Sign in to follow this  
captainsazzman

Mood Lighting?

Im not sure if this has been asked before but will the PMDG 777X feature boeing's new sky interior lighting that can be controlled by the FMC? or

will it be OFF/ON andbrightness control like the NGX. It would be nice when flying in FSX at night to see the cabin light up Purple or something as

the -200LR cruises; just putting it out there.

-If this post seems irrelevant you may delete it

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Holy cow, what are they gonna ask for next??

Release tomorrow? No.. today? B)

Release tomorrow? No.. today? B)

Flip dont say that Luke. It will be you in front of the firing squad next...

Holy cow, what are they gonna ask for next??

There's nothing wrong with people asking for a feature, or even suggesting it.

I didn't say there was..Why not ask for a shower in the pilots seat!!! LOL!

Can we get peanuts on all the tray tables too? :LMAO:

But in all honesty, I don't see PMDG going any further with the interior than they did with the NGX. (Which was more than they had done before) PMDG is the company (at least how I see them) that models systems and accurate details in the cockpit with as much eye candy as possible. Beyond the cockpit (i.e- cabin) it stops. Probably 90% of the people couldn't care less about what it looked like behind the cockpit door. After all, the cockpit will be where most of the time is spent.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

But in all honesty, I don't see PMDG going any further with the interior than they did with the NGX. (Which was more than they had done before) PMDG is the company (at least how I see them) that models systems and accurate details in the cockpit with as much eye candy as possible. Beyond the cockpit (i.e- cabin) it stops. Probably 90% of the people couldn't care less about what it looked like behind the cockpit door. After all, the cockpit will be where most of the time is spent.

Personally I fall into the 10%, and I don't think so, I love the wingviews,

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I dunno about you guys, but every time I've been in an airliner at night, the cabin lights are off. So you wouldn't see much outside the windows during flight...

I dunno about you guys, but every time I've been in an airliner at night, the cabin lights are off. So you wouldn't see much outside the windows during flight...

For takeoff and landing the lights are off, cruise is a different story. How would the FA's do their in flight service and other cabin functions if the lights are off?

I'm pretty sure most people are talking about how the cabin lights will look from the outside.

In my experience lighting at night is mostly off for sleep reasons however they come back on again for meals, otherwise they're off.

What I have found annoying is at night being next to the window I like to crack the shade open a touch to check out the wing/lights/stars from time to time (to kill time) but a FA often comes around and tells me to shut it for other passengers comfort... it is barely open and pretty much no (if any) light coming in.. but it's ok for everyone to sit there with their own dome light.. but not to peak outside. damn them.

For takeoff and landing the lights are off, cruise is a different story. How would the FA's do their in flight service and other cabin functions if the lights are off?

I'm pretty sure most people are talking about how the cabin lights will look from the outside.

In my experience lighting at night is mostly off for sleep reasons however they come back on again for meals, otherwise they're off.

Think emergencies, guys. At night our eyes have to adjust to darkness. Now imagine evacuating from a bent up aircraft that went from lights on to utter darkness. You'd be effectively blind.

It's the same reason red lights or very dim bulbs are used for most GA aircraft. So our eyes (or the photo-receptive "rods" in our eyes) are adjusted to the darkness for traffic avoidance, etc.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

What I have found annoying is at night being next to the window I like to crack the shade open a touch to check out the wing/lights/stars from time to time (to kill time) but a FA often comes around and tells me to shut it for other passengers comfort... it is barely open and pretty much no (if any) light coming in.. but it's ok for everyone to sit there with their own dome light.. but not to peak outside. damn them.

I brought up the dome light rebuttle one time during a night flight and the FA never bothered me again.

Think emergencies, guys. At night our eyes have to adjust to darkness. Now imagine evacuating from a bent up aircraft that went from lights on to utter darkness. You'd be effectively blind.

It's the same reason red lights or very dim bulbs are used for most GA aircraft. So our eyes (or the photo-receptive "rods" in our eyes) are adjusted to the darkness for traffic avoidance, etc.

It's honestly amazing that these things have to be taken into consideration.

Nice reply.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue