Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mabe54

They better turn the bad luck off soon...

I'd love to post a real long post here right now, but I've a feeling I may be slightly biased against those b*****ds (Nice people).... :mellow:

Regards,

Ró.

That was some pretty significant damage to the 767.

I think the worst thing was they didn't even tell the AA pilots and instead let them cross the Atlantic unaware of the damage to their control surfaces. And the Captain is still flying for FR, as a FO. Interestingly enough, she was the same Captain that went off the runway up at Preswick on landing. If I were in AA management I'd have pressed charges against the crew.

Regards,

Ró.

I'd have pressed charges against the crew.

Is it too late to do that?

Yeah that is something. Same sort of bad attitude like backing into someones car in a parking lot and just driving away....only in this case flight safety is a major factor.

I agree. If I was AA I would have pursued charges as well.

Don't know if it's too late to press charges or not, but as far as I know, the Consumer Group in Spain is attempting to have Ryanair barred from their Airspace due to the incident in Madrid a couple weeks back.

I think it'd be closer to backing into someones car, nicking their brake lines, and deciding there's no need to tell them because you're already late and your boss will fire you if your late again... Just the Ryanair Safety / Corporate culture... <_<

Regards,

Ró.

These multiple incidents have made me kind of suspicious about Ryanair safety culture and especially how much pressure pilots have not to be delayed / to take extra fuel even when it's needed for flights safety. Money should never go over safety.

If their safety culture truly is as bad as these incidents make it seem I wonder if they are finally going to run out of luck at some point...

"On June 28th, 2012, Professional surfer Toby Donachie, 19, was supposed to be flying to the south of France, but ended up in Sweden."

Given the occupation, I fault the passenger as much as the airline. :lol:

I queried Ryanair's safety record on another (p****e) forum some time back and got blasted by most respondents. I never liked travelling with them and avoid them if I can, not least because of their appalling attitude towards staff. In fact I saw MOL interviewed on an Irish TV show some time back and IMHO the man is an evil piece of work. Unfortunately he is held in high esteem in Ireland , some even suggesting he should play a roll in running the country.

I queried Ryanair's safety record on another (p****e) forum some time back and got blasted by most respondents. I never liked travelling with them and avoid them if I can, not least because of their appalling attitude towards staff. In fact I saw MOL interviewed on an Irish TV show some time back and IMHO the man is an evil piece of work. Unfortunately he is held in high esteem in Ireland , some even suggesting he should play a roll in running the country.

MOL would destroy this country if it were ever handed over to him. It's about time he retired, he's doing no-one any good. I'm just praying he doesn't get the all clear from the EU to take us over or we're royally screwed, he'd destroy Irish aviation and have a monopoly within a month of taking us over.... He deserves to be put in a box somewhere and buried far far away from humanity, he's radio active....

Regards,

Rónán.

I'm just praying he doesn't get the all clear from the EU to take us over or we're royally screwed

I wouldn't like to be working for Aer Lingus with this looming over me. Equally though the Irish travelling public will also be royally screwed. I would imagine the cost of getting to airports like Heathrow and CDG would climb very quickly. I don't know or understand the intricacies of such a takeover ( if you could call it that) but I have a very bad feeling about it.

Please Ro, tell us how you really feel lol

That being said I agree with most of what you say about him. I also hope that the EU won't let him take you guys over

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

Please Ro, tell us how you really feel lol

*Sits on therapists couch*

"Well I think it all started when I was 4... " :P

I wouldn't like to be working for Aer Lingus with this looming over me. Equally though the Irish travelling public will also be royally screwed. I would imagine the cost of getting to airports like Heathrow and CDG would climb very quickly. I don't know or understand the intricacies of such a takeover ( if you could call it that) but I have a very bad feeling about it.

Indeed, and it all was going so well for the past 2 years, such high moral and a great atmosphere among all the staff, CM is great like that, You can bet wages will be slashed, we'll say no, strike, then he'll just shut us down saying we were too unprofitable despite the fact that we're more profitable than Ryanair per passenger flown... :Rolling Eyes:

Just pray it doesn't get through... :Praying: :Praying: :Praying:

Regards,

Rónán

The only thing I can think of us perhaps AA is keeping good terms with RA to possibly buy/sell or maintain 737's between them. Both are heavy 737 users.

Being in Canada I'm glad I don't have to consider Ryan air as a travel option.

When I heard the ceo wanted to install pay to use bathrooms... And that he was actually serious, I pretty much dismissed this company as anything but pure trash right there.

I'm sure after a few "accidents" in the seats they would have reversed that policy real quick.

The only thing I can think of us perhaps AA is keeping good terms with RA to possibly buy/sell or maintain 737's between them. Both are heavy 737 users.

I don't think so, FR don't play ball with anyone else, FR are currently in the market for about 150 aircraft but the funny thing is, due to MOL rabbiting on about how he "Raped" Boeing for their first 400, and having used Airbus in the process, now neither are willing to sell them to him at anything other than book price, which ruins FR's business model which is basically based on selling aircraft for more than they bought them and illegal local subsidies....

Regards,

Ró.

.......except possibly the Chinese or Russians

http://www.independe...ts-2527367.html

Wasn't it a Russian MS-21 that flew into the side of a mountain in Indonesia recently?

That was a SSJ-100.

Ryanair will never buy Chinese, Russian or Bombardier aircraft, the production rates aren't fast enough, the EIS is too far out, their capacity is too low, their dispatch reliability is not proven. They need either Airbus or Boeing, but neither are willing to play MOL's game... They also need the aircraft soon as their current aircraft have to be sold off while they're still young to be sure that FR makes a profit on them, if they keep selling them off at the rate they are then they'll have no aircraft left...

Regards,

Ró.

.......except possibly the Chinese or Russians

http://www.independe...ts-2527367.html

Wasn't it a Russian MS-21 that flew into the side of a mountain in Indonesia recently?

That crash was most likely pilot error last I checked but I wouldn't underestimate that jet. Problem with the USA is when they get too comfortable the competition sneeks up on them when it's too little too late. GMC, Ford and Chrysler for example. The US Auto industry was once thought to be a sure thing. Airbus has given Boeing a good run for its money as well and we all saw an Airbus crash at a demo in France.

Careful what you say because in 10 to 15 years the aviation industry is going to be a very different place. None of us have a crystal ball but we all know their is fierce compitition ahead that the industry has never seen before.

Yeah MOL is in a bit of a pickle with Boeing and Airbus. Like you said Boeing aren't bending over backwards this time, they don't need to. Last time they needed the orders but now all they really need to do is keep a nice steady NG production rate till the MAX starts production. And that shouldnt be too hard, they've gotten a couple of good orders recently especially from AA and SW.

MOL ticked off Airbus last time around and now they won't play ball either. So FR will either have to give into either Boeing or Airbus or just wait for the MAX or NEO.

I think that they'll have to get used to it now, last time they made a huge order was 2002 correct? So Boeing/Airbus needed orders after the industry slow down from 9/11. Now they're not so desperate and don't need to give in to MOL.

I agree about them staying with Boeing and Airbus. The CS100 like you said wont have the capacity. The CS300 might but how long would it take Bombardier to build 250 frames? A very long time.

My 2 cents.

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

With their reputation it does not matter to me which aircraft they acquire at any price, I will never be in one, not with that corporate culture.

Kind regards,

Scary stuff indeed. Greed has so many ill effects... Hopefully one day, humanity can escape that particular cave man left over.

As far as the Rus/China manufactures. Russian planes have a good rep. They have to put up with allot of abuse, misuse, and little maintenance! Looks like they are really doing a good job with the new ms-21. The supply chain has some well known manufactures: http://www.aviationn...ms-21-twin-jet/

I should add, Its now slated for 2017 though