Sign in to follow this  
AZsoccer

ALASKA RELEASED

<Sing> beautiful downtown Unalakleet </Sing> i want to Play the Tweetos now! Sadly i have to wait till first of July when I get new money ;/ anyway have fun and pls keep posting screenies.

I expect things like icing effects will have to wait for things like aircraft damage models and non-ISA weather modeling. :Phbbbt:

Among other things.

I'm sorry.. I know it's only $15 but the subtle, but important details they just missed and or ignored ruin the experience. Hawaii is more engaging on your senses than Alaska.

Nothing seeing brown dust kicked up in the middle of winter on the FROZEN snow covered tundra..

xi9kW.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Wow, that Cub's got some range!

That's the range to the nearest other player.......

(On the other side of the temporal-spatial MS Warp-portal)

Whom I have no hope of finding. :sad:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Wow. Lots of nothing :Big Grin:

Shame about icing, I agree..Kind of takes the danger away a little; we can hope...

is it me or have the frame-rates taken a massive hit? I'm on a run from PAKT up the Clarence Straight (lots of trees) and my FPS is down at 20 or 25..what gives?

Anyway; loving it so far..windy :smile:

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Among other things.

I'm sorry.. I know it's only $15 but the subtle, but important details they just missed and or ignored ruin the experience. Hawaii is more engaging on your senses than Alaska.

Nothing seeing brown dust kicked up in the middle of winter on the FROZEN snow covered tundra.

Noted. I will also keep a record of the many little things they did right. At $15 I am willing to hand them a tiny bit of extra slack for now.

(Especially considering a cockpitless plane usually goes for $7)

I betcha somebody sticks your concerns on the beta site before the day is out, though. -_-

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 - Love it.

2 - An uncounted number of seaplane ports... and none of them have missions?? I've checked about a dozen so far. C'mon guys! "Pick up Joe Blow and fly him over to seaplane port X" isn't that hard to do. Hell, I'd even accept a couple standard burger runs until you get something more meaningful in there.

Who's peeking out from under a stairway

Calling a name that's lighter than air

Who's bending down to give me a rainbow

Everyone knows it's Windy

Who's tripping down the streets of the city

Smiling at everybody she sees

Who's reaching out to capture a moment

And Windy has stormy eyes

That flash at the sound of lies

And Windy has wings to fly

Above the clouds, above the clouds

Who's tripping down the streets of the city

Smiling at everybody she sees

Who's reaching out to capture a moment

Sorry, couldn't resist!!!

Devons rig

J van E it's funny reading your terrain comments above. Last I check flying over untouched wilderness is just that, repetative.

LOL You're right. I was focusing too much on the topdown view: luckily you never see the world like that when you fly. I guess I had to get used to untouched wilderness... It wasn't my brightest moment. :wink:

There is a huge difference between constantly griping about how much you hate Flight and how its not a sim, and expressing displeasure at the lack of aircraft without cockpits. I also think it would be rather interesting to see them ban a former MS Flight dev from an MS Flight forum. =)

Indeed. And another interesting thing to see would be me banning myself... :wink:

As an aside, if you fly far enough...........

I hope you didn't actually fly there because you can also simply rightclick on the map... :wink:

After flying some more...

1. ...I think we really need an airfield search option

2. ...I hope someone is able to find more detailed places (like Kodiak)

3. ...I'd like a flightplanner for such a large region

4. ...I'd like a GPS too because it's impossible to get everywhere using VOR and I don't like it at ALL to check the ingame map everytime during a flight

5. ...I think the mesh is of a lower resolution then I expected: the mountains look a lot like flowing hills (at least in the places where I have flown so far)

6. ...I think it's awesome nonetheless. :wink: Point 1 to 5 would make things even better, but I already love it as it is (after getting used to it a bit more... :wink: ) 15 dollars is a steal.

My city pictures were taken over Juneau, I believe. I saw several other places with ports, boats in the harbor, cranes..........

Places can also change a bit depending on the season. A location you found "Blah" in autumn can be absolutely spectacular in winter, and also the other way around. My first impressions are that the winter textures are the ones that got the most work, though.

Devons rig

Indeed. And another interesting thing to see would be me banning myself... :wink:

I banned myself from the Rag Tag Fleet for two weeks and I'm the one that owns it.

Wow. Lots of nothing :Big Grin:

Shame about icing, I agree..Kind of takes the danger away a little; we can hope...

is it me or have the frame-rates taken a massive hit? I'm on a run from PAKT up the Clarence Straight (lots of trees) and my FPS is down at 20 or 25..what gives?

I am getting 45-55 with a middle of the road processor I-5

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Why do they use a preschool map? I believe FAA sectionals are in the public domain, and even if they don't want to use that (because they can be intimidating) there are many options in between full on sectional and worthless-blobs-of-color.

+1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

As an aside, if you fly far enough........... :Sleepy:

You do indeed eventually end up flying over Nintendoland, circa 1990.

This brings up the question of what happens if you strike out for Hawaii. I will wait for a report from somebody crazy enough to try it.

2012627134418588.jpg

This just proves the whole world is actually there waiting to be developed. They've isolated us to regions and planes that can't fly that far but I'd be willing to bet if they wanted to the whole world is currently at play here just waiting for proper texturing and allot of features dormant that could get turned on...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Haven't read all the posts, but:

Did two $100 runs, both pax threw up!

Normal runs.

Also,VOR Nav ID don't function.

Anyone else have this?

And I am out of town on business... <sigh>

Gives me something to look forward to though, have fun gang!