Sign in to follow this  
davidmi58

Have any of you tried this? (SweetFX)

Mork, on 30 Jun 2013 - 7:28 PM, said:

I have the whole screen flashing every second when NGX is initialising after starting FSX. Every time you get a written message in screen it flashes. This is with SweetFX and with the ENB series (i used ENBseries when i was still on DX9).

After that i get no flashes, but I don't use EZdok. I do use Opus, but I didn't notice any flashing when going into another camera view. Maybe I have learned to ignore it, would have to check first.

I had the flashing in the NGX already before ever using Opus, so for me it's really a injection-side effect and not Opus.

After the first 15 seconds there is no problem at all, so I don't really care.

You are correct mork, when NGX is initialising it flickers really bad. But I referred to changing views in pmdg737 in general with sweetFSX, no matter FSX generic, Opus or Ezdok. Mind you, the flickering/flashing is seen in the full screen mode only, and it flashes/flickers bad with SweetFSX. To some reason when changing views in pmdg737, perhaps due to the very high res textures, you can see how the post-processing is unfolding, or something like that. :smile:

Thanks,

Dirk.

I always run fullscreen, and when i change camera in the PDMG it doesn't flash.

Howevery, if i change from an outside view into VC view, the build up of the cockpit takes a second. I see black windows (i replaced the DX10 default 'missing' texture with a black .bmp) and it hangs for about a second.

Could you check if you have the lumasharpen effect active (=1) in SweetFX? I found out recently that this one changes my hard yellow (like taxi signs or thing inside the cockpit) into somewhat of a flashy yellow with black stripes. Doesn't sound exactly like your problem, but it probably is a sweetFX thingy, so maybe it helps.

You can tweak SweetFX settings on the fly, if you save the settings file and go back to FSX in fullscreen, you see the changes.

Maybe you already know this, I didn't read the whole thread.

I always run fullscreen, and when i change camera in the PDMG it doesn't flash.

Howevery, if i change from an outside view into VC view, the build up of the cockpit takes a second. I see black windows (i replaced the DX10 default 'missing' texture with a black .bmp) and it hangs for about a second.

Could you check if you have the lumasharpen effect active (=1) in SweetFX? I found out recently that this one changes my hard yellow (like taxi signs or thing inside the cockpit) into somewhat of a flashy yellow with black stripes. Doesn't sound exactly like your problem, but it probably is a sweetFX thingy, so maybe it helps.

You can tweak SweetFX settings on the fly, if you save the settings file and go back to FSX in fullscreen, you see the changes.

Maybe you already know this, I didn't read the whole thread.

The comparison won't make any sense if you are using DX10, tell me you are not?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Yea i'm on DX10 and i know that it's different, but I had the flashing in DX9 also.

Like I said, it seems to be caused by SweetFX, so maybe you should zoom in on the problem and find out if it is SweetFX in general, or a specific setting in SweetFX that causes the flashing.

Either way, DX9/10 you could try switching off any of the settings in SweetFX to identify the root cause.

Just a suggestion, again, I didn't read the whole thread, so maybe I make no sense in the running discussion. Please ignore me then :P

Yea i'm on DX10 and i know that it's different, but I had the flashing in DX9 also.

Like I said, it seems to be caused by SweetFX, so maybe you should zoom in on the problem and find out if it is SweetFX in general, or a specific setting in SweetFX that causes the flashing.

Either way, DX9/10 you could try switching off any of the settings in SweetFX to identify the root cause.

Just a suggestion, again, I didn't read the whole thread, so maybe I make no sense in the running discussion. Please ignore me then :P

You make sense Mork. Seems there's something in SweetFX that doesn't live well with something in PMDG737. I even surmise there's a guague somewhere in PMDG737's panel that is very different from all other planes.

Luckily to some reason I don't see any FPS drop or picture tearing (?!!) using windowed mode in PMDG737, and that's where SweetFX and PMDG seem to live perfect with each other.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Hi together,

just found this thread and read around the last 10 pages. Sorry if my problem was already discussed. Sweetfx works fine when I'm in window mode. But when I go to fullscreen mode my fps drop from around 60 fps to 0.4 fps (default airport, default cessna, no weather). I use 2 monitors if that information helps. AA in the FSX ingame settings is already unchecked.

Thanks for any help. ;-)

Julian

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

Hi together,

just found this thread and read around the last 10 pages. Sorry if my problem was already discussed. Sweetfx works fine when I'm in window mode. But when I go to fullscreen mode my fps drop from around 60 fps to 0.4 fps (default airport, default cessna, no weather). I use 2 monitors if that information helps. AA in the FSX ingame settings is already unchecked.

Thanks for any help. ;-)

Julian

Why don't you just use Windowed mode than?  It's the same thing...

Yeah I've been trying forever to use that FXAA tool in FSX (results are absolutely spectacular) but unfortunately that and the PMDG 737 aren't the best of friends lol.  Crashes every time I fly with it, usually when I'm piddling around the menus, such as recording with FSRecorder, or going from full screen to windowed mode. 

Without it I get no crashes. 

Just downloaded and installed SweetFX today and took a flight in the NGX.  Frames stayed locked at 35 FPS and it was a vast improvement in the sim!  Looking forward to further tweaking this.

Which setting makes the night darker? Want to tweak it a bit.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

For Vibrance (way down in the settings file), set a negative number. It will subtract light from each pixel.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

I'm currently using Vibrance, HDR and Bloom.  Any other settings I am missing or should try out?

you should also be used to improve the lighting LIFTGAMMAGAIN since the very dark night HDR

I use FXAA Tool. After change many settings I did not noticed any change in FSX.

I have this message log:

redirecting CreateDevice

device->GetBackBuffer failed
redirecting CreateDevice
redirecting device->Reset

As suggested in the forum I turned off AA of FSX. But still no luck.

Hi together,

Thanks for any help. ;-)

Julian

Do you run 2 or more monitors? SweetFX does not like multi monitor setups and it will result in the massive FPS drop.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

SweetFX combined with FSX Global has complete transformed my simulator. I would have gladly paid for this product. It is that good.+