Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

How to generate a random flight?

Hi guys, I'd like a free utility or a web based one that randomly generates flights for me setting departure airport, maximum NM to fly, minimum runway lenght, maximum flight hours. I know this question was already posted but replies are all very dated.

I only found Destination Finder V 2.0 (I have yet to try it), do you know something else for free?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

You could use this...

http://fourflights.com/

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Pity you don't want to spend money on it otherwise Ideal Flight seems the best solution for you by far. But it's not free (it's even quite expensive, really...). I will post a link to it anyway (in case someone only reads the topic title and does want to spend money on it :wink: ).

http://www.codelegend.com/idealflight/

BTW I don't own the product but I've read enough about it to know that this would be your best (payware) bet for generating random flights.

Far as I can tell this site only lists random destinations.

And FourFlights appears to be USA area only.

Might have to try Ideal Flight again but the site doesn't list a limited demo any more? Or is the full version a demo and you purchase to fully unlock it?

Ideal Flight is awesome for this purpose! It was the one feature that was lacking for me in FSX, since I didn't just want to fly the real life routes.

Pity you don't want to spend money on it otherwise Ideal Flight seems the best solution for you by far. But it's not free (it's even quite expensive, really...). I will post a link to it anyway (in case someone only reads the topic title and does want to spend money on it :wink: ).

http://www.codelegend.com/idealflight/

BTW I don't own the product but I've read enough about it to know that this would be your best (payware) bet for generating random flights.

he doesn't *need* to pay for it for just random flights, IdealFlight works in 'unregistered mode' just fine (albeit with popups reminding you you haven't registered when you do certain things). Random flight plans are one of the things that you can do in unregistered mode.

Of course, he may later decide that he wants some feature (probably the missions) that is registered version only.

Thankyou guys, yesterday I tried deeply Destination Finder and it's absolutely fantastic and veru useful for my purpose, give a try, and let me know.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Do any of the suggestions above plan out multiple stops and different planes? You know, like you might get on a real flight having a connection in between.

I tried the Ideal Flight demo and could not see a way to do this?