Sign in to follow this  
Tamer008

hello guys.....what is the best virtual airlines in europe that fly 737NGs ?

But there isn't even a product being sold on the VA's website. Wow.

The reasoning was bizarre to say the least. If railroads used the same logic as airlines, model railroading would have died decades ago.

NAX669.png

The reasoning was bizarre to say the least. If railroads used the same logic as airlines, model railroading would have died decades ago.

Wow. If I lived in Germany I would definitely not fly Air Berlin just for that!

I tried out british air virtual once. They required you to fly with their acars, and every 40 min or so a message would pop up that you had to click OK on or else acars would close and you wouldn't get credit for the flight.

I thought it was a cheap way to force people to always be at their computer. First and last flight I did for them.

I fly for FlyUK, I find them to be an excellent VA :) They fly both the -700 and -800 so it's nice to switch between the two. Plus they also fly the MD11F (yayyyy!) and also have the A320 - to which I eagerly await the FlightSimLabs version.

Diego,

The answer that Air Berlin gave was that they felt that their customers would be confused and try to buy tickets on the Air Berlin Virtual site. HUH? I've been in the airline industry for the last 33 years. Never underestimate the stupidity of airline executives.

It doesn't even have to be people actually trying to buy tickets. It could just be people googling Air Berlin, ending up on the VA site, getting confused that they can't buy a ticket and going to a competitor instead. There are also other possible legal reasons such as not having control over what other things are shown on the VA site (e.g. advertising banners) or losing trademark rights due to not protecting the trademark. I remmber seeing an email from Thompson once (posted by someone who wanted to set up a Thompson VA) which stated it would take quite some manhours from their legal department in order to draw up an agreement that would make them happy, and it was just not worth the effort.

I've been in a few good VAs but I really enjoy the flexibilty and variety of the Flying Tigers Group.

You sign up for one of the supported airlines in the group but once in you can fly any scheduled flight of any airline in the group.

This allows for much variety and for me avoids the VA "hopping" I used to do when I got fed up of always using the same livery or always flying in the same region.

Good news is you can fly any plane that has a scheduled flight (and there are a lot all over the world) and therefore don't have to start with a prop etc.

Also the minimum is 1 flight every 90 days so no pressure there if you're working and sometimes pushed for spare time.

Regards

David

^_^

I fly for FlyUK, I find them to be an excellent VA :) They fly both the -700 and -800 so it's nice to switch between the two. Plus they also fly the MD11F (yayyyy!) and also have the A320 - to which I eagerly await the FlightSimLabs version.

I'm also in FlyUK and very happy with that, they also do flights both on VATSIM and IVAO as well as their own FSD server and offline.

If you're intrested in online flight I'd also recommend it, they provide the vatsim P1 and P2 ratings (VATSIMs new pilot training program) which are great for people intrested in starting with online flight. They also have a training academy that can teach you more about flying if you're looking for that.

Or you do like me, join and just fly because it's fun :) (I had I belive 300 hours as a pilot on vatsim when I joined so I didn't feel I needed P-ratings, may take them later for fun though).

I tried out british air virtual once. They required you to fly with their acars, and every 40 min or so a message would pop up that you had to click OK on or else acars would close and you wouldn't get credit for the flight..

dipping-bird.jpg

dipping-bird-reprise.jpg

You're welcome to join Platinum Airways. We combine the freedom of Open Skies (fly the mission of your choice with the aircraft of your choice at the time of your choice) with five hubs, including EBBR. We also have a Destination of the Week and military, cargo and relief flights.

I tried out british air virtual once. They required you to fly with their acars, and every 40 min or so a message would pop up that you had to click OK on or else acars would close and you wouldn't get credit for the flight.

I thought it was a cheap way to force people to always be at their computer. First and last flight I did for them.

It's once every hour and your given 10 minutes to send a position report. And there has been one or two occasions where I have missed it but so long as I check how long I have till the hour then have no problem with it, its just to stop someone sleeping the whole way from LHR to LAX. If you don't like that then I suggest to you not to fly for Thomson VA, I haven't flown with it yet but their ACARS now does the same thing but at random times and records how long it takes for you to respond and shows it on your flight report for the person reviewing it.

Diego,

The answer that Air Berlin gave was that they felt that their customers would be confused and try to buy tickets on the Air Berlin Virtual site. HUH? I've been in the airline industry for the last 33 years. Never underestimate the stupidity of airline executives.

Bizarre I know but this also happened to a friend of mine who started and ran a cargo VA (which is still operational and high up there) and some Chicago lawyer with nothing to do decided to say that people may go to their website and try and send mail...............

Check my signature. You can fly for any airline, any airframe and there are literally thousands of different real world flight routes that you can bid on and fly. It's my favourite type of virtual airline because it doesn't restrict you to flying with one airline, the only restrictions are that you have to start off with smaller aircraft until you gain more hours and promotions and become high enough ranked to fly the 737.

Link here again: http://www.phoenixva.org/

As KillerKlient said, we have a huge assortment of airlines with complete 737 schedules throughout Europe and the rest of the world. WIth PVA you can fly the 737 in Europe with the likes of Ryanair, Thomson, Jet2, TUIfly, British Airways, Air Berlin, Germania, Neos, Jetairfly, Malev, Air Europa, KLM, Transavia ,Brussels Airways, Luxair, Tarom, Czech Air, LOT and many more!

i5-10600K 4.6 gHZ | GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | G.SKILL 32GB (16 GB x2) DDR4 | Corsair H115i RGB 280mm Cooler | 500 GB SANDISK SSD + 2 TB SATA III

Premier Virtual Airlines
www.premiervirtual.org