Sign in to follow this  
Ehmjo

VATSIM sound option?

Hi guys,

First of all: Thank you PMDG for your outstanding products.

I wonder if it would be possible to have a sound option for online (VATSIM etc) flying.

Now it's very hard to understand the controller since the cockpit noice is so present.

In real life a headphone would keep that noice away and only transmit ATC, in FSX all sounds come through my headset.

If only we could have an (let's call it) "multiplayer sound" option that would reduce all other noise (engines, environment etc) and focus on ATC....

I hope we can!

Hi guys,

I wonder if it would be possible to have a sound option for online (VATSIM etc) flying.

Now it's very hard to understand the controller since the cockpit noice is so present.

In real life a headphone would keep that noice away and only transmit ATC, in FSX all sounds come through my headset.

If only we could have an (let's call it) "multiplayer sound" option that would reduce all other noise (engines, environment etc) and focus on ATC....

I hope we can!

Use your FSFDT Control panel located next to the clock when you start VATSIM to control where your sounds go. You can set up your headset to only accept voice and outside speakers to produce engine/cockpit sound. You will need to have at least a 5.1 system for this. May not work on traditional stereo two speaker output. Good luck!

I believe you'd need a USB headset for that to work.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Why post this in the 777 forum :huh:

Why post this in the 777 forum :huh:

Why not?

The whole PMDG Fora has been full of inane BS for weeks...if not months...lots of people always highlighting all the rules, regs & norms & nobody actually policing the place (even been a little guitly myself on occasion)....credit where credit is due - this was at least an intelligent question, it may have been better one level up in the PMDG Forum heirarchy but thats about it.

If you feel that strongly Luke contact a member of the Forum Staff & suggest that it gets moved instead of making a public statement thats goes nowhere.

So if there are any Forum Staff reading this can this topic please go into the PMDG General Forum please?.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Why not?

The whole PMDG Fora has been full of inane BS for weeks...if not months...lots of people highlighting all the rules, regs & norms & nobody actually policing the place....credit where credit is due this was at least an intelligent question, it may have been better one level up in the PMDG Forum heirarchy but thats about it.

Well put it in the general forum then. There's more people there anyway.

Why not?

The whole PMDG Fora has been full of inane BS for weeks...if not months...lots of people always highlighting all the rules, regs & norms & nobody actually policing the place (even been a little guitly myself on occasion)....credit where credit is due - this was at least an intelligent question, it may have been better one level up in the PMDG Forum heirarchy but thats about it.

If you feel that strongly Luke contact a member of the Forum Staff & suggest that it gets moved instead of making a public statement thats goes nowhere.

So if there are any Forum Staff reading this can this topic please go into the PMDG General Forum please?.

I've reported many topics that are not PMDG related and it seems nothing happens!

Hi guys,

I hope we can!

In the FMC, turn the sound down to 15%

Turn FSX sounds to 15%

Turn you headphones master volume up to compensate.

Leave squawkbox sound at 100% default

Then you can hear most controllers. If its really bad just tap "Q" to temporarily disable the sound.

Although personally I don't find the NGX so loud compared to others like the J41, and the 777 will be a different beast altogether.

Thank you Jacub!

I think I got it (without an USB headset or second soundcard)

To all others complaining about my post:

I honoustly tried to suggest an option for the upcoming 777.

If you think this is off topic: I'm sorry and please report it.

Adding off topic replies to my off topic question is not helping anyone I guess :P

No hard feelings.

Step 1: Receive a message you find hard to understand from Vatsim ATC.

Step 2: Press "Q"

Step 3: Ask ATC to repeat

Step 4: profit!

Trent Hopkinson

or get a USB headset which works as a single plug in-and play second sound card.

But seriously, this is a Vatsim or Windows or PC Hardware related question.

Had this problem on the NGX. Just replace the PMDG_737_Wind.wav with something else that's not so loud...since the volume of that particular sound can't be changed in the FMC.

Had this problem on the NGX. Just replace the PMDG_737_Wind.wav with something else that's not so loud...since the volume of that particular sound can't be changed in the FMC.

Yes it can. Go to PMDG SETUP then find the sound settings. You can change the ambiance, exterior, engines, etc. sounds.

Diego indeed you're right:) But IMHO the Wind.wav is to loud compared with other sounds. So I just replaced it.

What would be great is if the VHF1 controls in the cockpit controlled the radio volume. If you're on VATSIM: preso! Adjust the volume right there.

Jon Skiffington