Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Awesome news for FS9 users

Ed the FS9 2D panel guru? I think he would endorse this actually. I remember reading him saying he enjoyed flying the Carenado Arrow, which is VC only as well.

Now over to you, Ed. :)

Hello, XML animation for models has transformed our aircraft....not just smooth animation for gears, flaps etc but most importantly for GA ...smooth 3D gauges in the VC.

A VC without smooth gauges (ADI/HSI) is a waste of time. To compare my old V35B and this new F33 is chalk and cheese.

Carenado could still improve on there programming skills...as I said earlier the instrument needles could do with delays, but their modelling/texture skills are top notch.

With VC's of this quality in GA or Helicopters (I do not like uber clean pits like Real Air's btw) my choice would be to use them with Track IR5.

But ...if I am flying heavy iron it is 2D only.

So you see I find GA and HI to be two completely different animals.

This lovely F33 by Carenado is the best GA aircraft in my hangar. IMO..

The aircraft looks absolutely outstanding - I'm just sorry I've so little interest in GA. No matter how I try or how nice the airplane, I always quickly go back to heavier airframes.

That might change if they do a TBMxxx for fs9 though, I do love a big nosed high performance single, probably more than twins.

Regards,

Mark

Yes I have tried virtual cockpits. I just don't like them. I appreciate the recommendations but I'm just not buying it if there is no 2d cockpit. Everyone has their own opinions and that's great. At least I've tried virtual but like I said they are not for me.

Bob

Just purchased.

very impressed with exterior and v. cockpit.

One complaint, as with other carenado products, panel lights only illuminate with landing light switch on.

Will need to create some alpha channels.

Mike

Just purchased.

very impressed with exterior and v. cockpit.

One complaint, as with other carenado products, panel lights only illuminate with landing light switch on.

Will need to create some alpha channels.

Mike

When you do please share... :blush:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Created alphas so panel lights come on with nav lights, do not know if/how I can post.

another bug- opening window also opens luggage compartment and vice versa.

Mike

Created alphas so panel lights come on with nav lights, do not know if/how I can post.

another bug- opening window also opens luggage compartment and vice versa.

Mike

Have you uploaded the update or should I send you a PM?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Noticed more things not working:

Nav1 and Nav2 dme not indicating

Yaw damper inoperative

decision height control very coarse

opening window also opens baggage door and vice versa

Mike

Hi.

Downloaded at the weekend... the first thing I noticed was that in terms of appearance this model (and its VC) is very difficult to beat.

The next thing I noticed was that the rudder suffers the ususal FS9 problem-- you can't fly a banked landing or force a spin from a stall, and can't sideslip. I confess that I quit flying after about 15 minutes because I also downloaded the RealAir SF260 for FS9, in which you can do all of those things, and spent the rest of the day playing with that.

I haven't looked for any other bugs yet. Maybe in the next few days.

Despite the foregoing, I'm very glad I bought the F33. It's perfect for longer, sight-seeing, cross country flights (I do a lot of that), while the SF260 is a plane that begs to be thrown around for fun.

Regards,

D

(yeurrrk. what happened to my font?)

Unfortunately, Realair has left us. What a shame. I agree, the SF260 is a lot of fun. I wish Realair would port their other aircraft over to Fs9.

No 2D panel... I implore all FS9ers to support this release. Out of all Caranado's FSX only add-ons there's got to be something you would like 2D panel or not. I can't believe the lack of a 2D panel would sway anyone with quality like this.

It would sway me not to buy. I use 2D panels almost exclusively, only very occasionally drop into a vc if one's available.

Have you uploaded the update or should I send you a PM?

Hey Dillon.. Is there an update to the F33A....Dennis

The joy of 2D panels...Big%20Grin.gif ....!

How else could you achieve such a comprehensive Panel layout, like the instrument panel in my Cessna 150 Aereobat, without a 2D panel, a universal hole cutter, and a copy of; "FS Panel Studio"...>>>>

http://www.simviatio.../1343965458.jpg

Everything you ever wanted in a GA Aircraft Panel!... :Party: ...!

Paul....Life Member of the "2D Panel Appreciation Society".... :wink: ...!

Have Hole Cutter...will travel!... :wink: ...!

Everything you ever wanted in a GA Aircraft Panel!... ...!

Not quite. Where is the RXP Sandel, TAW and Weather Radar?