Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

denver69

Camera simulation as well as the pilot keep awake thingie or PKAT

The pilot keep awake thingie or PKAT (technical term)what the heck is it called?)) would be a great option to be able to disable due to long oceanics while at work or sleep in the crew bunk(my bed). I just hope that is the case or not modeled at all. Those undercariage cameras I would think would be easy to model as they would just be FSX cameras superimposed on a gauge and would be pretty neat option to have.

Just my o2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's called the Crew Alertness Monitor. IIRC it is a customer option in real life, its hard to say whether PMDG will decide to model it or not though. I hope so and, yes, I hope it's an option. Sometimes I walk away for 20-25 minutes on long haul, don't really want to come back with the warbler screaming at me!

It gives you a message that says pilot respond every so often and the pilot must press some button to make it go away to tell it he is awake, if not it sounds this hellatiouse alarm. Makes it impossible to go to bed on a long transoceanic. I am sure it will be an option or not moddeled. Otherwise it would be a cruel joke by PMDG on it's customers. Would it not be funny? Maybe for the first 5 minutes.

Hehe, my VA has something exactly like that so they know we don't go to the water park during those long hauls, lol

It does something else beside the sound? cause we could turn the volume down... :Just Kidding:

The pilot keep awake thingie or PKAT (technical term)what the heck is it called?)) would be a great option to be able to disable due to long oceanics while at work or sleep in the crew bunk(my bed). I just hope that is the case or not modeled at all. Those undercariage cameras I would think would be easy to model as they would just be FSX cameras superimposed on a gauge and would be pretty neat option to have.

Just my o2

Most people call the pilot keep awake thingy "coffee".

Most people call the pilot keep awake thingy "coffee".

Not the PMDG fanboi's

They stay awake all night wondering if the tyre tread pattern and tread depth will be 100% accurate or if PMDG will model the wires that runs into the back of the ND..... if not there will be WAR!!!!....on the internet because in their mind they are really an airline pilot with 15 million type hours on a 777...infact they were the original designer for Boeing before some cover up by the government and their name isnt on the credits list.....

Not the PMDG fanboi's

Really? That one line discredited everything else you wrote.

In any case, I'd hardly say what you wrote would be constituted as a fanboi [sic] of the developer. Further, that supposedly pejorative has had little effect lately simply because people overuse it. Case in point, this situation.

Sorry guys if I'm off topic.... but i got to say this: every time i watch this video of the 777 from Air Canada, i cannot help thinking that Americans are definitely the best in Aviation (building aircrafts i mean). But lets just don't go there. I'm out !

Sorry guys if I'm off topic.... but i got to say this: every time i watch this video of the 777 from Air Canada, i cannot help thinking that Americans are definitely the best in Aviation (building aircrafts i mean). But lets just don't go there. I'm out !

As a Boeing employee, I most positively agree!

-Thong Do

-Thong Do

Thong you work at Boeing?! Best company in the world!

So is there a specific button for accepting this warning because in the video above the pilot sad any button/switch in the flight deck. Surely this would create problems though.

So is there a specific button for accepting this warning because in the video above the pilot sad any button/switch in the flight deck. Surely this would create problems though.

Why would it cause problems? If you use the A/P disengage or something to turn it off then yeah. But what you would do is hit something that has no effect like a synoptic page.

Why would it cause problems? If you use the A/P disengage or something to turn it off then yeah. But what you would do is hit something that has no effect like a synoptic page.

Lol, it's like if the pilots turn off the engines. :LMAO:

Lol, it's like if the pilots turn off the engines. :LMAO:

"Captain comes of his break: What on earth happened here?"

"Relief Pilot: I couldn't shut the thing up so I shut one of the engines of! Hay, we don't have an option to start one in flight for no reason"

Those undercariage cameras I would think would be easy to model as they would just be FSX cameras superimposed on a gauge and would be pretty neat option to have.

Would definitely appreciate it if you didn't declare things that have basically never been done in FS before to be "easy". Care to tell me how to display an FSX view window mapped onto an LCD screen in 3D? The VRS F/A-18 is the only aircraft I'm aware of that has any sort of camera functionality (for the targeting pod/maverick seeker) like this and I know for a fact that it wasn't easy.

Would definitely appreciate it if you didn't declare things that have basically never been done in FS before to be "easy". Care to tell me how to display an FSX view window mapped onto an LCD screen in 3D? The VRS F/A-18 is the only aircraft I'm aware of that has any sort of camera functionality (for the targeting pod/maverick seeker) like this and I know for a fact that it wasn't easy.

And I remember Rob mentioning VRS's work. Expect operating cameras, guys. :Party: (maybe)

And I remember Rob mentioning VRS's work. Expect operating cameras, guys. :Party: (maybe)

But.. one less excuse to look at the beautiful exterior.. Still would be good for parking and a nice view in-flight on the center lower screen!

I'd be kinda shocked if the camera's were modelled.

-Thong Do

As a person who wishes he was a Boeing employee, I second that!