Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

737guy

So Long NG!

Well,

After almost 5500 hours in the 737NG, I'm moving on... It was a tough decision, made easier with a few things that are going on with my airline... Short of my time on the Mad Dog, and the F-111 in the Air Force, I've never been more fond of an aircraft... Well, there were a few years as an FO on the MD-11, but I digress...

I'll be moving on to the 757/767, which will net me (I hope) a better long term quality of live based on a few things going on with my airline, and where I am based. So with that, I share a very recent shot when I had the good fortune to bum a ride on FlagShip Detroit (DC-3). Thats the Freedom Tower up ahead. Second pic is of my new office.... Fire away any NG questions you may have, while I still remember things! :)

615513_10151000035743192_584678800_o.jpg

21072_214617658191_2575626_n.jpg

Congratulations on the equipment switch! Hope classes are a blast! If you need company in the sim, I make a pretty decent co-pilot. B)

Congratulations!

One question pops in mind though. Has it ever happened that you that you though "stupid 737, I wish I was in another plane" at a particular moment?

Regards,

Manfred

Congratulations!

One question pops in mind though. Has it ever happened that you that you though "stupid 737, I wish I was in another plane" at a particular moment?

Regards,

Manfred

Manfred - I think only Airbus pilots feel that way! Just%20Kidding.gifJust%20Kidding.gif

I'd like to know if a Line Pilot ever actually gets sick of flying the line?

Sure, I know a few people that have felt this way. I love my job, but the industry is brutal, and it can be easy to get fed up at times... Some guys just bid reserve duty with the hope of a little down time, others leave....

Congratulations on the equipment switch! Hope classes are a blast! If you need company in the sim, I make a pretty decent co-pilot. B)

You got it Zach! If nothing else, I'll send you all the Powerpoint stuff so you can study up! :)

You got it Zach! If nothing else, I'll send you all the Powerpoint stuff so you can study up! :)

If company is okay with it, absolutely!

Manfred - I think only Airbus pilots feel that way! Just%20Kidding.gifJust%20Kidding.gif

but the industry is brutal,

That's an understatement. After 33 years I'm ready to get out. I love my job, I'm just not real fond of the people I do it for. (No, I'm not a pilot.)

congrats on the change . 757s are my current office i was with Southwest,s 737s before .....

Hey congrats...must be quite a switch to go from a newer glass cockpit to the older 763 layout (or are you on 762's?).

At least your new office has more room, and you get that soothing brown ambiance instead of the steel grey.

Maybe you can get on Level-D's good side and give us some insider info. :P

Thanks guys! I'll share some pics from ground school through being released to the line...

Congrats.

I always thought that the 757 was super-sexy.

now THAT would be a great PMDG aircraft!

My buddy is really hating what the 737 NG is doing to his quality of life as well, he's going to switch to longer haul again once he got enough hours on the NG. The NG seems like hard work compared to say the 744

Well,

After almost 5500 hours in the 737NG, I'm moving on... It was a tough decision, made easier with a few things that are going on with my airline... Short of my time on the Mad Dog, and the F-111 in the Air Force, I've never been more fond of an aircraft... Well, there were a few years as an FO on the MD-11, but I digress...

I'll be moving on to the 757/767, which will net me (I hope) a better long term quality of live based on a few things going on with my airline, and where I am based. So with that, I share a very recent shot when I had the good fortune to bum a ride on FlagShip Detroit (DC-3). Thats the Freedom Tower up ahead. Second pic is of my new office.... Fire away any NG questions you may have, while I still remember things! :)

21072_214617658191_2575626_n.jpg

First of all I would like to express my pleasure having you here in this forum and thanks in advance for your time.

I have a question, not strictly related to tech matters..... could you please briefly describe an episode where you had professional issues with a collegue during flight, even if she/he was a crew member. Better if the episode will speak about an F/O or a pilot, which was the cause and how you managed to solve the issue, beside of course executing the captain orders.

Thanks in advance

MarkII:

I've flown with my fair share of captains that presented a challenge to work with in the past, but never to the point where we were not able to focus on the task at hand. I will say this, I have seen a few younger FOs that at times are more focused on playing digital iPhone footsie with an FA than focusing on pre-flight. Usually a calm but firm comment snaps them back to attention. All said, I make sure to let my crew know I value them being there, and that they are a hugely important part of getting the aircraft from Point A to Point B, and that I want their input at all times...

Much appreciated.

I know what you mean about younsgters fiddling with smart phones...I have the same " issue " in my job, even if, unluckily, it's not aviation related :(

playing digital iPhone footsie

The last time i saw this all i had to say was" Hey you know I always wonder what would happen if you flush the iphone on a airplane toilet??? "

The last time i saw this all i had to say was" Hey you know I always wonder what would happen if you flush the iphone on a airplane toilet??? "

LOL! I will have to try that next time it happens.

Well,

That's awesome. Did you end up taking the DC-3 picture?

Ken,

Sorry, I don't have a pic of the DC-3 that I can find at the moment.

Thanks