Sign in to follow this  
AZsoccer

ALASKA RELEASED

With all the raving about how great the price is, I'm sure the next add on will be back to $29.99. Thanks a lot, guys. :D

When do we get Flight freeware?

I still think $5 is more like it....

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Everyone knows it's Windy

Sorry, couldn't resist!!!

"Windy", eh? I play guitar in a band with a former member of Association and Pure Prairie League. Get to play "Amy" every weekend.

Nice. Almost every single marketing blurb for Alaska has been stealth edited to remove all mention of missions.

1. ...I think we really need an airfield search option

Shall we all wiki together a "The Big Alaska Airport List"? I started taking notes while starting my "centi-explorer" quest on airports but I'm disorganized. The task overwhelms me. I'm starting at the south west end of the Aleutians and the more I zoom in, the more hopeless the task seems. A really nice airport directory was published by one hard working poster for Hawaii. A google map add-on was published. I used these every simming day. I'll contribute to the data collection but I don't presume to organize the effort nor decide the data needed to be collected. I propose we take an airport directory project into our own hands.

Does the Stearman not have GPS coordinates on that little hand held device by the pilot's right knee?

I can't wait for the gang over at FSWigets to finish their up with their paying stuff and fix MS Flight widget. They know what's wrong and have it on their schedule to fix it.

Am I the only avatar that brought a coat? (Avatar # 4) Those are sectionals and an E6B I'm carrying in my vest pocket, I know my tie looks funny. My moustasche fell off but #4 sure looks like me 30 years ago, 'specially with the sunglasses on.

"Windy", eh? I play guitar in a band with a former member of Association and Pure Prairie League. Get to play "Amy" every weekend.

Musical artistic family. I could be hearing Toccata and fugue in D minor one minute and Acid bath the next. Not to mention my sister practicing Ballet while my brother breakdanced......

One family member played bagpipes.......... :help:

Violins, guitars, drums, oil and acrylics, pointillism.....

I can listen to any music on earth except country Western! (is there an earmuff smiley?)

Seeing the word "windy" I went straight into memory association mode and the song popped right up. :blush:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

When do we get Flight freeware?

Freeflow Florida for Flight???

Btw Scott, try saying the above real fast five times in a row!

5. ...I think the mesh is of a lower resolution then I expected: the mountains look a lot like flowing hills (at least in the places where I have flown so far)

Completely agree. Graphically this is the only (big) let down for me too. The mountains look more like very high hills than jagged mountains, especially when comparing to Holger Sandmann's great meshes for FSX.

Otherwise, graphically great. Especially the shadows as you've already mentioned.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Nothing seeing brown dust kicked up in the middle of winter on the FROZEN snow covered tundra..

This seems to be a aircraft effect related bug. If you use the Cub, the Stearman or the Icon, ice/snow flakes get kicked up. The RV-6, the Maule and the Warbirds have this bug.They need an update for the these aircrafts I think.

2012-6-27_19-33-57-611.jpg

Also,VOR Nav ID don't function.

Anyone else have this?

Yes! I already wondered what was going wrong! For a while I was thinking I didn't get contact with the VOR because of all the mountains and greater distances, but the DME showed a distance, so that couldn't be it. I suppose this is a bug...

Flying out of Unalaska, my RV 6 switched to stealth mode. Um yeah, no one's gonna see a black plane with all that snow!!! Also, when I spawned on the runway here, I somehow managed to get the landing backwards achievement. I guess the aircraft spawned just high enough off the ground and there was enough wind to register as going backwards?

stealthRV.jpg

Also,VOR Nav ID don't function.

Anyone else have this?

I only used one VOR yesterday and it worked for me.

VOR: ANK 114.30

Airplane: RV-6A

I only used one VOR yesterday and it worked for me.

VOR: ANK 114.30

Airplane: RV-6A

I used 5 different VOR's yesterday and 3 ILSs and they all worked perfectly.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Completely agree. Graphically this is the only (big) let down for me too. The mountains look more like very high hills than jagged mountains, especially when comparing to Holger Sandmann's great meshes for FSX.

Otherwise, graphically great. Especially the shadows as you've already mentioned.

Agreed! That's an accurate quick summary of Alaska.