products you definitely know how much they have improved post-KLAS, which is very much. It is definitely on par with their most recent releases like PHNL, the Hawaiian airports packages, and KLAX. I have no problem vouching for KFLL, it is a very good addon.

Thanks for that, Kyle. As the deadline for the 30% off was the 4th, I took a gamble and bought KFLL, and now having read your post, I feel a heap better. I went for it as I already have Zurich and it did not make a great deal of logic to get another airport so close, hence opted for KFLL.

Now, I only wish I could get GSX to work as CTrl+F12 is not giving me any drop-down menus, but I'll work on it.

FSDT has not done a major update on Zurich since its release, to my knowledge.

Yes they have done a big update, with more to come. http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4380.0

As far as the question vc10man asked which to get between Geneva and Ft. Lauderdale? It's going to depend on where you like to fly more in my opinion. I have all the FSDT except the Hawaii stuff ony because I dont fly out there, but both Geneva and KFLL are excellent. However, in real life I fly into KFLL often from DFW so I used and appreciate KFLL a lot more and use it more that I do Geneva. Both are great though and I think you will enjoy either one you get.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Now, I only wish I could get GSX to work as CTrl+F12 is not giving me any drop-down menus, but I'll work on it.

Hmmm, only thing I could think of is that you may have something else assigned to that, search or post on their support forum here: http://www.fsdreamte....php?board=50.0 (Which I am sure you are very well aware of, just trying to speed up the process for ya)

Yes they have done a big update, with more to come. http://www.fsdreamte...hp?topic=4380.0

haha yes, I just noticed that, that was a complete typo on my part, I was thinking about Zurich for some reason and accidentally typed that instead of Geneva in that part of the sentence, fixed it though! My bad.