Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bic

GTX560 worth it?

Overclock that 920 and try and spring for the 560ti.

Matt Wilson

Well, it's all ready OC'd by some, I can't seem to get it higher with the mobo, ram and fan combination that I have.

Of course I forgot to mention I use FSX primarily.

i7 4790k @ 4.5 ghz AsRock Z97 Extreme4 G.Skil 16 gig 1600 Samsung 840 Pro EVGA 1070 various GF

The 560 is definitely faster than a 260, no question. $139 is a good price too. Everyone looking at a 560 series card wants a Ti or even Ti 448, but the plain old 560 is still good.

I think it really comes down to how often you want to upgrade your video card... I've got a GTX460

and it does the job nicely - but a 660Ti would no doubt be faster..

Here some of the key specs (for FSX) 260-460-560-660Ti

Bandwidth GB/sec 112 - 115 - 128 - 144

Texture Fill Rate 37 - 38 - 48 - 102

Bert

Yes, a 660Ti would be faster. And $160 more expensive, more than twice the cost. If the OP were looking for $300 video cards he probably would've asked about one.

Yes, a 660Ti would be faster. And $160 more expensive, more than twice the cost. If the OP were looking for $300 video cards he probably would've asked about one.

Always a voice of reason! The OP brings up such a subjective question, one can't answer it without covering all of the exhaustive financial, bang-for-buck questions.

At $139, YES. Grab it!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I went from a GTX 285 to a 560 Ti last year with my i7-920@4Ghz and didn't regret it at all. Saw a good improvement in FSX and other games like Empire Total War and so on.

Subjectively, I would rather keep the $139, and upgrade to the 660Ti in a year's

time when the price has dropped a bit.. but not my decision, obviously.. :huh:

Bert

The 560 is definitely faster than a 260, no question. $139 is a good price too. Everyone looking at a 560 series card wants a Ti or even Ti 448, but the plain old 560 is still good.

I have the plain 560 and have been pretty happy with it overall.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

560ti coming tomorrow, will let you know...

i7 4790k @ 4.5 ghz AsRock Z97 Extreme4 G.Skil 16 gig 1600 Samsung 840 Pro EVGA 1070 various GF

Plain 560 here with an OC.

Runs FSX great!

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
16gb DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

31%
    $7,775.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now