Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bic

GTX560 worth it?

Well, it's all ready OC'd by some, I can't seem to get it higher with the mobo, ram and fan combination that I have.

Of course I forgot to mention I use FSX primarily.

The 560 is definitely faster than a 260, no question. $139 is a good price too. Everyone looking at a 560 series card wants a Ti or even Ti 448, but the plain old 560 is still good.

I think it really comes down to how often you want to upgrade your video card... I've got a GTX460

and it does the job nicely - but a 660Ti would no doubt be faster..

Here some of the key specs (for FSX) 260-460-560-660Ti

Bandwidth GB/sec 112 - 115 - 128 - 144

Texture Fill Rate 37 - 38 - 48 - 102

Yes, a 660Ti would be faster. And $160 more expensive, more than twice the cost. If the OP were looking for $300 video cards he probably would've asked about one.

Yes, a 660Ti would be faster. And $160 more expensive, more than twice the cost. If the OP were looking for $300 video cards he probably would've asked about one.

Always a voice of reason! The OP brings up such a subjective question, one can't answer it without covering all of the exhaustive financial, bang-for-buck questions.

At $139, YES. Grab it!

I went from a GTX 285 to a 560 Ti last year with my i7-920@4Ghz and didn't regret it at all. Saw a good improvement in FSX and other games like Empire Total War and so on.

Subjectively, I would rather keep the $139, and upgrade to the 660Ti in a year's

time when the price has dropped a bit.. but not my decision, obviously.. :huh:

The 560 is definitely faster than a 260, no question. $139 is a good price too. Everyone looking at a 560 series card wants a Ti or even Ti 448, but the plain old 560 is still good.

I have the plain 560 and have been pretty happy with it overall.

560ti coming tomorrow, will let you know...

Well, it's all ready OC'd by some, I can't seem to get it higher with the mobo, ram and fan combination that I have.

Of course I forgot to mention I use FSX primarily.

So what cooler do you use? Intel stock? If your 920 is only capable of 2.87GHz you got a real sour one.Enjoy your new 560ti

Yes, I have the stock cooler. I think the timing on my ram my be limiting the OC ability as well.

Just an update, I got the 560ti and it was definitely worth the extra dollars.

Yes, I have the stock cooler. I think the timing on my ram my be limiting the OC ability as well.

Just an update, I got the 560ti and it was definitely worth the extra dollars.

It's good news that you are happy with your 560ti.Now invest a few more dollars on an aftermarket cooler and overclock that i7 920 of yours properly. It's not unusual to get the up to around 4GHz. As long as you drop your memory divider you'll be able to up your BCLK using your current RAM.