Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

The 777 is so big!

Today I started up a flight with Alaska Airlines on the NGX from SFO to SEA and a AI 777 was docked next to me. That thing is huge! The transition whenever the 777 comes out will be much harder, as in the feel of it. Take a look:

fsx2012-10-0320-02-27-90.jpg

fsx2012-10-0320-02-44-02.jpg

fsx2012-10-0320-02-35-35.jpg

Yuppers, she's a big girl! It can be quite painful disembarking especially when you're seated at the aft section :P Looking out the gate window the first time I flew on one really took me by surprise. The engines are enormous!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

Yuppers, she's a big girl! It can be quite painful disembarking especially when you're seated at the aft section :P Looking out the gate window the first time I flew on one really took me by surprise. The engines are enormous!

Yeah! When I saw the AI airplane I thought it it was a 747... LOL.

as in the feel of it.

She is a beast. Now, to get back to dreaming about the DL and PMDG liveries (and the engines)...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Gday,

I think shes the biggest twin out there, and from my experience the biggys are easier to fly, you just have to take into account it size when taxing, and turning in flight.

Jeff

Aww, look at that cute little 73 there :wub:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

Aww, look at that cute little 73 there :wub:

exactly my thought

But as already mentioned above, i think it is almost easier to handfly the big ones. Only taxing can seriously drive you nuts :LMAO:

regards,

Alexander Marx

Also, this one is very cool! I love how the diameter of the GE90-115 is just slightly smaller than the diameter of the fuselage of the 737!

w*w*w.airliners.net/photo/Malev---Hungarian/Boeing-737-7Q8/0881502/ (remove *)

But as already mentioned above, i think it is almost easier to handfly the big ones. Only taxing can seriously drive you nuts :LMAO:

When I moved from the B763 to the B738 I found that the NG was harder to taxi! Taking a corner at 10knts in a 777 is so different to a 737 ha. When I used the 772/3 from Posky taxing was actually pretty good.

The Boeing 757 (well the captain sim 757), Boeing 747 and IL-62 are very difficult to taxi. And for something even more difficult, just try the default Ford Trimotor, nearly impossible!

The NG is really nice to taxi compared to the big ones. The cockpit is so high off the ground, the taxiways look even smaller than normal and usually the nose wheel is way behind the cockpit which takes a bit of getting used to.

Although, I must say, for me the concorde is probably the worst of the nose wheel steered planes at least. You are just so far ahead of the wheel, you are regularly over the grass in 90 degree turns.

It will be interesting to see how easy the T7 will be, particularly if PMDG manages to create the taxi cams for us. I never like to leave the cockpit for external views so it usually takes me a while to get the hang of a new plane. Perhaps this one will be completely different.

It can be quite painful disembarking especially when you're seated at the aft section

Not if you do it right. Leave headphones in, grab book from carry on under seat, laugh under breath at all of those people standing impatiently in the aisle, or bent over trying to stand under the overhead storage.

You're definitely right that it takes a while, though.

Kyle Rodgers

It'll be just as easy to fly. Size of the aircraft doesn't always correlate with how difficult or easy a plane is to fly.