Sign in to follow this  
EasyE

Incessant pop-up "avsim mobile app"

Not sure if I'm in the correct forum, if not I do apologize. Noticed just recently that when perusing the FS2 forums from my mobile I am unable to open any forum topics, or posts for that matter, without receiving an increasingly annoying pop-up inviting me to install the avsim mobile app from Google play. I don't want this app, don't need this app and on top of that, it's not free. Yet no matter how many times I click cancel it pops up again when I attempt to read another post or topic. Can someone tell me how to stop this harassing pop-up? And again, if this is the wrong forum to post this, please accept my apologies.

Not sure if I'm in the correct forum, if not I do apologize. Noticed just recently that when perusing the FS2 forums from my mobile I am unable to open any forum topics, or posts for that matter, without receiving an increasingly annoying pop-up inviting me to install the avsim mobile app from Google play. I don't want this app, don't need this app and on top of that, it's not free. Yet no matter how many times I click cancel it pops up again when I attempt to read another post or topic. Can someone tell me how to stop this harassing pop-up? And again, if this is the wrong forum to post this, please accept my apologies.

Thanks for letting us know that. It is the first we have heard of it. We'll look into it. However, we do not have a Google mobile function installed, so I am baffled where that would be coming from.

Thanks Tom. Appreciate the quick reply. Have a good evening.

I keep getting that too with my Android driven HTC Desire HD, it says "Get our Android app for easier viewing and posting on this forum, optional push notifications and more!"

It only just started doing that some time these last few days.

I am also getting a popup on my iPad everytime I enter a sub forum or open an unread topic inviting me to install the forumrunner app.

I can confirm this happens on my.ipad as of recently

It wants to install forum runner which is not free

And on my iPhone. Annoying.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Just been searching google to see if it was my iPad settings, to see ifthere was anyway to turn it off and came across this thread, gets really annoying

Steve Merriman

Eric sent me this earlier:

Hey Tom, I think I may have solved the issue listed above. Apparently Google added a 'Googlemob' setting on their latest update which automatically suggests apps based on your mobile internet usage and most visited sites. I discovered it today and it is activated by default. Since turning it off I've no longer experienced the problem. It kept trying to sell me a notification push app for avsim. Anyway, problem solved. Thanks for the help.

Please turn that off in your device and you will have the annoying app turned off.

Thanks Tom, it worked for me.

For iPad/iPhone chrome users (may work for others), you can turn this setting off by hitting the button on the top right with the three horizontal lines, then settings > privacy > suggestions > off.

It took me a while to find it,

in google settings,

Web History, Disable customisations based on search activity.

Seems To have done the trick,

many thanks

Steve

Steve Merriman

Thanks Tom, it worked for me.

For iPad/iPhone chrome users (may work for others), you can turn this setting off by hitting the button on the top right with the three horizontal lines, then settings > privacy > suggestions > off.

This hasn't worked for me unfortunately. Im using chrome on an ipad, restarted the Google chrome app as well, but I still get this popup. Turning on/off suggestions is to complete searches in the omnibar. I sometimes get the Tapatalk app on other websites trying to send me to the Apple app store, which is very similar to this. Maybe its something in the iPad settings. Thanks for trying to help though.

Rhydian

Rhydian

Doesn't seem to be happening for me, it only pops up once and then I click cancel and can read as long as I want

All, this issue should be resolved. Clear your cache and refresh. :smile: