Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

KPHX Phoenix Intl - FlightBeam Studios - Almost Ready!

Dicko- I'm not fabricating a story! I've researched this! I live in SF don't you think I'd want it to work? I'm not the only one with this issue! It's happened to others also with addon airport scenery! Look into it before flying off the handle! Thanks. Oh, and if any one knows how to fix this I would appreciate it!

ps I love Fscommander AND KSFO by Flightbeam!....terrific products!

BTW The Fscommander error message says, upon trying to save a flightplan to load into FSX... "flightplans cannot be saved with airports without runways"

This doesn't happen to me, I have a plan generated from KSFO to KLAX by FSC with no issues. The only issue I have with KSFO is that the orientation of the airport, the runway headings seem to be out a couple of degrees to what is shown on the charts. I have been using FSC for years and have never heard of this problem. I have version 9.1.1 and have not updated to the latest version.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

.... The only issue I have with KSFO is that the orientation of the airport, the runway headings seem to be out a couple of degrees to what is shown on the charts. ....

I think California must have slipped a few more feet from recent earthquakes, LOL... As an example, I noticed the very recent charts for KLAX ILS's were updated to 251 degrees. All my PMDG NavData 1208, and FSDT scenery still had those ILS's at 249. I continue to use 249 vice the recent chart data from FlightAware, as that is what my scenery and aircraft currety have.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi,

I have their KSFO working with P3D just fine. I don't think KPHX is going to be a problem.

Mike, how were you able to migrate KSFO to P3D? Thanks!

Hi,

You'll have to wait on the new standalone addon manager from FSDT (should be available in a few days) for P3D, once that's installed into P3D, just copy KSFO and any other directories/sub directories from FSX into P3D (I'll have to look to give you the exact folders) then activate via the stand alone pull down menu that will be displayed in P3D. The same goes for Cloud9's airport, this has worked just fine for me in the past. You will also have to manually edit your scenery.cfg file to add KSFO.

It may sound like a lot of work, but its rather simple and easy to do. You may even be able to install KSFO directly into P3D, if that works, all that's left is to manually activate and manually add the KSFO airport into P3D's scenery config file.

I did not do it that way. I went the copy from FSX, paste into P3D, manually add KSFO into the scenery.cfg file and manually activate KSFO via the pull down menu.

Mike, how were you able to migrate KSFO to P3D? Thanks!

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Dicko- I'm not fabricating a story! I've researched this! I live in SF don't you think I'd want it to work? I'm not the only one with this issue! It's happened to others also with addon airport scenery! Look into it before flying off the handle! Thanks. Oh, and if any one knows how to fix this I would appreciate it!

ps I love Fscommander AND KSFO by Flightbeam!....terrific products!

BTW The Fscommander error message says, upon trying to save a flightplan to load into FSX... "flightplans cannot be saved with airports without runways"

Phil,

I never understood why FSC support has had such a hard time making the solution to this well known problem a sticky in their forum. I eventually got tired of the error message you mentioned and experimented for hours and days to find the solution.

FSC creates a scenerycfg.fsc in you FSX root directory. Problem is, it bases it of your scenery.cfg that's located in that same FSX directory. However, depending on your install that scenery.cfg is not the one FSX updates when installing a new scenery.

Solution: find the scenery.cfg that is actually the one FSX updates/uses (might be in the FSX/roaming folder, sorry I'm not at my simming PC and don't quite remember. Do a search for the most recently updated scenery.cfg on your PC, make a copy, rename the copy to "scenerycfg.fsc" and copy it (and overwrite) into your FSX directory and VOILA!!!!

Hopes this makes sense, it fixed it on my system and I don't get that dreaded no runway error message anymore and all airports show perfectly in FSC.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Ah yes..good old Sky Harbor...I worked as an avionics tech there at Sawyer Aviation in the radio shop. Got lots of right seat time too in many Cessna models....not a bad benefit. I recall it was during one of the visits from the Concorde while I was there and we all got on the roof of the shop and were awed by that beautiful bird. Must have been around 1976-79 in there somewhere. Cessna's sales slogan then was "We mean Business"

I can't accss the product page. It looks like it has been released.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I had sales tax :( - $37 and change...

Anyway beautiful product!!! fps about the same as SFO...

Untitled-103.jpg

Also a quick note: If you buy the product on the web page, and when you get into FSX and enter the serial, you'll have to restart FSX otherwise your buildings will disappear.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi,

SWEET, download just finished. If this installs directly into P3D, I'll should be able to add all my FSDT without waiting for an update from FSDT. That would really be nice.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I am happy and ready to start a flight but it was just a tad more than I wanted to pay. Oh well I am sure it will be worth it.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg