Sign in to follow this  
Splash_One

Which plane would you like to see a high quality model ...

HiI decided to finally sign up to avsim :-)Would love a 777-200 or a 717 :-). Both w/ fully clickable vc and wing views. FMS too

Guest ben_hewitt

Everybody is going to make a 777 so i would not bother...A320 series with fully functional Fly By Wire systems would be brilliant! :D

Guest OneTinSoldier

>not on the list....but>>MD-11 with everything Fully Functional!!>>btw....what Group are you with?Hi,I am starting to wonder if 'flight78' is going to come back and reply to any of this. Or whether he is just some 'fly by night' guy. :-lol After all, he has managed to stir up quite a few posts.Jim

hmm..I have all PSS Airbuses, and I'm very happy with them. 737NG is done by PMDG, -300/400 is coming from DreamFleet. MD-80 series is coming from jetcity. Hmm.. so maybe RJ-85? Maybe 777, but PSS will create one.So my vote goes on: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IL-62!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-----------------------------------------:7 Jack

>>not on the list....but>>>>MD-11 with everything Fully Functional!!>>>>btw....what Group are you with?>>>Hi,>>I am starting to wonder if 'flight78' is going to come back>and reply to any of this. Or whether he is just some 'fly by>night' guy. :-lol After all, he has managed to stir up quite a>few posts.>>Jim>>I'm a wondering the same exact thing Jim!

Not being a great fan of "big iron", I would love to understand this fascination with flying these birds realistically at stratospheric heights for hours on end.I have over the last 40 odd years been lucky enough to be invited into the cockpit of quite a few commercial aircraft/flights and lately they have in most instances given me a reasonable impression of a bored bunch of individuals going through the motions, thinking of what they were going to get up to during their layover. (I guess post 9/11 these visits are pretty much a thing of the past)So back to this obsession with big iron. Isn't there enough of these "new" aircraft out there already? What is different about the various offerings. Once one is proficient in the operation of a complex FMS FMC whatever, why does one want to buy another aircraft that has supposedly the same instrument doing the same stuff? A friend of mine (ex DC8 FE) somewhat unkindly calls current aircrew "glorified computer operators", maybe he is partly right.I am sure there are good reasons for doing the above, but wouldn't it be a greater challenge for developers to create a realistic 707, 727, DC8, Viscount, Caravelle, or similar with a realistic working FE station with steam gauges etc instead of more of the 737NG, Airbus, Boeing Widebody and RJ series. Even better, how about an accurate DC6 or DC7, Boeing Stratocruiser etc.Just wondering...Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaMy "Around the World 4" flight pagehttp://members.iinet.net.au/~portercbp/fly...e%20World_5.htm

>I think there is a real need for some buisness/corporate jets>with high quality panels that are actually readable without>squinting. I would love to see some Lear Jets, Gulfstreams,>etc. with crystal clear panels and realistic air files.Any "true to scale and authentic" panel that is also "actually readable" would be - at most - a "partial, partial panel." IOW, you wouldn't have much to look at! There is only so much that may be fit into a small screen... :)>P.S. Please don't forget those "Wing Views."That should be "standard equipment" on any model with a virtual cockpit/cabin...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Chris,you have a good point. Personally I

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest mikeallen

Hi,I would like to see a Bae146 200 & 300. I already have the eurowings product but i feel this could be improved on now for FS2004.Mike.

Guest rellehenk

IndeedA320 would be great. I think PMDG will make the 777, and SSW is also willing to make one. PSS A320 is not good

Hi Tord,I don't think that flame proof clothing and a hard hat is warranted at all. I guess my 20 odd years in this hobby have given me a perspective on it which includes many different facets, some being bush flying, GA, regional flying and upto and including some "big iron".I flew these large aircraft mainly before these complex FMC's etc were introduced and delighted in the challenge of using pilotage and old fashioned navigation using little more than NDB's and where available VOR and DME's. I personally do not see any point in programming a computer and then letting it fly the flight for me.My current around the world flight (no. 4) is done in real weather and in real time all without the use of a GPS or similar tool. It is very challenging given some extreme weather posiibilities, but is what makes the flight interesting.But as always, to each his/her own...Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaMy "Around the World 4" flight pagehttp://members.iinet.net.au/~portercbp/fly...e%20World_5.htm