Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom Allensworth

Scam with Flight Gear Simulator (another one)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yep, it's Flight Gear again. Buried on a sub page they even admit it. The 'company' is from Bangalore, India and there are zero email addresses I could locate on the web page, their 'support' page doesn't exist as it returns you to the main web page.

Really 'scary' stuff.

Yep, it's Flight Gear again. Buried on a sub page they even admit it. The 'company' is from Bangalore, India and there are zero email addresses I could locate on the web page, their 'support' page doesn't exist as it returns you to the main web page.

Really 'scary' stuff.

Yeah, and the really scary bit is they added this site to our Links Database. Not too cool.

Instead of buying this, you can if you like, send all your personal financial details to me, for I am a Nigerian Princess who recently came into a multi-billion Dollar fortune which I am willling to split 50/50 with you if I can use your bank account to transfer the money out of my homeland. email me at

LOLprincessfatimaofnigeria9999 - yeahright,I'marealprincess - @hotmailscamtastic.com/robyoublind/spendingspreewithyourvisacard/are peoplereallystillfallingforthiskindofscam?/sadly,yes,theyprobablyare/unfortunately/caveatemptor

Al

Truthfully Al... we've always suspected you were. ;)

Instead of buying this, you can if you like, send all your personal financial details to me, for I am a Nigerian Princess who recently came into a multi-billion Dollar fortune which I am willling to split 50/50 with you if I can use your bank account to transfer the money out of my homeland. email me at

LOLprincessfatimaofnigeria9999 - yeahright,I'marealprincess - @hotmailscamtastic.com/robyoublind/spendingspreewithyourvisacard/are peoplereallystillfallingforthiskindofscam?/sadly,yes,theyprobablyare/unfortunately/caveatemptor

Al

PM'd you with my bank account details, when do i get my money????Also , can you send some photographs 'cos you don't look like a princess to me.

Truthfully Al... we've always suspected you were. ;)

You mean a "Princess"? I never would have thought...

"Over 48 Programmers Work Together To Bring You The Single Most Advanced Flight Simulator Money Can Buy"

I love that, does "over 48" mean 48.5, or 48.75 maybe

:LMAO:

I think it means that only programmers born before about 1963 work on it.

Al

"The most realistic Flight Simulator"... :Just Kidding: :Just Kidding:

goldengate.jpg

I love their "real" testimonials they have up there. Give me a break! And the audio testimonial? They claim it's supposed to be unsolicited....it sounds like a radio announcer. No one talks like that normally.

Anyone that falls for this, well.....there's this saying 'a fool and his money are soon parted.'

Not calling anyone here a fool, but these guys seem to never stop and nothing can be done. All we can do is stay well informed and pass information on.

Really though, I know more scams then anyone can count exist in the world...but the flightsim community is SO small; do they really have to try and scam us too?

I guess if people try to scam senior citizens out of their social security checks, then the answer is yes.

I have reported that page to Facebook for spam/scam.

Their website, http://flightsimulatorplus.com/, is hosted by GoDaddy if anyone wants to file a report to them.

I liked the blurb header on that site --

Pilot & Flight Simulator Expert

"Huge" Miller?

"Huge" Miller?

He must eat a lot of curry.

Well I've tried Flight, Prepar3d and X-Plane 10. This one seems like a good deal, I'll give it a try and let you know if it's as good as it's cracked up to be.

Well I've tried Flight, Prepar3d and X-Plane 10. This one seems like a good deal, I'll give it a try and let you know if it's as good as it's cracked up to be.

You can get it for free here:

http://www.flightgear.org/

John

"Huge" Miller?