Sign in to follow this  
JonRD463

Goosing around Glacier Nat'l Park

I just picked up a G-21 Goose for X-Plane and took it out for a spin up in northern Montana. Pretty cool plane, though it was made for XP9.

xplane2012091617020373.jpg

xplane2012091616583291.jpg

xplane2012091616562788.jpg

xplane2012091616484204.jpg

I landed the Goose then took a Hughes 500 up for a closer look at things. I snapped this one while hovering over a small lake at the base of a mountain. There's something oddly familiar about this... something.... magical, perhaps?

xplane2012091615091962.jpg

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Thanks! I'm a bit surprised no one's commented on that last picture, though. ;) Seems to resemble something controversial prior to FSX's release.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

That is stunning. Flying around that region is almost in itself worth buying Xplane 10

Lake Mc Donald area......spectacular shots!

HLJAMES

Edit: Image deleted as requested ...

Thanks! I'm a bit surprised no one's commented on that last picture, though. ;) Seems to resemble something controversial prior to FSX's release.

Well - you must be refering to this one ^_^

@manuthy

Please do not react on a topic by placing new images.

The rules for the screenshotforum say:

All images must appear in the first message of the topic, no subsequent messages may be posted that include images

This implicates the initial poster of the topic isn`t allowed to do that either.

edit:

Thanks this is OK.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Edit: Image deleted as requested ...

Well - you must be refering to this one ^_^

Yeah, same location and POV. I spent a couple of days seeking out that original location just so I could see how it looked in XP with all the settings up. It was a PITA trying to hover that 500 in just the right spot. :D The added bonus is that Glacier Park is a great place to fly in general. Yet another one of those areas that's just been "flyover country" for me when I do airline flights, but which make for some nice up close flying in GA.

Excellent!! The last shot looks a tad familiar. :biggrin:

Adam

HP Omen Obelisk Gaming Computer, Intel Core i7-9700, Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 System Memory 4.7GHz 8 cores, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics with 8GB GDDR6 memory, PSU 750 watts, 1TB hard drive, Samsung T7 2TB SSD, 512 GB SSD, WD 5TB HDD,  Logitech HOTAS X52 Pro Joystick, AOC 27" monitor,

By jove, I DO believe you are right!

That last image looks uncannily like the fiddled DX10 screenshot MS used to make us believe that was what FSX was going to look like :(