Sign in to follow this  
V1VrV2

King Air B200 - Available!

Awaiting your reports, gentlemen. :smile: Edited. Oops, I just found the dedicated forum section.

If your basing flight 1s textures on the mustang and 182 that's not fair. Both of those planes on the exterior are smooth and shiny in real life. And the cockpits are like that in real life too. Because it is all surrounded by the G1000 it really is just a bland grey.

People say that about Airbus cockpits too. In the recent previews for the Aerosoft and FSLabs Airbuses people commented on how the vc was bad because it was "bland". When in reality that's the look of them!

The C90 and B200 are older designs so their cockpits aren't as "clean" (bland I guess) as newer planes.

Regards

Lee

I will add that Carenado's textures are great. I love their vc and external texture work. But I think we have to look at a couple of different things when comparing them to someone else's work.

Keeping in mind that the F1 is still in development.

Agreed with as far as the Mustang and 182, however if you take a look at their Cardinal as well as thier 172 they also have the same grey bland panels as all of thier models. And to do an even more of a somewhat "apples to apples" comparison look at the textures( both interior and exterior) of the Carenado 172 vs Flight 1 Cardinal since both planes' exteriors should be from the somewhat the same era/decade and the same manufacturer. Flight 1's lacks BIG TIME. They slap the same boring grey panel in ALL of thier planes and are basically done with them. Bland, bland, bland. Don't take my word for it, go to their product page, and look for yourself. You'd be pretty hard pressed not to think you've changed models when looking at their interiors.

I will add that Carenado's textures are great. I love their vc and external texture work. But I think we have to look at a couple of different things when comparing them to someone else's work.

Now here is where I would have to agree with you. Not just on the Carenado's textures part but also looking at a few other things. Hey, I will be the first to admit that even AFTER Carenado sends out sevice packs I still have to do some tenkering with their Aircraft.cfgs to make thier planes flight chacerteristics more realistic. Unfortunately, it's what I expect from most if not all of their releases, but to me, that's what makes it fun, lol. I will admit, in my opinion anyway, Flight 1's flight dynamics blow Carenado's away. However, I can tweak the flight dynamics myself after making a purchase, but there's nothing that can be done with the graphics. They are what they are once you press the "buy now" button.With that being said, once Flight 1 decides to "step it up" with thier textures and come to age with their graphics I'll but their products again, but until then, only Carenado and Milviz will be getting my King Air bucks!!

Sorry guys I couldn't quite figure out how to use all of Lee's quote's properly here. I kept getting an error message. Those are Lee's words about the " I will add that Carenado's textures..........." not mine,

Cheers,

Gary

I really, really want this plane to be good, even if it takes an SP or two to iron out most of the problems (I can live with minors glitches after that). They make such pretty planes that do look great in the hanger and I've got nine or ten of them. But I have to admit that I'm not that confident any more... Please prove me wrong.

Agreed with as far as the Mustang and 182, however if you take a look at their Cardinal as well as thier 172 they also have the same grey bland panels as all of thier models. And to do an even more of a somewhat "apples to apples" comparison look at the textures( both interior and exterior) of the Carenado 172 vs Flight 1 Cardinal since both planes' exteriors should be from the somewhat the same era/decade and the same manufacturer. Flight 1's lacks BIG TIME. They slap the same boring grey panel in ALL of thier planes and are basically done with them. Bland, bland, bland. Don't take my word for it, go to their product page, and look for yourself. You'd be pretty hard pressed not to think you've changed models when looking at their interiors.

Now here is where I would have to agree with you. Not just on the Carenado's textures part but also looking at a few other things. Hey, I will be the first to admit that even AFTER Carenado sends out sevice packs I still have to do some tenkering with their Aircraft.cfgs to make thier planes flight chacerteristics more realistic. Unfortunately, it's what I expect from most if not all of their releases, but to me, that's what makes it fun, lol. I will admit, in my opinion anyway, Flight 1's flight dynamics blow Carenado's away. However, I can tweak the flight dynamics myself after making a purchase, but there's nothing that can be done with the graphics. They are what they are once you press the "buy now" button.With that being said, once Flight 1 decides to "step it up" with thier textures and come to age with their graphics I'll but their products again, but until then, only Carenado and Milviz will be getting my King Air bucks!!

Sorry guys I couldn't quite figure out how to use all of Lee's quote's properly here. I kept getting an error message. Those are Lee's words about the " I will add that Carenado's textures..........." not mine,

Cheers,

Gary

Hey fair enough Gary. I see where you are coming from. And I agree with you.

Cheers

Lee

Im going to sit this one out...

+1 , maybe wait for the milviz one, and see what they can come up with. enough of awesome flying textures myself..

ahh so good to be rid of my monthly carenado "fix", that always look great but never get properly fixed/completed..!

I am only going to buy this if they have fixed the EHSI. As I'm waiting for the Flight 1 and Milviz King Airs too.

Can someone please tell me if the map and arc modes work correctly. That was the biggest disappointment in the C90 for me.

Thanks

Lee

there was someone that changed and added a solid sandel gauge with working maps etc.. to the C90.. !

That seemed to be really nice. Will see if I get the post.

Im going to sit this one out... Im going to wait for the Flight 1 with G1000 and Blackhawk engine upgrade!! Im really done with Carenado's flying textures! I know the Flight 1 bird will raise the bar for FSX airplanes!

Agreed. I'm looking forward to the F1 offering with the more modern avionics and autopilot. Carenado should've at least offered their product with two versions of the old and new autopilot and G1000 or steam gauges...

+1 , maybe wait for the milviz one, and see what they can come up with. enough of awesome flying textures myself..

ahh so good to be rid of my monthly carenado "fix", that always look great but never get properly fixed/completed..!

there was someone that changed and added a solid sandel gauge with working maps etc.. to the C90.. !

That seemed to be really nice. Will see if I get the post.

Can you please that would be great.

Lee

Im going to sit this one out... Im going to wait for the Flight 1 with G1000 and Blackhawk engine upgrade!! Im really done with Carenado's flying textures! I know the Flight 1 bird will raise the bar for FSX airplanes!

+1

Dave Scalora

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

That's what's so frustrating about Carenado - as always the visuals are absolute top shelf - bar none... The models look better than any other product out there - period... No debate... Though for years we lived with pretty bad FDE's - bugs that weren't fixed - and - extremely basic panels... Bernt came along and vastly improved the FDE's - so I most certainly hope he is still doing them... Now Carenado is cranking out new models probably faster than anyone else has ever done in the history of MSFS... I love getting new planes - but - please take the time to do them right... Maybe use a larger pool of beta testers to catch some of the bugs that seem so blatant it's hard to fathom how they were missed... If something is broken - fix it... If you can't do advanced glass panels well - stick to older planes with conventional gauges.. Maybe partner up with a group that can do advanced gauges and charge more for the end product... Finally - be a little more responsive to customers and provide a little dialog... All it takes is - "we see the problem - we are working on it and a fix should be along shortly"... I spend a considerable amount of money on add-ons - so I am definitely one of the customers a payware vendor should market to... Every time I see a Carenado plane I would like to own - I check here - and - the feedback/bug lists talk me out of it... This isn't a rant against Carenado - this is intended as constructive criticism - and - I'm trying to provide insight into a customer's mindset.... I'd really like to see these planes perform as good as they look...

If only we could combine the stunning Canenado visuals - with the functionality of the old Aeroworx King Air...

Just my two cents - so take it for what it's worth...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

That's what's so frustrating about Carenado - as always the visuals are absolute top shelf - bar none... The models look better than any other product out there - period... No debate... Though for years we lived with pretty bad FDE's - bugs that weren't fixed - and - extremely basic panels... Bernt came along and vastly improved the FDE's - so I most certainly hope he is still doing them... Now Carenado is cranking out new models probably faster than anyone else has ever done in the history of MSFS... I love getting new planes - but - please take the time to do them right... Maybe use a larger pool of beta testers to catch some of the bugs that seem so blatant it's hard to fathom how they were missed... If something is broken - fix it... If you can't do advanced glass panels well - stick to older planes with conventional gauges.. Maybe partner up with a group that can do advanced gauges and charge more for the end product... Finally - be a little more responsive to customers and provide a little dialog... All it takes is - "we see the problem - we are working on it and a fix should be along shortly"... I spend a considerable amount of money on add-ons - so I am definitely one of the customers a payware vendor should market to... Every time I see a Carenado plane I would like to own - I check here - and - the feedback/bug lists talk me out of it... This isn't a rant against Carenado - this is intended as constructive criticism - and - I'm trying to provide insight into a customer's mindset.... I'd really like to see these planes perform as good as they look...

If only we could combine the stunning Canenado visuals - with the functionality of the old Aeroworx King Air...

Just my two cents - so take it for what it's worth...

Regards,

Scott

Agree 100% with everything you just said.

I also wish Carenado would stay away from glass, or team up with someone who can do glass and systems. That would be one cool plane

Lee

Guest BeaverDriver

@Scott - very well put. There's only one problem - Carenado doesn't pay any attention to these (or any other) posts. We have seen the same problems (maybe different "switch" but same idea) from back before the 208 release. And yet with each new release we see the same issues over and over again. A rant would be more appropriate at this stage, but that too goes ignored. The most frustrating thing is, these bugs CAN be fixed, but he chooses not to. The evidence is in the next release which has much the same bugs as the previous one. I get the feeling he just doesn't care. He releases a product, a lot of people run right out to buy it because "it has great textures" (and it does - no argument from me there), but that's where it stops. The customer fixed the 208, and frankly, it is the customer that is the beta tester for his airplanes (don't believe me? How is it then that with each release there is a bug list a mile long within a day of a release - tell me beta testers would not have picked up on at least half of these items and had them fixed prior to release!). The inevitable service pack comes out a week or two later, then nothing. If it's not fixed right off, it's too late. He's moved on to his next project and this one is but a distant memory. That's despicable, but hey, he keeps raking in the money because there are enough people out there who will buy it for the textures only and not care about the rest. As long as that is happening, the bar will remain low. F1's textures are not quite as good as Carenado's, but their bug list after a release is minscule compared with Carenado's. Same with PMDG (although their textures probably are as good). Same with Real Air, Flight Replica, and so on. They don't release nearly the quantity of airplanes that Carenado does, but there's a reason for that. They have a lot more respect for their customer and their own product than does Carenado. Again, don't believe me? How many times has Carenado come to their forum to address concerns and issues? I mean genuine ones, like how to make the wx radar work, or why fuel gauges aren't reading correctly. Other developers attend their own forums (even the unofficial ones), and typically all bugs that can be fixed, usually are. Seldom do I hear the excuse, "FSX limitation" outside of Carenado. It does come up, but not nearly that often.

So Scott, your points are well taken. At least, by some. Unfortunately they are falling on deaf ears from those that matter. People will continue to buy half-finished products and the bar will remain low. The only thing you can do is stop buying and look elsewhere, as I see you have done. As someone said on one of the forums (and has been repeated), I'm tired of flying textures. I've heard RW and virtual-only pilots both say they still want switches to work that are supposed to work. Amen. And yes, I stopped buying Carenado after the 210 debacle. I've flown a 210 and the landing attitude on that plane is totally, completely out to lunch, as is the approach attitude and the flaps effects. He was made aware of that by email, and from numerous, numerous posts here. The response has been... silence. My response has, and will continue to be to keep my wallet in my pocket.

Patience....... B)

Patience....... B)

Lol

I am being patient...and looking forward to it

Lee