Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

Beta 10.10 is out!

I tried one quick flight to check out Austins plane and it did not crash for me. Maybe there is a pluggin conflict somewhere. I do have a lot of plugins installed though. Odd that some are having crashes.

Im using win 7 64.

Rob

I reverted back to 10.05r1 successfully using the updater.

I also have the Columbia 400 left over from the 10.10 update, so I had a quick look at that.

Graphically she's a nice bird, with opening doors and a G1000 avionics suite - somewhat newer looking than in the cirrus jet. Sounds are the same as the Baron, Stinson etc.... The avionics suite functionality is somwhat basic though - like the stock GNS430. You can control basic functions, but planning a flight is no good. G1000 contrast is washed out.

Crash here too win7-64..... How could they release it....enough is enough i'm going back to FSX

too much, too soon....

Crash here too win7-64..... How could they release it....enough is enough i'm going back to FSX

It's beta, you checked the box to download beta software.

I can run it on Linux, with the exception that it crashes when I put some shadows on.

The Columbia 400 looks very good !

Pascal

"Crash here too win7-64..... How could they release it....enough is enough i'm going back to FSX"

$80 down the drain, i feel your pain :(

$80 down the drain, i feel your pain :(

I wonder if some people can read. To download this release, you had to check a box called "Check for new betas as well as updates. Leave this off unless you want to participate in the X-Plane beta program!"

Nothing is down the drain. uncheck that box so your X-Plane installation can be reverted to the stable 10.05 release.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD X-PLANE BETA RELEASES IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO PARTICIPATE TO THE BETA PROGRAM. EXPECT BETA RELEASES TO BE BUGGY AND UNSTABLE.

Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Yer yer... All previous beta were at least working....

too much, too soon....

It is a beta, it is at your own risk, that is acknowledged.

I have a software background so I can at least say that this is not a nightly build, it's not a weekly build or at least it should not be.

It has been a long time between updates and you would expect that the version released to public was not a nightly build but one that had at least had some time of testing behind it.

With a gap of months since the last update I would think that they would get to run it before the public but given the information in the other thread I guess not.

So beta and beta risks aside I think we should expect just a little more and by a little more I think a build that has run OK on their systems for at least a few days.

If I was getting build that had a good chance of not running then I would be expecting to have access to weekly builds, but not expect it in bimonthly or longer.

BTW, this is not a rant about them giving out a build that doesnt run on someones computer. Even in final that is bound to happen to someone so that can be forgiven. It's just reading that they release a build without testing that makes it annoying.

For the people with crashing after the update, does it crash before you get to the new UI menu or when you load a flight or after flying for a few mins?

Rob

I wonder if some people can read. To download this release, you had to check a box called "Check for new betas as well as updates. Leave this off unless you want to participate in the X-Plane beta program!"

Nothing is down the drain. uncheck that box so your X-Plane installation can be reverted to the stable 10.05 release.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD X-PLANE BETA RELEASES IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO PARTICIPATE TO THE BETA PROGRAM. EXPECT BETA RELEASES TO BE BUGGY AND UNSTABLE.

Marco

I didn't download it yet! I will wait.

For the people with crashing after the update, does it crash before you get to the new UI menu or when you load a flight or after flying for a few mins?

Rob

Rob, It starts to load and gets to maybe 20%, then it crashes to desktop.

NAX669.png

truly unacceptable :o