Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

Beta 10.10 is out!

Works perfectly fine for me. Had to recalibrate my hardware, which took all of half a minute. Other than that, no issues.

Its working fine for me too. I didnt delete my preferences before updating. Could this be something that might make the difference between those who crash and those who are OK with the update?

Rob

Crashed here too, win 7 x64.

IMAC 27 here and no crash until I tried to LOAD an old replay lol -- I sent bug report. I noticed ARTIFACTS at night time CYYZ departure - long lines going up into the sky ... LOL

I heard HDR isn't even working now on some peoples systems. I think I'm just going to just lay low until they get this right - it's crazy!

This is really not helping them in a marketing strategy, stand point. People are going to get upset and turn away ...

Get this - I tried to save a REPLAY and it didn't save. I then tried to load an old replay and my mac just went into a constant loop - had to force quit plane 10. Not good.

I also see ARTIFACTS at CYYZ - on departure, I'm sure it would be at any airport though. I would assume this is an ATI MAC DRIVER issue maybe? was fine in previous Beta release 5r1

Can any of you save a flight on the replay reel? on Windows? I couldn't on my mac to save my life. I would save it, then try to load it and it wasn't listed.

Take care

Rob

Have a great evening everyone !

PS - I'm building an i7 Beast machine and picked up FSX -- as I don't want to trouble shoot this plane 10 stuff. I do tech support all day long and it's a big headache. :) as I think Laminar are about to find out :)

Maybe by the time I've built my new PC - and run FSX for a while - they will have this X plane 10 running MUCH BETTER :)

My two cents

Its working fine for me too. I didnt delete my preferences before updating. Could this be something that might make the difference between those who crash and those who are OK with the update?

Rob

Not sure. Deleting preferences is the exact same thing as deleting the FSX.cfg file. Restarting the sim just rebuilds them. I'm curious as to who has what plug ins installed that may be causing these crashes. Many plug ins are still "experimental" when it comes to XP10.

IMAC 27 here and no crash until I tried to LOAD an old replay lol -- I sent bug report. I noticed ARTIFACTS at night time CYYZ departure - long lines going up into the sky ... LOL

I heard HDR isn't even working now on some peoples systems. I think I'm just going to just lay low until they get this right - it's crazy!

This is really not helping them in a marketing strategy, stand point. People are going to get upset and turn away ...

There are quite a few people that need to get this "10.10 isn't working and this is not good for Laminar" mentality out of their head.

This is a Beta of 10.10. Not a stable release. If you don't want the beta, and you don't want to risk the bugs, uncheck the beta option in the installer and re-run the updater. It should revert back to 10.05.

Works flawlessly here, didn't had to delete my preferences either, but did had re-calibrate my Thrustmaster T.16000m

People need to remember Laminar is working towards 64bit and of course they got to work out the bugs, like Goran says, if you don't want to be part of the beta process, uncheck the beta option.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Being that this is my first post, I just want to say Greetings Fellow enthusiasts... Now the the info. Just updated to 10.10 and ran it without a crash(so far) I do want to mention that I am on a win7/64 system as I noticed that there was some of you who experienced crashes. Don't know if this will make any difference but this is a fresh re install of the op sys.( about two weeks) Still clean, no junk. Spcs should be in my profile.. So far all is well. Ciao..

Welcome Trance!

Im on the same setup, only had one crash, but was impressed by the new auto crash reporter.

Yes, this is a massive beta, expect it not to be perfect for awhile. Enjoy the fixes and improvements as they emerge.

The crash on startup is a joystick bug. If you connect a CH product joystick it CTD. The solution so far is to unplug the CH joysticks. I assume Laminar are working on the bug.

This is beta people, and that means bugs

If you get CTD, then run the installer, un-check the Beta box and it will revert back to 10.05r1 for you.

X Plane 10.10 Beta 1 will not load.

Loads up to " loading bitmap Resources/bitmaps/qfite.pmg " them the message x plane not responding or x plane not working.

Windows 7 64 bit.

Unfortunately there's no way to fully test some of this stuff without a beta - too many different hardware configurations out there and they're a small team. Never grab a first-release beta unless you're willing to deal with lots of crashes!Had the same problem and the bulk of it seems to be a joystick issue when it's crashing on startup.

Try starting up with the joystick unplugged. I got a response already on my bug submission so I think they're pretty well on top of it and should have it fixed in short order.

[Edit] Someone else posted this while I was typing up - I think it runs in Saiteks as well since I'm using the pro yoke and pedals.

truly unacceptable :o

It's a beta - didn't you read the disclaimer before downloading the beta? Uncheck the Beta box and rerun the installer to revert back to the stable release.

I'll give it a week or so to see if they release any hotfixes. Haven't had a lot of time to fly lately anyway. I am getting pretty amused by some of the reactions, though. Guess some people get their feelings hurt easily. :rolleyes:

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

I've now done a fair bit of focussed testing on 10.10B1.

1. If I unplugged all my joysticks and other contol inputs, then I got 10.10B1 up & running.

2. I could then plug in any joystick I liked and assign axes to command.

3. However the frame rate dropped considerably when I plugged in a stick.

4. If I shutdown X-Plane 10 and restarted with joysticks plugged in then there was no problem with crashing.

5. However if I rebooted my machine, then I would be unable to restart XP10 without unplugging my joysticks.

6. If I plugged a particular joystick (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro) into a particular USB port (front left on my case), then that would cause a crash to crash reporter.

So, it seems that the (completely rewritten) joystick code is acting strange. I've submitted bugs on each of the points above.

With joysticks unplugged, my frame rate compared to 10.05r1 under identical situations was only very slightly worse.

The usb devices seem to be an issue although the saitek panels are working ok right after the install. I finally did get the ch throttle quadrant working. I had to unplug and uncheck the ch option then plug in and check the option again. Interesting though, the default 72 keeps making an engine startup sounds but the engine is running fine and continuous. As far as performance, I don't see any major improvements at least for the 10 minutes I flew around. The only issue is with the joystick. It goes out of calibration and I have to recenter at times. I am running the 304.xx drivers.

Anyone else see any noticeable improvements in any category?

Bob